The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well, is Wildstar really releasing soon? It seems at least a year away.
    They've stated multiple times it will launch this year. I assume the holidays, but still that's less than 7 months away.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    They've stated multiple times it will launch this year. I assume the holidays, but still that's less than 7 months away.
    Is wildstar an AAA premium game as well then? looks promising

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 08:06 AM ----------

Defo appreciate the humour in that video, just hope the game isnt always as jokey as that. Wouldnt want to invest serious time into something that is just a joke :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Is wildstar an AAA premium game as well then? looks promising

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 08:06 AM ----------

Defo appreciate the humour in that video, just hope the game isnt always as jokey as that. Wouldnt want to invest serious time into something that is just a joke :P
    AAA game has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with the budget being spent on it. But to answer your questions, yes it is a AAA game. Many of the developers were leads on the original WoW. The humor isn't very different from humor we had in WoW, but it's much more clever and in your face. Think of it more like advertisement than the game really. Remember WoW had commercials with Chuck Norris and Mr. T (the night elf mohawk) so...it's like that.

If you read up on it on their site and watch more videos, you'll see they are very, very serious about the game. Additionally they plan on returning raiding to the spotlight. Not only will it be hard, but raids will change to be dynamic. Instead of having the same rooms every time you walk in, the configuration might change presenting new hazards, requiring new strategies adopted as you encounter it.

Trying not to go hype mode, but they are designing many facets of the game for each type of player. They have solo end game, group end game, crazy new pvp ideas with warplots, plyer housing, etc.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    AAA game has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with the budget being spent on it. But to answer your questions, yes it is a AAA game. Many of the developers were leads on the original WoW. The humor isn't very different from humor we had in WoW, but it's much more clever and in your face. Think of it more like advertisement than the game really. Remember WoW had commercials with Chuck Norris and Mr. T (the night elf mohawk) so...it's like that.

If you read up on it on their site and watch more videos, you'll see they are very, very serious about the game. Additionally they plan on returning raiding to the spotlight. Not only will it be hard, but raids will change to be dynamic. Instead of having the same rooms every time you walk in, the configuration might change presenting new hazards, requiring new strategies adopted as you encounter it.

Trying not to go hype mode, but they are designing many facets of the game for each type of player. They have solo end game, group end game, crazy new pvp ideas with warplots, plyer housing, etc.
    Definitely liking the sound of this, there seems to be 3 main MMO's coming out soon (not including blizzards new one), Neverwinter - Skyrim MMO - Wildstar.
    I've played Neverwinter beta, its ok. I think I would have to play all 3 to compare but what about you. Which are you most looking forward too and why? :-)

On another note, I was looking to play a game nowwwww.. Looks like there is nothing then atm then huh

Plenty of games out now. If you want a WoW type of game, try Rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Plenty of games out now. If you want a WoW type of game, try Rift.
    Yes, for a game to play right now give Rift a shot. It will be F2P next month, but has a free trial to 20 right now, so you can try it without paying a dime. I highly recommend it, but it's not going to give you the same feeling WoW has like Wildstar will be able to do in the future. It's very dark and mature (which is fine) but since you were specifically looking for something very similar to WoW, I didn't recommend it earlier.

So in the next month you can try it for sure.
    BAD WOLF

What about TERA or SWTOR, or any other free one right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    What about TERA or SWTOR, or any other free one right now?
    Tera is vastly different in combat and design. While they do have a trinity, there's not a lot of PvE content. SWTOR would be fine to recommend as it has a similar PvE structure to WoW and is F2P as well. That may be a good go to for you. However, you will not be able to raid end game very well unless you pay for their recent DLC which extended the level cap and added a new raid.

It does have a same server LFD tool for what they call Flashpoints (dungeons), but I don't know how easy it is to find one at levels below the DLC's new cap.
    BAD WOLF

Thanks alot for your help mate!
    I will definitely be waiting for Wildstar as my hopefully next main game then. Until then I might give SWTOR a shot for abit of fun for abit

Anyone familiar with the old browser game mechwars.net?

Need some help in determining the genre type of an old game I used to play that no longer exists. And hopefully, if there are any similar games out there today.

It was a browser based game that operated on the website mechwars.net and was used with IRC as the main communication hub. Essentially you built up your base/tech, built up your 'mech army' and would then coordinate attack/defense against other players/clans/guilds.

I know this game itself doesn't exist, but I find there is so much trash out there for "browser web games" that it's hard to sort through it all. Just hoping to find some information on this genre, and what's on the market today, if anything.

Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    If you're planning on playing Mass Effect 2 then I suggest either 1 of two things.

Either - Play the first game

or - Buy Mass Effect Genesis.

Genesis is an interactive comic-styled cutscene piece of DLC for Mass Effect 2 that played at the beginning of the game to serve as an introduction for those who haven't played ME1. It allows you to make the bigger, game-defining choices that you would've made by playing 1 that are seriously integral to ME2.
    I would definitely recommend Genesis for someone new to ME2 who doesn't want to play ME1 (though I'd recommend playing ME1 too.) Because ME3 is so much better with Wrex alive.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braush View Post
    Need some help in determining the genre type of an old game I used to play that no longer exists. And hopefully, if there are any similar games out there today.

It was a browser based game that operated on the website mechwars.net and was used with IRC as the main communication hub. Essentially you built up your base/tech, built up your 'mech army' and would then coordinate attack/defense against other players/clans/guilds.

I know this game itself doesn't exist, but I find there is so much trash out there for "browser web games" that it's hard to sort through it all. Just hoping to find some information on this genre, and what's on the market today, if anything.

Thank you!
    Hmm, the only browser game that I really sunk a ton of time into was Ogame (www.ogame.org). However, this is more of a "combat spreadsheet" sort of game and I'm not sure if that is similar to the game you're thinking of. You build up a space fleet, your homeworld, your colonies, etc etc but you never actually see any of it really. Mostly just numbers. You attack/defend yourself from other players as well.

10+ Year Old Account

I need help on game choice!

Alright so summer is here. I have a part time job, I just graduated university, etc. Here is my current collection so you can get an idea of what I play ( I did not have xbox live on my first xbox, I only recently got it that is why it is not a multiplayer collection)

Entire assassins creed series
    entire fable series (other than the journey, fuck the kinect)
    gta 4
    L.A Norie
    Skyrim
    soul calibur V
    both transformers games, fall and war for cybertron

Games I already plan to buy (not just for xbox)
    Mass effect 3 (unsure if i need to play the first 3 to get it)
    dishonored
    sim city 5

I just want a few recommendations. I have about an hour or 2 a day to play.

As a fan of the Roller Coaster Tycoon games, I am looking for a City "tycoon" game. I have never played SimCity or Cities XL or anything like that so I don't know if a game like this even exists. But is there a game that has you build a city, and hire police/fire etc. and try to maintain running your city and keep it up to high standards while fires are breaking out or thieves breaking into places and stealing stuff?

I'm sure my description of this game is pretty bad. But if there is such a game, can anyone tell me the name of it so I can check it out?

Thanks

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomaty View Post
    As a fan of the Roller Coaster Tycoon games, I am looking for a City "tycoon" game. I have never played SimCity or Cities XL or anything like that so I don't know if a game like this even exists. But is there a game that has you build a city, and hire police/fire etc. and try to maintain running your city and keep it up to high standards while fires are breaking out or thieves breaking into places and stealing stuff?

I'm sure my description of this game is pretty bad. But if there is such a game, can anyone tell me the name of it so I can check it out?

Thanks
    I think SimCity is about as close to that as possible. Granted, I play it on and off (not too much of a fan of the new installment) its still quite fun if you're into those types of games.

The game starts like this:

You have base 'simoleons' (money). You use that to build a road connecting a highway to your new untouched area. You start off building some streets and putting down 'zones' where people can build. You can choose to zone for Residential, etc. Essentially you start off with people building shacks and working bad jobs. As the city progresses, value (or density) goes up and people start making more money. Houses start becoming larger houses, industry starts booming and more people start moving in.

You do have to deal with fires, criminals, sick people, random events that destroy portions of your city, and various other complaints people may have. Its fun to pass the time but I don't think it really has much longevity to it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomaty View Post

Thanks
    banished?
    http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/

or anno 1404: http://www.amazon.com/video-games/dp/B005OM6CGU

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I think SimCity is about as close to that as possible. Granted, I play it on and off (not too much of a fan of the new installment) its still quite fun if you're into those types of games.

The game starts like this:

You have base 'simoleons' (money). You use that to build a road connecting a highway to your new untouched area. You start off building some streets and putting down 'zones' where people can build. You can choose to zone for Residential, etc. Essentially you start off with people building shacks and working bad jobs. As the city progresses, value (or density) goes up and people start making more money. Houses start becoming larger houses, industry starts booming and more people start moving in.

You do have to deal with fires, criminals, sick people, random events that destroy portions of your city, and various other complaints people may have. Its fun to pass the time but I don't think it really has much longevity to it.
    Is SimCity 4 the one that you don't really care much for? 4 looks to be the only one of the series that is actually on Steam (which I will most likely buy from). Knowing that the game actually appears to be pretty close to what I'm looking for I am really interested in it now

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Banished doesn't really look like what I'm lookin for, but Anno does. Is Anno 2070 pretty much the same thing as 1404, just more up to date/futuristic?
    Last edited by Jomaty; 2013-05-23 at 08:26 AM.

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Alright so summer is here. I have a part time job, I just graduated university, etc. Here is my current collection so you can get an idea of what I play ( I did not have xbox live on my first xbox, I only recently got it that is why it is not a multiplayer collection)

Entire assassins creed series
    entire fable series (other than the journey, fuck the kinect)
    gta 4
    L.A Norie
    Skyrim
    soul calibur V
    both transformers games, fall and war for cybertron

Games I already plan to buy (not just for xbox)
    Mass effect 3 (unsure if i need to play the first 3 to get it)
    dishonored
    sim city 5

I just want a few recommendations. I have about an hour or 2 a day to play.
    You could try The elder scrolls IV: Oblivion. It's like Skyrim only 10 times better.

There is also the soul series which I will always recomend because it's the best rpgs ever made in my opinion. Demon souls is only for the ps3 but you should try out darksouls. The 2 games have nothing to do with eachother when it comes to the lore.

I would also recomend dragons dogma. It's also an action rpg much like the souls games. However dragons dogma features party gameplay. You can have AI companions or play co-op with friends. Theres ALOT of customization in dragons dogma in terms of armor and apperance etc...

About mass effect I would STRONGLY suggest you play the first 2 ones before playing the third. You could grab mass effect 2 and grab the Genesis dlc. That way you can make the important choices that you could make in the first game and learn abit about the story. I wouldn't suggest starting out with the third one because the 3 games are strongly connected in lore, so you probably won't enjoy it as much as you would if you played the earlier ones first.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Looking for a new game

Im looking for a good game for time sink since all I did on wow was pvp and now that is trashed, But looking for a good pvp game ive been thinking about LoL but havnt pulled the trigger ive also been looking at forge anyone with any suggestions would be awesome!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim89 View Post
    Im looking for a good game for time sink since all I did on wow was pvp and now that is trashed, But looking for a good pvp game ive been thinking about LoL but havnt pulled the trigger ive also been looking at forge anyone with any suggestions would be awesome!
    age of empires 2hd