League of Legends is one of the best games if played in the last decade. It is soo fun to play but sometimes luck is not with you. But it is a game and winning and losing are part of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    any1 here owns Starsector?
    if i buy the game can i use that one copy to play on both stationary PC and laptop? if yes, how does that work without platforms like steam, GOG etc? also does it automatically update when new patches release? basically every convienence that comes with todays gaming platform

if theres a megathread for it u can link, thanks in advance
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    A sizeable community is keeping Warhammer Online alive.
    Oh wow... my first "wowkiller" love.

I'm going back honey, I missed you dearly.

Thank you passionate playerbase for keeping you alive, you'll always be precious to me. How I haven't heard of this sooner is beyond me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any decent RTS available right now? Pref with multiplayer
    Something that really puts STRATEGY over APM like SC2
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

I've gone ahead and Pre-ordered that new Tales of (whatever) coming out in 10 days, ULTIMATE edition, for the PS5...

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Is there any decent RTS available right now? Pref with multiplayer
    If you're talking about traditional RTS games from within the last 5 years, the only real ones are Planetary Annihilation and Iron Harvest. However, the devs behind both games are rather scummy.

If you're willing to accept a more outside the box strategy game (and one that is over a decade old), then I would recommend Mount & Blade: Warband. It is a sandbox RPG/strategy game hybrid where you roam around a medieval setting, doing quests, building up an army, fighting other armies on the battlefield, negotiate with other lords, build your own kingdom, war with other kingdoms, etc. It is one of the most fun games I've ever played; I've derived hundreds of hours of fun from it. There are also a lot of overhaul mods for it. Want to play in medieval Japan, with samurai and stuff? You can do that. Want a Lord of the Rings playthrough? You can do that. Star Wars? Yup.

Something that really puts STRATEGY over APM like SC2
    Mount & Blade and Iron Harvest.

In Mount & Blade, you can spend quite a few minutes maneuvering your soldiers into position before the clash.

In Iron Harvest, the bulk of your strategy will be dependent on mechs, which lumber along slowly. You can order your mechs to head towards the battlefield, and you'll have a few minutes to think about the fine details of your plan and how everyone is going to be positioned and utilized before the mechs actually arrive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a fun Space 4X that recaptures the magic of Master of Orion 2? I've tried a few of the current generation of games. But I'm wondering if there's some undiscovered gem out there.

Last Space 4X I've played:
    Endless Space 2, this has come the closest to feeling like MOO2. Hits most of the 4x buttons, plus tons of atmosphere and character. Ship design feels underwhelming. The Hacking (espionage) system is more annoying than helpful. Really breaks immersion.

Stellaris, the whole grand strategy experience polarizes me. I love the huge scale of it. But planet and empire management feels too tedious. I also dislike anti-snowball mechanics of war declarations, or throttling of tech-rushing. I'm not interested in the 100 years part of the 100 years war.

Galactic Civilizations III, just a let down from GalCivII. Stardock gated too many basic features behind expansion packs, that I gave up. Still love the ship designer.

Guess I'm looking for a game that:
    Covers the 4X basics
    Flexible for faster games (singleplayer)
    Factions and ship customization is a bonus

Are there any pvp games that have the WoW Battlegrounds ?
    Last edited by Dregon; 2021-11-19 at 04:54 AM.

I dont know but I enjoy playing Battlefield - it has vehicles and capture points, much more fun than wow BGs.

Guild Wars 2 will always be your best option...available on the market at least.
    The rest is pay to win...

I dont know about elders scrolls though. Maybe is good too...but you probably need to farm the gear...i have no idea

I'd imagine Smite might be up your ally

Quote Originally Posted by Dregon View Post
    Are there any pvp games that have the WoW Battleground ?
    No, there isn't really a game that offers the same experience as playing WoW BGs, let alone RBGs.

FFXIV has battlegrounds, but there is no objective variety in them and there aren't really any tactics. It's just a zerg rush. There is no rated/ranked/ladder version of it either.

As I mentioned in the other thread, there are PvP games that require tactics (ie Mount & Blade), but in those games you are quite weak and just one soldier among many. You don't feel personally very powerful like in WoW BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Mount & Blade is the only game that sorta has the tactics on a mass scale you are looking for.

In Mount & Blade, if you're out on the open field as infantry, you need to bunch up or else the cavalry are going to mow over you. Archers exist to fire into densely packed formations of cavalry. If the enemy infantry are slacking off, your cavalry can maneuver around the back and take out the enemy archers and then retreat.

If you play on Napoleonic Wars servers for M&B, then it simulates pretty accurate Napoleonic combat, with grenadiers and artillery and sudden melee charges, and then cavalry that has to be used in.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    Guild Wars 2 will always be your best option.
    GW2's WvW is just a zerg rush following your commander around. No tactics here.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    GW2's WvW is just a zerg rush following your commander around. No tactics here.
    Im not refering to WvW though.
    Im speaking the normalized gear battlegrounds...which you can do with a level 1 character.

Hello

Its not the first time I have asked this question and I know it gets asked alot but to make it specific about me,

I was very hyped for New World since the early beta and I bought it and..... Im not a huge fan! Though it does make me miss some older MMO's and its beginning to make me wonder..

Type of MMO I like are quite frankly like WoW. Plenty of stuff you can crack on with by yourself (I would say this covers most MMO's) but with strong group features such as Dungeons, although dungeons in WoW felt no different than co-op'ing with bots over recent years, I still enjoyed them. Dungeons are more important to me than Battlegrounds and PVE in general is more important to me than PvP.

So then we have Guild Wars 2, which I liked to an extent but it always felt more tailored towards PvPers which didnt really suit me.

I was also enjoying FFXIV to an extent but I think the interface/map always put me off that game, petty but it was a gamebreaker to me considering how often you use it.

I used to love RIFT back in the day before it went Free 2 Play.

I think they are my most favourite MMO's that I have played, so what do you reckon is the best as of current time, without me having to spend much money to get back into..

Do I reinstall GW2 and crack on with that character, I think it was around level 50... though I think I need an expac to continue progress?
    Do I reinstall FFXIV and crack on with my character there, I think also around level 50... though Im sure I need to buy an expac to continue, plus a subscription
    Do I suck it up, resub WoW and carry on my journey there.... last sub was May 2021
    Or do I carry on with New World, I am only level 21, just havent been feeling it nor has it been enticing me to login every morning

or is there anything new out there that I dont know about, that I should definitely be checking out?!

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Hello

Its not the first time I have asked this question and I know it gets asked alot but to make it specific about me,

I was very hyped for New World since the early beta and I bought it and..... Im not a huge fan! Though it does make me miss some older MMO's and its beginning to make me wonder..

Type of MMO I like are quite frankly like WoW. Plenty of stuff you can crack on with by yourself (I would say this covers most MMO's) but with strong group features such as Dungeons, although dungeons in WoW felt no different than co-op'ing with bots over recent years, I still enjoyed them. Dungeons are more important to me than Battlegrounds and PVE in general is more important to me than PvP.

So then we have Guild Wars 2, which I liked to an extent but it always felt more tailored towards PvPers which didnt really suit me.

I was also enjoying FFXIV to an extent but I think the interface/map always put me off that game, petty but it was a gamebreaker to me considering how often you use it.

I used to love RIFT back in the day before it went Free 2 Play.

I think they are my most favourite MMO's that I have played, so what do you reckon is the best as of current time, without me having to spend much money to get back into..

Do I reinstall GW2 and crack on with that character, I think it was around level 50... though I think I need an expac to continue progress?
    Do I reinstall FFXIV and crack on with my character there, I think also around level 50... though Im sure I need to buy an expac to continue, plus a subscription
    Do I suck it up, resub WoW and carry on my journey there.... last sub was May 2021
    Or do I carry on with New World, I am only level 21, just havent been feeling it nor has it been enticing me to login every morning

or is there anything new out there that I dont know about, that I should definitely be checking out?!
    Personally Gw2 is my favorite mmo of the bunch, it definitely doesn't cater to pvpers most anymore. The updates are very PvE centric, usually featuring a new Open world zone and new story content.
    Gw2 has dungeons, fractals, and Dragon response missions for 5 player content and Strikes and Raids for 10 player content, but the main pve content of gw2 is achievement farming, running large group events, world bosses, and gold farming. Oh and of course fashion.

First, I recommend starting over, 1-80 is not a very long process at all and will be less daunting to you compared to just returning to an old character.
    1-80 is all free to play and then the expansions come into play, Path of Fire and Heart of Thorns are bundled for $30, though for Black Friday both will be bundled for 15 dollars. Extremely good value.

There is the living world, which is basically the content updates, about 2 dollars for each update, you don't need to worry about this for the most part, the big features are in the expansions, this is just good for more story and content. If you log in during the life cycle of a new update, you unlock it for free though.

There is also a new expansion coming in February called End of Dragons, which will bring a new continent, a new mount type, fishing, player boats, new Strike raid missions, a new storyline, and more.

if you want it go for it.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Personally Gw2 is my favorite mmo of the bunch, it definitely doesn't cater to pvpers most anymore. The updates are very PvE centric, usually featuring a new Open world zone and new story content.
    Gw2 has dungeons, fractals, and Dragon response missions for 5 player content and Strikes and Raids for 10 player content, but the main pve content of gw2 is achievement farming, running large group events, world bosses, and gold farming. Oh and of course fashion.

First, I recommend starting over, 1-80 is not a very long process at all and will be less daunting to you compared to just returning to an old character.
    1-80 is all free to play and then the expansions come into play, Path of Fire and Heart of Thorns are bundled for $30, though for Black Friday both will be bundled for 15 dollars. Extremely good value.

There is the living world, which is basically the content updates, about 2 dollars for each update, you don't need to worry about this for the most part, the big features are in the expansions, this is just good for more story and content. If you log in during the life cycle of a new update, you unlock it for free though.

There is also a new expansion coming in February called End of Dragons, which will bring a new continent, a new mount type, fishing, player boats, new Strike raid missions, a new storyline, and more.

if you want it go for it.
    Thanks mate that has definitely helped change my mindset on gw2, I will get it installed and give it another whirl. You're probably right on the new character as I can barely remember the game

I'm getting a new computer for myself soon. What are some good, graphically demanding games? I have Hunt Showdown and may get Cyberpunk despite bad reviews. Any suggestions?

Question What game was this ?

Hey, i am trying to remember a game that i used to play years ago but can't remember the name at all. Maybe someone here remembers and can give me some information.

What i remember of it :

- it was F2P
    - i think it was released around 2009 / 2010 ish or so give or take
    - 3rd person
    - you had multiple characters to chose from,i think one of them or several had a guitar as a weapon
    - you had some sort of zombie horde mode that you had to survive

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    Hey, i am trying to remember a game that i used to play years ago but can't remember the name at all. Maybe someone here remembers and can give me some information.

What i remember of it :

- it was F2P
    - i think it was released around 2009 / 2010 ish or so give or take
    - 3rd person
    - you had multiple characters to chose from,i think one of them or several had a guitar as a weapon
    - you had some sort of zombie horde mode that you had to survive
    Ok now ...it wasn't F2P but its usually pretty cheap and the zombie horde mode might be a LITTLE BIT of a stretch from a quest but this sounds a LOT like Brutal Legend

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...Brutal_Legend/