Hello, I've recently quit WoW for the hundredth, and I feel final, time. I don't have the time to raid anymore with unpredictable work hours and I've only PvPed with a couple of friends and don't really want to PvP with a stranger. Not to mention the community has been declining. I'm pretty into the typical medieval fantasy games. I'm looking for an MMORPG that's fun, but doesn't force me into scheduled events for full enjoyment of the game. A good community is pretty important to me as well, as socializing is a pretty big part of games for me. I've been playing D3 recently, but the challenge is gone and the community is hardly existent. I tried GW2, but got bored, I may try it again. Any suggestions would be great. F2P or P2P doesn't matter to me, as long as there isn't pay to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone suggest me a P2P/F2P MMoRPG that will keep me busy? I've tried most on the market such as WoW,Allods,Rift,SWTOR,GW2,Diablo and about everything. I'm bored as hell and I need a game to play. I really have this hate for those asian MMos such as Aion and Tera. I really do like something such as Allods and Rift.
    Any help would be appreciated!

Just got redirected here from a post I started so I'll just paste what I wrote. I'm looking for a new MMO. I just finished this anime called Sword Art Online and i'm not going to be unrealistic and ask for an MMO like a virtual MMO in a fictional anime, but it did respark my love for MMO's. Like many I played WoW and like many now I don't. I also played and reached end game level in Swtor and Gw2 but it just didn't hold my interest once I reached the level cap in both games. I'm pretty open to any suggestions, whether it's released or due for a 2013 release just to keep my eye on. Like I said open to all suggestions but something with an interesting combat system would be nice, I'm not sure if there's a term for what I mean but something not so easy and boring of like just auto-attacks, maybe not so gear based like WoW, and as far as pvp only thing I can compare to what I like is Dark Souls, like small battles to the death between 1-4 players. These are pretty specific but I guess they're more preferences than standards. But anyway all suggestions are appreciated and welcomed. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadivex View Post
    This game has probably already been suggested, but i REALLY recommend Path of Exile. It is a Online-Action-RPG. Currently in Open Beta. Everyone who is a fan of Online-Action-RPG's like Diablo 2 is gonna love this. This is the game i've been waiting for since Diablo 2 went "dead".

The item and skill system is amazing. The passive skill tree is so awesome. People who like to theorycraft will have alot of fun.
    Another thing i really like, is that it has no Auction House, or even the usual currency; gold. Love it. Works really well. Gives the game a charm I haven't seen since diablo 2.

Also has a Hardcore-Ladder, a Softcore-Ladder, and even some sort of Leveling Races (dunno if the races are available ATM, but later i'm sure they will be.) So it's very competative aswell, as games like this should be. Lots of stuff to do endgame also.

ofc it's not perfect, YET. But i've heard they are really going for to make the perfect action-rpg game, and i believe they will achiev that in the future.

This is my impression of the game so far. If you haven't tryed it, you should really give it a few hours. May feel abit strange to play in the beginning, but as your character grow it will feel alot better. It's 100% free aswell, but you can buy additional stuff like extra bank tabs, extra character slots, and cosmetic effects etc. But that's optional. It's how they support the game.

Lots of people playing it already. Check out twitch.tv streams on PoE if you haven't already. Some familiar names streaming this game is I.E Kungen and Kripparrian
    Well again, this isn't just for me though, this is also aimed at getting 2 noob parents into playing again. So while I probably would deal with all the customization and such fine in PoE, it wouldn't make sense at all to the other 2.

So again, looking for something like Gauntlet Legends, basic hack/slash action RPG with like bare bones customization. The simpler the better in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Omenati View Post
    Just got redirected here from a post I started so I'll just paste what I wrote. I'm looking for a new MMO. I just finished this anime called Sword Art Online and i'm not going to be unrealistic and ask for an MMO like a virtual MMO in a fictional anime, but it did respark my love for MMO's. Like many I played WoW and like many now I don't. I also played and reached end game level in Swtor and Gw2 but it just didn't hold my interest once I reached the level cap in both games. I'm pretty open to any suggestions, whether it's released or due for a 2013 release just to keep my eye on. Like I said open to all suggestions but something with an interesting combat system would be nice, I'm not sure if there's a term for what I mean but something not so easy and boring of like just auto-attacks, maybe not so gear based like WoW, and as far as pvp only thing I can compare to what I like is Dark Souls, like small battles to the death between 1-4 players. These are pretty specific but I guess they're more preferences than standards. But anyway all suggestions are appreciated and welcomed. Thanks.
    I've been reading the SAO light novel and just finished the anime a day ago. I already like MMORPGs more than any other game genre, but it really does make you want to go out and play games. I'm most likely going to be killed for suggesting this, RuneScape got this combat overhaul some time back, and received an actionbar for its combat, and it's PvP should be pretty close to what you want.However, the game is bot infested, it's a horrid grind and so many players are jerks.
    Last edited by Elytius; 2013-02-02 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elytius View Post
    I've been reading the SAO light novel and just finished the anime a day ago. I already like MMORPGs more than any other game genre, but it really does make you want to go out and play games. I'm most likely going to be killed for suggesting this, RuneScape got this combat overhaul some time back, and received an actionbar for its combat, and it's PvP should be pretty close to what you want.However, the game is bot infested, it's a horrid grind and so many players are jerks.
    Haha thanks for the suggestion, I've played Runescape before but I do appreciate the suggestion. I suppose I'll just keep doing some research until I find something. I really do appreciate it though.

Any games where you can participate in huge real time battles like in the game Viking: Battle for Asgard (Yes I already have Mount & Blade and Warband)

Something akin to this
    (bad quality I know but w/e)

It's kinda crazy that an older game like that could support so much troops, and that is I believe the smallest/first battle of the game. The Second being like 10x this size XD

I need recommendation for Low Specs PC like 2.5D :)

Newly registered forum member here: I'm wonderin if anyone can suggest some arcade-like games on PC that I can play with some of my buddies. I don't have that high spec gamin PC so maybe 2.5D or lower?
    Thanks in advance!

Magikca would be the one I'd recommend straight away. I think it has a low enough spec requirements as well if I am not mistaken. Its also cheap and always on sale on steam. Its very good fun for co-op but I would not suggest it as a single player game. I'd like to suggestion dungeon land but for some reason a it has specs akin to a triple A title so unless you can run it don't go for it. But if you can, get it it is a blast. Another good co-op game to try would be Dungeon Defenders, again like the two above not worth playing if it is no co-op. Also it has the lowest spec requirements of the 3, but is fair expensive for how long it has been out. O well all cost about 10 euros all are good for over 40 hours of fun in co-op

Looking for new game

Hey guys,

As the title says, I'm looking for a new game to invest some time in. I'm looking for a nice shooter, adventure or strategy game. Any ideas? I've been pondering, is Skyrim any good? It doesn' have to be brand new. Oh, nothing futuristic please, like Halo, just not my style.
    Thanks for any input, it's really appreciated! Help this bored gamer out

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post

Also, alextrazsa has the spells Detect Pregnancy and Track Babies.

Deleted
    It'd be easier if you told us what games you've played last year. I can recommend Skyrim, Portal 1 & 2, Dishonored and Mass Effect series if you haven't seen them yet.

Play World of Warcraft, I heard it's quite fun.

How old, what systems? What are some games you really loved; that can sometimes make it easier for people to give suggestions.

Beyond Good & Evil
    King's Field 2

both are older, and I spent tons of time on them ... KF2 is a bit dated and might be hard to find and get into with the current day standard of graphics and pace.

My wife and I liked Oblivion better, but Skyrim is decent. I need to actually play it a bit more, the couple times I messed with it, it just couldn't hold me in, my wife got pretty far into it, but after a month or so, stopped altogether. Comes down to what you like.

If you do have either of the consoles, or even PC, check out bargain bins and used games for deals. In the past, when I played consoles exclusively, I used to do that all the time and found a lot of amazing stuff on older systems; I'm sure that is still the case, unless those stores just don't operate the same any longer.

Deleted
    Skyrim is a brilliant game even if its not new, should be a very pleasant experience to someone that enjoys RPG games now that the sea of bugs it had at launch been mostly fixed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Get metro 2033 and if you like that and want something more open world, get stalker.

Merged with sticky.

Is there any 2v2 competitive game?
    It's normal to see 1v1, 3v3 and 5v5 focused PvP's, but I didn't find any with a duo focus.

Sure you can play games like WoW Arena or Bloodline champions, but (as long as I know) they are all balanced to 3v3.

@Salyon , in terms of played at a competitive level, none comes to mind. There is a lot with 2v2 options but none balanced around it. I'd suggest an RTS such as say Sc2, because while it may not be balanced around 2v2, odds are you will never reach the level of game play where balance actually matters. (ie diamondish).

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 08:11 PM ----------

Bynaric. Try raiderz or Tera, both can be downloaded for free

Quote Originally Posted by Salyon View Post
    Is there any 2v2 competitive game?
    It's normal to see 1v1, 3v3 and 5v5 focused PvP's, but I didn't find any with a duo focus.

Sure you can play games like WoW Arena or Bloodline champions, but (as long as I know) they are all balanced to 3v3.
    Also Company of Heroes and Dawn of War 2. Both have a active playerbase with loads off games everyday.
    Do you hear the voices too?