Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League

Suicide Squad is finally here and despite the massive hate boner the internet has for it I can confidently say after 5 hours that it's... fine.

It's too early for any final verdict but I am enjoying it so far. It has all the things I liked about the Arkham games such as codex entries that help to flesh out the world and characters, the narrative is interesting and I like the characters, though I wish they'd gone with fat Waller. Too soon to comment on the live service stuff but it's fairly unobtrusive early on.

When playing single player your squad mates are controlled by AI which do not require babysitting and are generally helpful but they can't do any context-sensitive stuff where you have to run up to something and hit X.

Missions are pretty basic so far, mostly killing enemies, defending objectives, or rescuing people. But the missions themselves are pretty quick and don't overstay their welcome. The early story missions were great but no clue if we'll see more missions like those but I hope we do.

Combat is pretty solid though nothing amazing. Each character has their own traversal techniques which do have a bit of a learning curve. You can switch characters whenever you want and some characters will even get exp boosts on some missions so the game does encourage you to switch between them though nothing is stopping you from just sticking with one.

You can pause in single-player player which I am very grateful for.

The performance is decent, I'm playing on a 4090 with everything set to high and ray tracing off. I'm able to maintain a solid 60fps but can't get anywhere near 120fps. The lack of DLSS or FSR definitely hurt. Would be interested to see how people are doing on lower-end hardware.

Overall I am pretty happy with the game, we'll see if my opinion changes as I progress but I don't have any serious complaints so far.

I've been following this game but its in my maybe I'll get it pile as I already have alot of new games to go through but I am a sucker for Supes n Vills stuffs I will definitely pick it up in the near future.

I briefly watched a few different people playing it and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves despite chat being pretty toxic about it.

Just seems like a really arcadey superhero game that leans into vertical shooting and mobility.

Nothing I saw looked overly bad and a lot seemed to be done pretty well.

The internet hate for it is kinda wild.

I must be tripping, I thought this game was released months ago.

Shame there is no DLSS so probably not worth for me to get it now. Hope the combat is as good as the Batman series even though it will certainly be different.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I must be tripping, I thought this game was released months ago.

Shame there is no DLSS so probably not worth for me to get it now. Hope the combat is as good as the Batman series even though it will certainly be different.
    You're probably thinking of Gotham Knights.

And ya, combat is WAY different than Batman. Like completely different, but I saw a streamer say he actually liked the combat quite a bit, though he was sponsored, so take it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    You're probably thinking of Gotham Knights.

And ya, combat is WAY different than Batman. Like completely different, but I saw a streamer say he actually liked the combat quite a bit, though he was sponsored, so take it with a grain of salt.
    It certainly was suicide squad, but could be my memory have jumbled them together a bit. Trippy either way.
    Shame it had Denuvo or I could at least try and see how the game runs on my computer before buying it.

Need coffee... it's on steam, i can just utilize the 2h return policy.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2024-01-31 at 09:40 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I havent played the game nor do I have any interest to so what I m about to say is naturally a bit biased. I have watched some vids and story spoilers however.

The gameplay looks rather solid and fun at least at a first glance. HOWEVER:

This game is part of the arkhamverse. And for being part of the arkhamverse I dont think it respects its legacy enough.
    Without spoiling anything, the deaths of almost all the major bosses felt very VERY underwhelming (like literally one step away from dropping dead ragdoll style) and they did not encompass the magnitude of each fight in what is essentially a superhero game.
    The ending also felt kinda goody which I get cuase it might be part of the Arkhamverse but it is a game focused on the suicide squad.

I really do feel that the game suffers a lot from being part of the Arkham verse and not a story/alternate universe of its own where these events take place. That plus making the deaths be a little more cinematic and epic would go a long way into making this game a lot better in my opinion.
    Right now what I saw feels kinda.... meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does it compare to the Averagers game that came out a few years ago?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    It honestly looks alot better, looks more fun for a start and I enjoyed the Avengers game to a degree as I spent 200 hours on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    It's definitely more polished in terms of both gameplay and narrative. Metropolis is also more fun to explore than the Avengers various maps. Though I'll admit I prefer shooters over melee brawlers.

Too soon to say if the live service elements will have any legs or not.

I'm almost done with it on ps5. Its miles better than avengers was but the GAAS Shit is annoying.

Overall much better than I thought it would be.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

probably pick it up on like a heavy sale or gamepass but looks decent.

Saw a batman sequence where he Arkham Predator Modes you and that's pretty neat.
    3 Major Rules of World of Warcraft Players:
    1. No one on earth wants to play World of Warcraft less than other World of Warcraft players.
    2. The desire to win>The desire for anything else in World of Warcraft. NO EXCEPTIONS
    3. Efficiency will be king no matter how you think it will improve the game.

I love DC Comics but damn, Suicide Squad? Can we get a DC game about the Crime Syndicate, or one of the many other great DC stories not involving the Suicide Squad and the same characters over and over? I know Harley Quinn is mainstream popular, and I'm probably alone in this, but why the hell would I want to play as her? Or even Captain Boomerang. King Shark? What the hell? Let me play as Owlman, or Superboy Prime in a Crisis on Infinite Earths game or adapt from of Grant Morrison's JLA stories for fuck's sake, but here we are with another Suicide Squad story. Talk about repetitive. The story alone doesn't have me interested, Brainiac is another character done to death in games (ironically since he's yet to make a live-action appearance in any movie), it just feels safe, and safe gets repetitive. Then there are only like four Justice League characters to kill in the story. lol Hard pass at full retail price. When it's on sale for like $15 an year or two from now, I'll try it.

Can we get a Doomsday Clock game? Tower of Babel with Ra's Al Ghul?

Apparently I was wrong there is a DLSS/FSR option it's just mixed in with the AA options for some reason. At any rate the way its implemented doesn't seem to help that much but your mileage may vary.

This game is the definition of "mid" and "phoning it in"

How will developers ever learn to provide only the content we want, when we will buy any old "okay" junk they put out the door.

Realize that when you buy something you are voting for more of that thing. I want less games like this because this game ruined one of the best developers and really one of the best franchises. I want less of it, so I will not be buying it or ever playing it, even for free.

However, I am not angry at the gamer who decided to purchase it. Just disappointed.

The only thing the game had going for it, for me, was the story, and I hear they ended up flubbing that anyway, so I doubt I will even youtube the cutscenes.

Can't believe people buying this when no less than 4 legit great games came out this year already. Tekken 8, Personal 3 Reload, Infinite Wealth, and The Lost Crown. I suggest reviewing metacritic, your morals, where you want gaming to go, and the mtx before purchase. You may just like gaas and that is okay too. Maybe you just like discord/lobby games, this too is fine.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2024-02-02 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Can't believe people buying this when no less than 4 legit great games came out this year already. Tekken 8, Personal 3 Reload, Infinite Wealth, and The Lost Crown. I suggest reviewing metacritic, your morals, where you want gaming to go, and the mtx before purchase. You may just like gaas and that is okay too. Maybe you just like discord/lobby games, this too is fine.
    Its almost like its a fucken video game and not some grand moral thing. Guess what those games will still get made even when things like Suicide Squad gets made. its almost like there is a ton of developers and company's not just one.

I bought it enjoyed the story and graphics, the GAAS shit can burn in a fire. Sold it and grabbed Dead Space remake but currently playing Granblue Fantasy Relink. Its almost like people can play more than one game.

Also I plan to get Enshrouded sometime in the very near future.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Seen a lot of people say the gameplay feels legit really good

I'll def check it out on game pass or something, but it for sure doesn't look worth $70 for a 10 hour campaign and vapid, repetitive endgame

Seems like a check it out 6 months from now game

I don't really mind live service games. The big issue is the use of FOMO to get people to play so I appreciate that there is no time limit on anything. If you skip season 1 and come back for season 2 all the season 1 stuff will still be available.

bad game, the characters aren't hot