Like others have said, if you haven't played The Witcher 3, do it ASAP. It's one of the greatest games out there. You don't get to customize your own character, but following Geralt's story is amazing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Witcher 3 as some said.

I also highly suggest Divinity: Original Sin 2. That thing is amaaaazing~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    So I've been watching "Made in Abyss" (Really great anime if you're into that!) and I've gotten an itch to play a really good fantasy RPG.

Can you guys give me some suggestions? Any system is fine! Also - fantasy in the traditional sense of really interesting worlds, magic, kind of like Skyrim.

Thanks guys!
    I LOVE Made in Abyss! Funny thing is, I remember the first time I watched it. Reminded me of a game...but I can't remember what. PS1 era, I think.

Also try Surgeon Simulator for the true Made in Abyss gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Like others have said, if you haven't played The Witcher 3, do it ASAP. It's one of the greatest games out there. You don't get to customize your own character, but following Geralt's story is amazing.
    I see a lot of people said this. So my question is do I need to play the other 2 Witcher games to understand what's happening? I will eventually, but I honestly only have time for one more game since I have so many in my backlog.

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    I see a lot of people said this. So my question is do I need to play the other 2 Witcher games to understand what's happening? I will eventually, but I honestly only have time for one more game since I have so many in my backlog.
    you don't need to play the other 2, W3 does a good job to ease you in as a newbie to the witcher series. The game is massive btw, it'll keep you occupied for a long time with good content for so many hours.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is there any mmorpg out there that can beat WoW in terms of... well everything? Doubt there is so what is next most successful?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Is there any mmorpg out there that can beat WoW in terms of... well everything? Doubt there is so what is next most successful?
    Runescape is WoW's only real competition.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Runescape is WoW's only real competition.
    Fo real? No other mmorpg that compares?

How does Divinity: Original Sin 2 compare to the first? I've read some mixed reviews about how the story is worse, the UI is worse, etc. I loved the first one and have some steam cash to spend.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Fo real? No other mmorpg that compares?
    There a some that struggle by, namely Elder Scrolls Online and Final Fantasy XIV, both are fairly good, but not really massive. If you like RP and Immersion, FFIX. If you want interesting and unique, ESO. But the only one out there really standing on its own is Runescape. Runescape is WoW's big brother, while not as successful in the long run, it has been out for longer and has matured in its own way, instead of following in WoW's shadow. Other MMORPG's have been designed around competing with WoW, but Runescape, being older and already established, hasn't had to really compete with it.

Basically, Other MMO's try and BE WoW, but Runescape doesn't need to. If you are looking for something completely different in the traditional fantasy MMO world, that would be Runescape and not much else. You can try it, it's free and has a browser version. I can give you a review, but I haven't played it in a while. May not be up-to-date, it's a game that updates very regularly.

I will also mention the Lego game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    How does Divinity: Original Sin 2 compare to the first? I've read some mixed reviews about how the story is worse, the UI is worse, etc. I loved the first one and have some steam cash to spend.
    The game is better than the first one in terms of, well everything, but it has some problems.
    Is it worth to buy?, absolutely, if you like sword&sorcery RPGs.
    Here is the thing, Act I is like perfection, it is one of the best 20-30 hours you can put in a videogame of this genre for sure.
    After that, well i am in Act 2, and it is not as good, but still it is very good.
    To be honest the exact same thing happened to me with Divinity original sin 1, after braccus rex the game went downhill for me, it was still good but not that good.

P.s.: I forgot to mention one important thing, i am enjoying Div original sin 2 a lot, but i am playing it modded, with a mod for having no limit of chars in the group, i am playing with six chars, and another one so vendors restack their tradings everytime you interact with them, so you do not need to wait for an hour.
    These two mods have greatly improved my enjoyment of the game, i mention it because there is quite a nice collection of mods for div or sin 2 at the nexus, so you can customize the game to your likings, and that improves the game a lot.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2017-12-14 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    First I'd like to point out that the sorry isnt worse, it's just not as heroic or epic as the first one. Secondly, the second one isn't as hand holding with where you stand in the plot of the game. So my point being this is VERY subjective and I personally love this one much more

Ui worse? Lol. Who in the hell said this? That is flat out wrong.

I loved the first one, but there's def only 1 or 2 things I liked more from 1.

Where are these mixed reviews, I've onlu seen overwhelmingly positive reviews on this and anyone stating other wise has some sort of vendetta with Divinity. It's that good of a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried the first Divinity: Original Sin. Thought it was a cool concept. My only problem with it was that I didn't know how to get xp. I was in the first town, the one with the murder mystery you had to solve (I did it thanks to being able to talk with the victim's dog) but when I tried to leave and continue on with my adventure, EVERYTHING was way stronger than I was. I did find one dungeon on a beach and cleared it, but it took all my planning and resources to take down a single enemy. Did I miss something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I tried the first Divinity: Original Sin. Thought it was a cool concept. My only problem with it was that I didn't know how to get xp. I was in the first town, the one with the murder mystery you had to solve (I did it thanks to being able to talk with the victim's dog) but when I tried to leave and continue on with my adventure, EVERYTHING was way stronger than I was. I did find one dungeon on a beach and cleared it, but it took all my planning and resources to take down a single enemy. Did I miss something?
    Yep i quit for the exact same reason the first time i tried it, and it was not after two years later that i did try again, this time the enhanced edition, but still the same problem, it is quite a hard start, and yeah getting those first XP points, and finding your recruits until you get to four members it is a bit complicated, specially because it is too damn easy to go the wrong way and find too hard enemies at the beggining.
    I suggest patience, talk to every living being so that you squeeze all the XP you can get and then start leaving town by the west side, undead territory looking for the lighthouse.
    In any case it is also a good idea to watch a let´s play of the game, it not only points you to the right direction but it helps getting a better understanding of the game mechanics when starting the game.
    I do guarantee that after that initial time investment you are in for a great game.

Can anyone recommend any 2d fighting games that are not heavily combo based? I'm getting back into fighting games and i already have SFV, Injustice 2, Guilty Gear XRD Rev2 and BlazBlue. I'm looking for some more games but with light combo systems like how SFV is. IJ2 is fun but sometimes i need a break from the combo/juggling playstyle so i play SFV. Are there any other games out there like SFV? also bonus points if it has funny Japanese/Asian themes like GG or BB. Anime themes are ok as long as it is funny/silly and not dramatic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notanmmmonewbie View Post
    Can anyone recommend any 2d fighting games that are not heavily combo based? I'm getting back into fighting games and i already have SFV, Injustice 2, Guilty Gear XRD Rev2 and BlazBlue. I'm looking for some more games but with light combo systems like how SFV is. IJ2 is fun but sometimes i need a break from the combo/juggling playstyle so i play SFV. Are there any other games out there like SFV? also bonus points if it has funny Japanese/Asian themes like GG or BB. Anime themes are ok as long as it is funny/silly and not dramatic.
    Have you checked out Brawlhalla? It's a quite popular f2p game on Steam.

Game Suggestion (Very unpopular mmorpg but is good & unique system kind of)
    redstone, classic mmorpg with multi login enabled (3 clients, 1 with only steam client)

When suggesting a game, try to include a link to its dedicated thread.
    will update later just felt like mentioning.

video: will post later im restricted now but want mention game is all.

Main Point: Game encourages community and most of the time it is, it has
    decent graphics for decent community game. Im working on getting alot
    more players in the future though.

Other games people play on here though: old school runescape, league of legends, wow, overwatch, path of exile, diablo 3 (rarely), maplestory (very low), those are the main ones people play.

Looking for post-apocalyptic game, pref. mmo or open world single player (Other than fallout). Anyone played something interesting in that setting lately? Im open minded for older games/indie games too.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Looking for post-apocalyptic game, pref. mmo or open world single player (Other than fallout). Anyone played something interesting in that setting lately? Im open minded for older games/indie games too.
    If you don't mind games with a linear narrative, then I'd suggest the Metro series. In the wake of a nuclear apocalypse, an enclave of humanity has survived in the extensive metro tunnel system underneath Moscow. Rangers are sent out to recover supplies and keep in contact with the other enclaves, until your enclave is assaulted by unknown belligerents. You plays as Artyom, who volunteers to seek out the Rangers' help and save the enclave.

Play in this order: Metro 2033 Redux (first game, enhanced edition) -> Metro Last Light Redux (second game, enhanced edition) -> Metro Exodus.