The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Play Brawlhalla. I seem to find a lot of Ragequitters there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    Havent read any responses, but ESO is really holding my attention. Once an hour while playing I actually say out loud "Why can't WOW do this?!" Mostly pertaining to it's perfect execution of the transmog system.
    lol wut. Of the many MMO's I have played ESO ranks pretty low on Transmog system.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    None, you just stay on MMO Champ and shit on the current game lamenting that X expansion was the best and they never should have made any more after that. Also you will need to get an unhealthy obsession with Classic and High Elves.
    This is adequate advice ^, it works for oh-so many people, try it out for free TODAY!!

On topic, I'm busy playing RDR2 and Banished. WoW is on a raid-only basis atm.
    No, I still wouldn't call it worse than WoD, I might be stupid but I ain't retarded.

Any single player RPGs, most multiplayer games these days have a lot of micro transactions and things like that, I've gone back to a few old games like Skyrim SE with mods like ENBs and combat mods to make the game more interesting and better looking. The witcher 3, Kingdom come, Pillars of Eternity 2, and also the Resident Evil 2 Biohazard coming out soon, I'm really excited for that too, I miss the good ol RE horror style of gameplay. I quit wow 2 months into BFA Artifacts and legionaries were awful in Legion, so they added azerite gear in bfa which is like artifacts + legos combined, it's just awful. I preferred the gearing system on Cataclysm I preferred the justice point and valor point gearing style catch up than the addition of titan forging and grinding rare mobs in that pvp warfront crap. Definitely the worst expansion for me, or at least tied with WoD for worst expansion. I've played since 2005, and it's a shame that they feel the need to add an infinite grind for max lvl chars. Also RDR2 when it releases on pc lol
    Last edited by Uhkavii; 2019-01-13 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Added more to my post

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    ffxiv would be great if not for the GCD that you can take a nap between.

if you want an online game that is different than wow, but fun and engaging, try PoE or Warframe.
    Mmh, while I would've preferred a GCD like WoW, you still have plenty of buttons to press inbetween in it that does not affect the GCD.
    I think most people play the first 30 levels and get that impression, I had that too.

But once you reach 40-50+ you start to get a loooot of skills

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Mmh, while I would've preferred a GCD like WoW, you still have plenty of buttons to press inbetween in it that does not affect the GCD.
    I think most people play the first 30 levels and get that impression, I had that too.

But once you reach 40-50+ you start to get a loooot of skills
    eh. i cleared the first raid after launch. things never got better. i also came back and played a little bit when the expansion launched. still felt the same.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocb4b024f181 View Post
    FFXIV is pretty decent from what i played, but if you think the GCD changes are bad in WoW, you have a gloriously long GCD to look forward to. The whole game is slower paced.
    I didn't mind the GCD issues in WoW too much, and while FF XIV can be slow, I played a BLACK MAGE ffs, I still enjoyed myself.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Out of these 3 WW2 themed RTS which one would you guys recommend? also which one has the best singleplayer mode/campaign?

Company of Heroes 2
    Sudden Attack 4
    Steel Division Normandy 44 (not sure if i want to wait until SD2 to get released)

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you recomend me some RPG games on steam? When i took search on steam, i see lots of crap so makes me unconfrontable.

I played.

Shadow Of Mordor.
    Witcher series.
    Dragon Age.
    Mass Effect.
    Gothic.
    Risen.
    Dungeon Siege.
    Victor Vran.
    Torchlight.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Can you recomend me some RPG games on steam? When i took search on steam, i see lots of crap so makes me unconfrontable.

I played.

Shadow Of Mordor.
    Witcher series.
    Dragon Age.
    Mass Effect.
    Gothic.
    Risen.
    Dungeon Siege.
    Victor Vran.
    Torchlight.

Any ideas?
    Obligatory recommendation for the Legend of Heroes series of games by Nihon Falcom.

The series is broken up into arcs, and you can start at any of them. Yes, each arc ties into the larger overarching story, but ultimately each arc has a self contained story that has a definitive beginning, middle, and end. Each arc thoroughly establishes the setting and the characters, and gives you relevant information without spoiling the big moments of the previous games. At the end of the day, what matters most is that you enjoy what you play. Given that each game is upwards of fifty to sixty hours long, don't feel like you have to trudge through several "prerequisite games" just to play the game you were interested in in the first place. Start at whichever game appeals to you the most!

Play whichever game you want.
    If you want to play Cold Steel - be it for Rean, Class VII, the Empire, or whatever - play Cold Steel.
    If you want to play Zero - be it for Crossbell, Lloyd, SSS, police investigations, or whatever, play Zero.
    If you want to play Sky - be it for Estelle, the cast, Liberl, or to start from the beginning - play Sky.

Trails in the Sky arc: First Chapter -> Second Chapter -> the 3rd
    Follows a boy and a girl as they set out to become certified bracers (adventurers). As a very typical JRPG plot structure with a band of quirky sidekicks and ancient evil shenanigans. Has a heavy emphasis on adventure.

The Crossbell arc: Zero no Kiseki -> Ao no Kiseki
    Follows a young man who has become a police officer in Crossbell city, a Hong Kong-esque state that is disputed by two rival superpowers. As he tries to crack down on crime, he also comes to become the guardian of a mysterious little girl. Has a heavy emphasis on politics.

The Cold Steel arc: Cold Steel 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4
    Follows a young man who has become lost in the world, unable to find happiness or his place in the world. He decides to throw his life away and become an army officer, and enrolls at Thors Military Academy when his life is turned upside down by the political upheaval that soon consumes the country. Has a heavy emphasis on politics.

You can buy the 'Sky arc and the first two games of the Cold Steel arc on Steam or GOG. You can buy Zero no Kiseki using Luke's guide linked below. There is no legal way to buy Ao no Kiseki on PC, so go to r/Falcom and join the Discord.

Don't like a battle royale genre as it's kinda boring. Prefer solid MMORPGs with a strong PVP content (Lineage 2 Classic, RF Online etc). That keeps up the suspense more than PUBG.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    I would like to suggest 3 best games in which Android app developers deliver exciting features:

• Oceanhorn
    • Monster Hunter Stories
    • Dragon Ball Legends

Noticed a lot of people quitting WoW these days and looking for new homes.

4 games I'd recommend where you will find a good community, devs that care, people to play with and imo fun to have are.....

1. Final Fantasy 14 Online
    2. The Elder Scrolls Online
    3. Guild Wars 2
    4. Warframe

Good evening,

I am looking for a new game.

I have played WoW nearly exclusively since 05-06. It has shaped a lot of my expectations on gaming, for better and worse.

Other games I've enjoyed:

Diablo 3
    Titanfall Series
    SW:TOR - mainly because it was starwars, the story element was awesome, game play was a bit uninspired.
    Mass Effect series
    Lucas Arts Adventure Games
    The Division
    Skyrim
    Fable Series

I used to enjoy long, meaningful stories (grinds) and good character development.

I'm looking for action, story and replay ability.

Thanks!
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    I used to enjoy long, meaningful stories (grinds) and good character development.

I'm looking for action, story and replay ability.
    I have two recommendations. One is an MMO, and another is nine game long JRPG series with an interconnected plot.

Final Fantasy XIV

It's great WoW-esque MMO with several improvements and avoids many of the pitfalls of modern WoW. I won't reiterate what other people have already said in greater depth, so I'll address the story. Unlike most MMORPGs, FFXIV has a "story campaign" that begins from the moment you start the game and goes all the way to the latest patch, with the story being continued in the latest patch. This "story campaign" is called the Main Scenario Quest, or MSQ, and it's pretty much as if you were playing a single player game. It has voiced characters, cutscenes, an unfolding mystery, the works. The vanilla MSQ can be somewhat "okay", but it absolutely gets better as you go on. If you care about story, I would strongly advise you to NOT watch any expansion cinematics or expansion trailers for FFXIV and go in blind. Furthermore, you can play as every class on a single character, and every class has it's own questline that is also continually updated by expansion, and then there are other ongoing questlines like the Hildibrand story that continue with each patch. In other words, you have a lot of high quality story. Furthermore, due to the nature of FFXIV, you won't feel a need to rush through the story to reach "endgame", as "endgame" is pretty much available to you once you hit level 15-30, as you can play the Gold Saucer (minigame area), queue for PvP (aka WoW BGs), queue for dungeons and trials, etc. Do whatever you want at your own leisure.

The Legend of Heroes series

The LoH games are the most engrossing games I've ever played.

LoH is an ongoing storyline told across nine JRPGs divided into three arcs, and renowned for their extensive world building and unparalleled character development. The games take place in shared world in the wake of an industrial revolution that has thrown the balance of power of what was once a renaissance era world into chaos. The game is divided into three arcs, with each game in an arc being a direct sequel to the last, and each arc ties into the larger overarching story, and some characters continue to develop across the entire series past their arc of introduction. Ultimately, however, each arc has a self contained story that has a definitive beginning, middle, and end. Each arc thoroughly establishes the setting and the characters, and gives you relevant information without spoiling the big moments of the previous games. At the end of the day, what matters most is that you enjoy what you play. Given that each game is upwards of sixty hours long (Cold Steel 1 took me 90 hours my first time, and Cold Steel 2 took me 80 hours), don't feel like you have to trudge through several "prerequisite games" just to play the game you were interested in in the first place. Start at whichever game appeals to you the most!

Trails in the Sky: First Chapter for $20
    This is the first game of the Falcom's LoH series, and the first part of the TitS trilogy. It follows the happy-go-lucky young woman Estelle Bright, and her brother Joshua, as they become Bracers (the adventurers/witchers of this world) while searching for their father. Follows a boy and a girl as they set out to become certified bracers (adventurers). As a very typical JRPG plot structure with a band of quirky sidekicks and ancient evil shenanigans. Has a heavy emphasis on adventure. It took me fifty hours to play through this game, and I was just focusing on the story! It goes without saying, that newcomers should start here. The game has two direct sequels, Trails in the Sky SC and Trails in the Sky the 3rd. However, if you are off put by how old this game is, please look below to Trails of Cold Steel.

How to buy Zero no Kiseki
    Zero translation patch
    This is the first installment of the Crossbell duology, which takes place one year after the Trails in the Sky trilogy. It follows a young man who has become a police officer in Crossbell city, a Hong Kong-esque state that is disputed by two rival superpowers. As he tries to crack down on crime, he also comes to become the guardian of a mysterious little girl. Has a heavy emphasis on politics. The duology is concluded in its direct sequel, Ao no Kiseki. Both games are available on PC and have English fan-translations. The first game can be legally bought from DLsite as per the above link. The second game can be legally bought, but it has Chinese malware in it, so...

Trails of Cold Steel for $40
    This is the first installment of the Empire arc (ToCS quadrilogy), which is third arc of the series, takes place a year after Trails in the Sky trilogy, and takes place concurrently with the Crossbell duology. However, do not assume that you have to have played TitS or Crossbell before you start this one; Trails of Cold Steel is a perfect jumping on point. If you are off put by the 2004 TitS games or just want to experience the unique features of ToCS, then by all means begin here! This game follows the young man Rean Schwarzer, who leaves his home to attend a military academy in the militaristic Erebonian Empire, which is on the brink of a revolution. Has a heavy emphasis on politics. These are all time favorite games. The first two games are available on Steam and PS4 with an amazing dub, with the third game coming to PS4 in the Fall and a PC port later. The fourth and final game is expected to be localized in 2020 or 2021. DO NOT LOOK UP ANYTHING ABOUT COLD STEEL 3 or 4!!! SPOILERS EVERYWHERE!!!

Play order of the Cold Steel series: CS1 -> CS2 -> CS3 (not yet localized) -> CS4 (not yet localized)

Need help finding a driving game with a few specific cars. The cars are all JDM cars, mostly FWD but a few RWD. Would also be cool if you guys have experience with irl FWD cars so you can tell me if how the game models them is accurate. I would prefer if the cars are part of the base game or in a purchaseable DLC. If you've tried it out in a mod thats cool too as long as whoever made the mod modeled the cars physics accurately. Would also be nice if the engine and suspension upgrade system was a bit in depth and not generic. Like i saw a pc driving game where you were upgrading an RX7 and the pictures and text were all about piston engines. Appearance upgrade system would also be nice, but i'm not really into the whole "stance" scene. I'm old school so for me its like 2 finger drop and i'm all set. Bonus if the parts used in the appearances are based off of real stuff and not some developers wet dream.

Here is the list of cars that i was looking for in the game

1) CRX - EF (88-91)
    2) Civic Hatch - EG & EK (92-95 & 96-01)
    3) Integra - DC2 (94-01)
    4) Prelude - BB4 & BB6 (91-96 & 97-01)
    5) RX7 - FC (85-91)
    6) RX7 - FD (92-02)
    7) RX8 ??

-thanks

10+ Year Old Account

video games with vampires

what video games have playable vampires? it can be any genre. moba, card game, rpg, h&s and others
    example is magic: the gathering arena which is a tcg. vampire deck really fits their fantasy with the lifesteal
    next example is wow and the san'layn which are basically blood elf vampires. unfortunately they are not playable, i cant wait till they become an allied race or even better it becomes a full fleshed playable class

what other games let u play as a vampire or control them?

- - - Updated - - -
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    what video games have playable vampires? it can be any genre. moba, card game, rpg, h&s and others
    example is magic: the gathering arena which is a tcg. vampire deck really fits their fantasy with the lifesteal
    next example is wow and the san'layn which are basically blood elf vampires. unfortunately they are not playable, i cant wait till they become an allied race or even better it becomes a full fleshed playable class

what other games let u play as a vampire or control them?

- - - Updated - - -
    Blood Omen, Soul Reaver, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Vampyr, A Vampyre Story.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Elder Scrolls too right? i know Skyrim lets you play as a Vampire or Werewolf if you get bitten/attacked by one. I dont know about Oblivion or any of the other TES games though.

Quote Originally Posted by notanmmmonewbie View Post
    Elder Scrolls too right? i know Skyrim lets you play as a Vampire or Werewolf if you get bitten/attacked by one. I dont know about Oblivion or any of the other TES games though.
    I know that Morrowind and Oblivion certainly allow you to play vampire, Daggerfall too AFAIR, don't know about Arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

5+ Year Old Account
    I like game run 3