Deleted
    A fun city building/manager/survival game but not too complicated, just recently got into that, tried out cities skylines and the depth of it scares me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey

I very much enjoy all the fire aoe and spells that the BDO wizard does and i'm wondering, Is there any other games with a good fire mage?
    Guild Wars 2 Elementalist has some nice looking AoE fire spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Ylsor View Post
    A fun city building/manager/survival game but not too complicated, just recently got into that, tried out cities skylines and the depth of it scares me
    There's that fairly new game called Frostpunk that seems to match your needs but it's not really my favorite genre so I might be wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Any great game out there like Slay the spire and Darkest Dungeon.... like turn based rpg elements with somehow random stuff involved? Thanks
    If you're a whale, Forge of Gods might be your cup of tea. If not, stay away from this P2W.

Hand of Fate is quite short but something you might enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone got a good Cyberpunk game that will appease the Akira fan in me?

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Anyone got a good Cyberpunk game that will appease the Akira fan in me?
    Shadowrun: Dragonfall is the closest game I can think of; you run an odd-jobs contractor outfit that is considered to be illegal by the neighboring governments, and get involved in a supernatural conspiracy. However, it is a CRPG with no flashy cutscenes, animations, or voices. You'll have to rough it with the isometric perspective and mountains of text, which may or may not be your thing.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong is the next game in the series in the aforementioned Eastern setting, but I haven't booted up the game yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Shadowrun: Dragonfall is the closest game I can think of; you run an odd-jobs contractor outfit that is considered to be illegal by the neighboring governments, and get involved in a supernatural conspiracy. However, it is a CRPG with no flashy cutscenes, animations, or voices. You'll have to rough it with the isometric perspective and mountains of text, which may or may not be your thing.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong is the next game in the series in the aforementioned Eastern setting, but I haven't booted up the game yet.
    I'll look into it. Don't mind the whole text thing. Final Fantasy VII is my favorite game, and that had three whole disks of no voice acting.

any FREE games very similar to Divinity Original Sin?

Are there any online multiplayer games that are very similar to Divinity Original Sin but FREE?

I cant help you with that but i was actually searching some prices on divinity last night but couldnt find it at a low price so i have will have to wait until sale.... the recent is im not sure i like these kind of rpg so have to try them first... so hopefullly there is a free one out there to try out.

I cant help you with that but i was actually searching some prices on divinity last night but couldnt find it at a low price so i have will have to wait until sale.... the recent is im not sure i like these kind of rpg so have to try them first... so hopefullly there is a free one out there to try out.
    Okay, just let me know if you find anything like that. Path of Exile is pretty good but it's not the same gameplay as Divinity. I'm talking about a 4 or 8 man co-op where you are dungeon crawling and shit like that. Then again, Diablo 2 and Path of Exile are like that.

Anyone know any other good easy FREE multiplayer dungeon crawler games, preferably with an isometric view?

Quote Originally Posted by BoycottAmericanWomen View Post
    Okay, just let me know if you find anything like that. Path of Exile is pretty good but it's not the same gameplay as Divinity. I'm talking about a 4 or 8 man co-op where you are dungeon crawling and shit like that. Then again, Diablo 2 and Path of Exile are like that.

Anyone know any other good easy FREE multiplayer dungeon crawler games, preferably with an isometric view?
    I dont think D3 and POE is the same as divinity.... more like pillar of eternity and for example Dragon age series.

I think i just buy Divinity... it got awesome review so if you shouldnt have tried it go for it really.

I dont think D3 and POE is the same as divinity.... more like pillar of eternity and for example Dragon age series.

I think i just buy Divinity... it got awesome review so if you shouldnt have tried it go for it really.
    dammit i guess you're right. I had uninstalled STEAM but i guess that demon wants to possess me again. So Divinity Original Sin 2 has co-op multiplayer, right? I'll wait for a steam sale.

- - - Updated - - -

then again, i'm not very good at the game without using cheat codes. I think i'll skip it. So I am looking for basically an online multiplayer ACTION RPG or even turn-based RPG co-op. Steam, you do NOT get in pull me back into your clutches!!!!

what's the best free to play MMORPG out there right now? Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by BeetMyMeet View Post
    what's the best free to play MMORPG out there right now? Any suggestions?
    Depends on what you want out of your MMORPG.

If you want a strong emphasis on roleplaying, Lord of the Rings Online and Star Trek Online are your best bets. World of Warcraft also has a strong RP community on Wyrmrest Accord and Moon Guard (yes, MG has a legit RP community, and isn't just people in Goldshire).

If you want a fun, casual online game with that you can either play by yourself or find a few friends with, Guild Wars 2 and Warframe fit the bill. GW2's emphasis is on zones and completing event chains, while Warframe is mission based with horde shooter elements and randomized tilesets. World of Warcraft has also adopted GW2's zone events as of Legion, though not nearly to the same extent.

If you want an online sandbox, then the best choice in that area is EVE Online. EVE offers you the most freedom in any MMO I've ever played, but be warned that it was developed sixteen years ago, and its interface has not aged well, as it is played mainly through a spreadsheet-like UI.

Path of Exile is an evolution of Diablo 2, but it's online.

Wildstar and Star Wars: The Old Republic are the two other big, free MMOs, but I wouldn't recommend them unless you really, really like what you see. SWTOR has an especially atrocious monetization model for an ostensibly "free" game.

If you're looking for more niche titles, there's MapleStory and Tree of Savior. Beyond that, I'd recommend that you check out these YT channels centered around looking into MMOs:

The Lazy Peon
    The Hiveleader
    Cryy

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Depends on what you want out of your MMORPG.

If you want a strong emphasis on roleplaying, Lord of the Rings Online and Star Trek Online are your best bets. World of Warcraft also has a strong RP community on Wyrmrest Accord and Moon Guard (yes, MG has a legit RP community, and isn't just people in Goldshire).

If you want a fun, casual online game with that you can either play by yourself or find a few friends with, Guild Wars 2 and Warframe fit the bill. GW2's emphasis is on zones and completing event chains, while Warframe is mission based with horde shooter elements and randomized tilesets. World of Warcraft has also adopted GW2's zone events as of Legion, though not nearly to the same extent.

If you want an online sandbox, then the best choice in that area is EVE Online. EVE offers you the most freedom in any MMO I've ever played, but be warned that it was developed sixteen years ago, and its interface has not aged well, as it is played mainly through a spreadsheet-like UI.

Path of Exile is an evolution of Diablo 2, but it's online.

Wildstar and Star Wars: The Old Republic are the two other big, free MMOs, but I wouldn't recommend them unless you really, really like what you see. SWTOR has an especially atrocious monetization model for an ostensibly "free" game.

If you're looking for more niche titles, there's MapleStory and Tree of Savior. Beyond that, I'd recommend that you check out these YT channels centered around looking into MMOs:

The Lazy Peon
    The Hiveleader
    Cryy
    I've tried Lord of the Rings Online, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, Eve Online, Path of Exile, Wildstar, SWTOR, and Tree of Savior.

The games that I play regularly are: Rift, Guild Wars 2, and Path of Exile.

I am trying Secret World Legends tomorrow, as I heard it's pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

what are some free to play MMORPGs with a good Random Dungeon Finder or Party Finder?

So far I've only found one that has a good one and that is Rift. A few years ago, I used to use the Random Dungeon Party Finder for Forbidden Worlds but when I tried it last week it wouldn't let me queue even though I had met the minimum level requirements.

I recently bought a HTC Vive VR and Im looking for some stead VR games. so far I have few, but beside one of them ( keep talking and nobody explodes ) the others require a moving and standing, now I enjoy them, if you know any other games please let me know too, but most times I come from work or exercise and I just dont feel like standing in a place and move slightly left and right!

so if you know any racing game ( preferring low price, or if its really good then its ok if its high price ).
    or if you know any other really cool game let me know too. thank you!

Deleted
    Is there any looter/looterlike mmorpg out there that give you a reason to farm the items? It's hard to explain but I am not looking for PoE/warframe system where you farm just to progress alone. I need a farm game where the item I get after many many many hours is used to defeat a boss or whatever in a raid-like environment.
    The closest to explaining what I want is BDO or Archeage with real dungeons/raids.

Is there any?
    Last edited by mmocebc8ec9eed; 2018-05-31 at 05:50 AM.

Looking for an Everquest replacement. I started playing EQ in 1999 and still log in, but it just looks kinda old now, compared to new games. I never tried WoW, looks more like a video game to me, but it must be decent, so many people still play it. I was looking at GW2, FFXIV and Black Desert, but of course you read those post from disgruntled players and think the game sucks(haven't seen many bad posts about FFXIV). Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by Micker View Post
    Looking for an Everquest replacement. I started playing EQ in 1999 and still log in, but it just looks kinda old now, compared to new games. I never tried WoW, looks more like a video game to me, but it must be decent, so many people still play it. I was looking at GW2, FFXIV and Black Desert, but of course you read those post from disgruntled players and think the game sucks(haven't seen many bad posts about FFXIV). Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!
    If you're strictly looking for an EQ replacement, then WoW, FFXIV, and GW2 are going to be your best bets.

World of Warcraft: An original story that has been going on for 24 years. Fourteen years of content in the MMO, and arguably the most polished MMORPG out there. Given that it's a Blizzard game, that's to be expected. The story is set on Azeroth and revolves around two diametrically opposed factions: the Alliance, consisting of civilized races like humans, dwarves, elves, and the likes, vs the Horde, a band of outcasts with their own honor. Every other year, a world ending threat arrives that forces the two to put aside their differences and fight the common enemy - the final boss - before returning to their war. The story alternates between comic book wackiness to very serious, but it never gets really "dark" or hopeless. Expect to travel to other planets a lot. The game has a more cartoony artstyle with exaggerated shapes and bright colors. The world is designed to be enjoyable as a solo player, while dungeons (5 man content) and raids (10 to 25 people) requires groups. Group gameplay is derivative of D&D's four role system, but cuts out the support role, creating a "holy trinity" where you have a tank who grabs the enemy's attention, the DPS who kill enemies, and a healer who keeps the tank alive. There are twelve classes, each with "sub-classes" called specializations (ie, the hunter class can be 1. a ranged marksman, 2. a beastmaster who commands several pets, or 3. a spearman with a pet). There are 37 specializations. Blizzard has made their game very accessible, as there are very few hoops to jump through to access the content you want. Want to fight the final boss? You don't need to play through the story; just get geared and you can get in. Want to play through a particular story? Just go to the questgiver that begins the storyline. WoW has a storyline, but the story keeps juggling it's plot-threads, with old plots being brought back into focus, recent ones being continued, and new ones created. You pick the story you want to follow. Several of these storylines have their own pre-rendered cutscenes. Has the most PvP content of the three games listed and continues to add to it, with a thriving competitive scene. You can play in 2v2/3v3 arenas, 10v10/15v15/40v40 battlegrounds, a 100v100 MOBA-like zone, free for all pits, or open world warfare. Overall, WoW handles everything excellently.

WoW requires a $15 monthly subscription to play, and requires that you buy the latest expansion for $50 to play through it's content. Fortunately, old expansions are bundled together, so you don't have to lay down hundreds of dollars to just get in the door; you can just pay $50 for the entire games and get 30 months of free game time. Additionally, you get a level 110 character, so you don't have to spend a couple months just leveling to the latest expansion's level cap, if you want to.

Final Fantasy XIV: The fourteenth official FF in the mainline series, and the second FF MMO. Do not be alarmed by the "XIV"; each Final Fantasy is set in it's own universe with it's own characters. Final Fantasy games share common elements and game design, but you do not need to have played or researched prior games to understand the story. FFXIV is unusual in that it was launched twice: the first incarnation was a disaster, and reworked into the magnificent new game (labeled "A Realm Reborn". FFXIV is set in a traditional JRPG world called Eorzea, brim with adventuring guilds, floating castles, evil churches, the works. The story centers around the heroes trying to stop the return of "the Primals", ancient demigods who wish to destroy the world. There is also an evil Roman Empire expy that is trying to takeover the world and wants to harness the power of said Primals. The story ranged from comedic slice of life to somewhat grim. The artstyle is unusual, with character's faces resembling anime face, but are combined with realistic proportions and a dulled color palette. General gameplay is similar to WoW, with a more solo friendly overworld and instances designed for groups using the holy trinity model. There is more group only content in the overworld, though. The game isn't as accessible as WoW, as much of the content requires you to complete prerequisites to access it; you can't just hop in and decide "I want to fight the final boss right now!" or start any storyline you'd like. There is also a centralized, main questline to follow, with a main cast of characters who are voiced, and a ton of cutscenes, so much so that you could actually believe you were playing through a singleplayer JRPG. There is a little bit of PvP content here, taking place in small arenas. You must complete a prerequisite storyline with the faction of your choice before you can PvP. You're here for the story and the polished side content.

FFXIV requires a $13 monthly subscription to play, and requires that you purchase the expansions as well. Please note: it is recommended that you DO NOT RUSH TO THE LATEST EXPANSION'S LEVEL CAP, and instead enjoy the game as you level up. There is plenty to do at lower levels, and the bulk of the game's fun isn't concentrated at endgame like WoW.

Guild Wars 2: Sequel to the original Guild Wars, which was an original IP. GW2 is set in Tyria, your typical western fantasy setting, with a few imaginative races like the lion-like Charr and the Asura who look like aliens. Think "Kingdoms of Amalur". Five ancient, massive dragons have reawoken and wish to destroy Tyria. You're going to stop them. Squabbling factions need to set aside their differences to fight them, yadda yadda yadda. The base game had a central plot, but it's rather bland, drawn out, and forgettable. I'd advise that you skip it. The expansions and the content updates (called "Living Story") have an ongoing central story that is actually somewhat interesting (and bearable) and I'd advise you to play through it. Otherwise, you're really here for the soloable overworld. The bulk of GW2's content is set in the world, with very, very little content that requires a group. The holy trinity is nonexistant here, with each class being designed to be self sustaining. As a result, the game can feel rather stale. Personally, it feels like the game you don't play continuously, but come back to every now and then for a couple months of fun (like Warframe). There are very few perquisites in the game, usually being relegated to side activities like collecting legendaries, which are ultimately vanity items. (Gearing really doesn't matter in GW2). The visuals are rather lacking, with armor feeling like plastic and the world looking somewhat muddied. The story is pretty dry, with jokes that usually fall flat and the more serious storyline that struggles to present itself as believable or compelling. Half of the main cast of characters are forgettable, while the other half is legitimately great. You might want to play through it just for Canach and Rytlock. Main story is voiced, but there are hardly any cutscenes. There are two PvP modes: 5v5 arena maps with objectives, and open warfare maps between three servers. The the fun to be had in the arenas varies, with some maps like Skyhammer having fantastic gameplay, while Battle for Kylho is mediocre and boring. Server vs server PvP is mostly "follow the zerg", with it being difficult to determine how useful you really are. You're really just here for the overworld gameplay.

There is no subscription. The base game is free but has several restrictions in place, which can be lifted by purchasing. Expansions cost $30 each, of which there are two. If you want to experience the chapters in the main storyline that were added as a part of the content updates called "Living Story", you'll need to buy them with IRL cash or stockpile a ton of gems ingame. You're better off just buying them with IRL cash, as at this point you'd be unlikely to be able to amass enough gems to buy all of the living story updates and see the main storyline to the end before the developers stop updating the game. (Also, amassing that many gems would require you play the game for several hours a week, as if it was your only game).

Thanks for taking the time to write all that!! Wow sounds like the best fit, but the graphics for GW2 and FFXIV look so good!! Guess I will check out WoW and see if it grabs me. I still go back to everquest and I loved that game, but they still charge $15/mo for a 20 year old game, on top of expansions. I have several accounts and it's just not worth paying for a few accounts to box with at this point.

recommend STEAM racing game

Hello,

Anyone remember Need for Speed: Porsche?
    Old game, but I quite enjoyed it. Racing game, yet ability to upgrade cars and starting driving old farts first while working towards new cars was enjoyable.
    Is there anything new(er) just like that on Steam?