Page 5 of 212 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I could use a game to have on my laptop for offline gaming. That game trine 2 looks so cute, and might be a silly question but can you play it offline?=)
    Umm I know you can play it through steam not sure if it'll let you play it with out being connected.

Might as well add to this. Looking for a game that is similar to dragon age in terms of party management and combat, and also with a good story. Never played any of the older RPG's such as Baldas Gate or other game of around that time, so I would like to know which one of them is a good starting point. I don't mind a bad looking game in terms of graphics, but clunky feeling game play will really get to me.

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Might as well add to this. Looking for a game that is similar to dragon age in terms of party management and combat, and also with a good story. Never played any of the older RPG's such as Baldas Gate or other game of around that time, so I would like to know which one of them is a good starting point. I don't mind a bad looking game in terms of graphics, but clunky feeling game play will really get to me.
    Not quite the same as Dragon Age but I'd suggest an older D&D style RPG like The Bards Tale series (not the one that was released in 2000 or whatever) or Wizardry, or Might and Magic. They're first person semi-2d dungeon crawls but they can be a whole lot of fun.

GoG.com is having a sale on Might and Magic for super cheap so it would be a huge investment to see if you like it and if you do then you'll have hours of gameplay.

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/might_an...imited_edition

3 and 4/5 are my favorites.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I could use a game to have on my laptop for offline gaming. That game trine 2 looks so cute, and might be a silly question but can you play it offline?=)
    Yes you can play offline, but it is through Steam offline. It's incredibly fun, but you won't get the most out of it unless you have a minimum of 2 people playing....not even sure how 1 player would work honestly. It does have LAN capabilities for offline multiplayer.

Torchlight 2 is also available to play offline and is well worth it.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-Torchlight-2
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-12-14 at 09:00 PM.

ty for the advice and @Grogo, I would not suggest Kingdoms of Amular. Don't get me wrong it feels like a good well polished game, but I just felt the combat it's self was not on par with other games. Cant talk about it's story to much, it seemed decent, but I only played about 3 hours of it. You can really tell it started live as an mmo imo and that is not a good thing, but again a lot of others disagree and the general conciseness is that it is a good game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Yes you can play offline, but it is through Steam offline. It's incredibly fun, but you won't get the most out of it unless you have a minimum of 2 people playing....not even sure how 1 player would work honestly. It does have LAN capabilities for offline multiplayer.

Torchlight 2 is also available to play offline and is well worth it.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d-Torchlight-2
    I play it alone and it's easy. The first and most of the 2nd. Haven't played with my friend yet but he has it so we will eventually.

I recommend Borderlands 2 if you like FPS and RPG games. It's amazing and what I've been playing a LOT recently. It has a great story and voice acting and It's hilarious. 3 talent trees per character, 4 characters, 5 if you get the Mechromancer class DLC. Instead of swords, shields, magic staves, etc. from most RPG games, this game is all guns (there's also grenades, energy shields, class mods and relics that modify certain things). You can also customize your character's appearance with different heads and skins you find as you play. Rarity of loot goes white, green, blue, purple, orange (legendary) just like WoW and other games.

You play the game, then start the "2nd playthrough" which is a harder mode with better loot and you level the whole way. Cap is 50 and you'll hit it towards the end of the 2nd playthrough. Once you're 50, all enemies and quests/rewards scale to 50 and you can farm out the max level versions of the most powerful stuff in the game. The loot is crazy, it's always different because there's literally millions of variations of guns and equipment in the game. You can also play offline.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I'd like to know which is the current best MMO with a PvP focus.

Im tired of Wow IMBA Classes like the everlasting mages just because the lead designer plays one.

I want real pvp in a MMO, preference in free to play or with trial.

Also, it has to have a active community ( so dying games don't really count)

oh and i beg you please don't say GW2

please give me suggestions, thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vicbattou View Post
    I'd like to know which is the current best MMO with a PvP focus.

Im tired of Wow IMBA Classes like the everlasting mages just because the lead designer plays one.

I want real pvp in a MMO, preference in free to play or with trial.

Also, it has to have a active community ( so dying games don't really count)

oh and i beg you please don't say GW2

please give me suggestions, thank you
    WoW has one of the most balanced and competitive pvp scenes, so if you aren't satisfied with that, then you're pretty much SoL. Although while it isn't an MMO, I've heard Forge is pretty good and some of the top WoW PvPers worked on the game to balance it.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Should make it a sticky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Some reorganizing is in the works
    Woahhhhh woah woah. How about dinner and drinks first.

So, I bought Assassins Creed 3 and I'm looking for another AC to play on Play Station so if someone wants to recommend me one...

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I am looking for a good RPG. One that plays well on win7 without tweaking.

I am considering Mass Effect 3 but i never did finish 1 or 2. I have Skyrim and D3. I heard Kingdoms of Amular was good? Yes?
    The Witcher 1&2 is really good.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Hi,

I am looking for a game I can play on my Laptop while on the train on the way home.
    * Since it is on the train and I dont always get a good spot, I have limited or slow mouse control.
    * My Laptop has a GC not suitable for gaming( NV QUADRO), so the game should not be that demanding.
    * I am into RPG and Strategy Games
    * I played most of the old stuff RPG(Planscape, BG, Neverwinter, .....) and Strategy (AOE, The Settlers, Civ...), so pls think a little out of the box.
    * ATM I finished FF8 on my PS1 emulator.

I know its a tough one, any suggestions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Hi,

I am looking for a game I can play on my Laptop while on the train on the way home.
    * Since it is on the train and I dont always get a good spot, I have limited or slow mouse control.
    * My Laptop has a GC not suitable for gaming( NV QUADRO), so the game should not be that demanding.
    * I am into RPG and Strategy Games
    * I played most of the old stuff RPG(Planscape, BG, Neverwinter, .....) and Strategy (AOE, The Settlers, Civ...), so pls think a little out of the box.
    * ATM I finished FF8 on my PS1 emulator.

I know its a tough one, any suggestions?
    Quite an old game I remember playing was Populous the beginning. Didn't require a massive amounts of micro. It's a small-scale RTS. You can buy it from www.gog.com for about 3$ - Check out some gameplay first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Woahhhhh woah woah. How about dinner and drinks first.

So, I bought Assassins Creed 3 and I'm looking for another AC to play on Play Station so if someone wants to recommend me one...
    Well if you've only played AC 3 then I'd go back and play 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations. AC 1 is really boring compared to the newer ones, and I haven't beaten and still pick up on most of the references to it. IMO AC 2 is the best of the series, so I'd start there.

Hey guys,
    I recently lost my system and changed to a notebook with a gt520m card, so i am a little limited. I'm working hard these days and very stressed out, so I just need a good story to lose myself in during my free time, a good RPG, FPS or action game would do. I especially like Bioware style games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect etc. I know there are quite a lot "old" games out there, but for some reason, I can't bring myself to play with that graphics, so Torment and Baldur's Gate are out of the equation.

Here are the sp games I played the past few years,
    Witcher 1&2
    Batman Arkham Asylum&City
    Dragon Age series,
    Mass Effect series,
    Space Marine,
    Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines,
    Diablo series,
    Gears of War,
    Dark Souls,
    CoD series,
    Metro 2033,
    Mirror's Edge,
    Republic Commando,
    KOTOR 1&2
    GTA series,
    Darksiders
    Assassin's Creed series,
    Mount&Blade series,
    King's Bounty and Heroes series,
    Dark Messiah of M&M
    Portal 1&2
    Neverwinter Nights 2& Expansions
    Painkiller series
    Quake 4
    Morrowind&Oblivion&Skyrim
    Fable series
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance
    Jedi Academy&Outcast
    Dead Space 1&2
    Return of the Ring
    Duke Nukem Forever
    Hellgate: London
    Crysis series,
    Far Cry 1&2
    Titan Quest&Expansion
    Half Life 2&Expansions
    Fallout: New Vegas

I think that's all. Can you suggest me anything please?
    In the meantime, feel free to ask anything about the games on the list if you have the intention to play one.
    Last edited by madokbro; 2012-12-15 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    WoW has one of the most balanced and competitive pvp scenes, so if you aren't satisfied with that, then you're pretty much SoL. Although while it isn't an MMO, I've heard Forge is pretty good and some of the top WoW PvPers worked on the game to balance it.
    I don't want to be a douchebag, but i think wow pvp has gone far from balanced. I played it quite a lot during mists of pandaria and i can tell even cataclysm ( judged to be the worst xpac ever) was better at least pvp wise. If wow was made of druids mages paladins warriors and warlocks, then yes, balanced. Unfortunately, they forgot all other 6 classes ( maybe they didn't totally forgot some, but monk rogue and dps shaman are ridiculously BAD)

I may try out Forge, but don't another game come to your mind? ):

The reason is said " NO GW2" because you need to simply look at the forums to see 1238213021 topics crying about pvp balance, and reviews telling disappointment in a pvp view, for a pvp dedicated game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking for a good fluid combat Hack'n Slash MMO to play on my PC. I live in Australia so servers must be close enough to not exceed 350-400ping.
    English language, Decent sized community (Worst thing playing an MMO and not seeing a single person)
    Pay to win = No. Free 2 play or P2P I don't mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vicbattou View Post
    I don't want to be a douchebag, but i think wow pvp has gone far from balanced. I played it quite a lot during mists of pandaria and i can tell even cataclysm ( judged to be the worst xpac ever) was better at least pvp wise. If wow was made of druids mages paladins warriors and warlocks, then yes, balanced. Unfortunately, they forgot all other 6 classes ( maybe they didn't totally forgot some, but monk rogue and dps shaman are ridiculously BAD)

I may try out Forge, but don't another game come to your mind? ):

The reason is said " NO GW2" because you need to simply look at the forums to see 1238213021 topics crying about pvp balance, and reviews telling disappointment in a pvp view, for a pvp dedicated game.
    With 11 classes and 34 specs, I can only imagine how difficult it is to balance them all. For an MMO WoW is still very balanced. Yes, there are classes that are overpowered, but if you are a good player, you'll do well with whatever class you prefer. There's no class in WoW that when you enter an arena match you say, "Oh they have a *insert overpowered class here* we might as well leave." It was like how BM hunter had crazy burst, but in high rating arenas they weren't as dominant, because their burst could be countered in many ways. Is S12 isn't the most balanced season ever, but it's still not incredibly unbalanced either.

If you want competitve PvP, then WoW is pretty much your only option. If you can settle for BGs (or whatever they're called in other games), then I've heard that Rift has good ones. I dunno about the actual balance of the classes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    With 11 classes and 34 specs, I can only imagine how difficult it is to balance them all. For an MMO WoW is still very balanced. Yes, there are classes that are overpowered, but if you are a good player, you'll do well with whatever class you prefer. There's no class in WoW that when you enter an arena match you say, "Oh they have a *insert overpowered class here* we might as well leave." It was like how BM hunter had crazy burst, but in high rating arenas they weren't as dominant, because their burst could be countered in many ways. Is S12 isn't the most balanced season ever, but it's still not incredibly unbalanced either.

If you want competitve PvP, then WoW is pretty much your only option. If you can settle for BGs (or whatever they're called in other games), then I've heard that Rift has good ones. I dunno about the actual balance of the classes though.
    Well, you might as well play a little more, im ~1700 right now (not that high but still) and im pretty sure there are overpowered comps and classes, and i doubt you will go much further as a shaman dps nowadays, its totally unbalanced
    Last edited by LockyShaman; 2012-12-15 at 07:02 PM.

You can take the PvP balance discussion to the PvP Forum. Stay on topic please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-12-15 at 09:05 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe