Deleted
    Any advice for a good story based console game (pref xbox), cause im gonna be renting a few - something that is a good play that keeps entertaining but can be done in a week or so, any genre really im not picky but fps or fantasy would be the main aim, was thinking like dishornoured or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thenamedosentfi View Post
    Any advice for a good story based console game (pref xbox), cause im gonna be renting a few - something that is a good play that keeps entertaining but can be done in a week or so, any genre really im not picky but fps or fantasy would be the main aim, was thinking like dishornoured or something?
    Mass Effect 2 and 3 would be my first picks.

Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 2.

Deleted
    So i used to play alot of kind of Dawn of war 1, warcraft 3 all that sort of thing---You get the idea

I'm looking for a modern game that is really like that!!! im quite bored of games and the moment and have some money to spend :P

so any game reccomendations would be great especially ones like W3 and DoW (i already have DoW2) thank you for any input!!1

Notdaface.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 2.
    Maybe we should just have a sticky that says:

GO PLAY MASS EFFECT AND DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    I donno if it is out for xbox, think so. even think it's a console game. donno. anyway, Alan Wake. Jesus that game is the most amazing game i have ever played. I usually dont play games for their stories, but Alan Wake is the most exciting game ever. also scary sometimes

Deleted

Looking for games with a sense of speed

Hi, I'm looking for a game that has a very good and immersive sense of speed. I suspect alot of racing games will be mentioned, but I've played alot of nonracing games that have this so I leave it open for all genres.

Any suggestions? It can be on all platforms.

What I mean with sense of speed is, it's immersive and FUN to go really fast.
    Last edited by mmoc286748cea5; 2013-02-17 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    Sonic Generations is pretty fast-paced, if you are into that kind of game.

Personally, I like Hydro Thunder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dither9 View Post
    Sonic Generations is pretty fast-paced, if you are into that kind of game.
    Wow those 3D sections looks really fun. Haven't played a sonic game in years, how good is it in other aspects?

http://www.freeindiegam.es/2013/02/a...-mit-game-lab/

Custom-built, open-source relativistic graphics code allows the speed of light in the game to approach the player’s own maximum walking speed.

OpenRelativity is a set of tools for simulating the effects of traveling near the speed of light in the Unity3D game engine. The team is currently refining the documentation, usability and features in OpenRelativity, targeted for release as a free, open-source package in 2013, to allow others to produce more simulations and games about traveling near the speed of light. – [Author's description]

Deleted
    Wow those 3D sections looks really fun. Haven't played a sonic game in years, how good is it in other aspects?
    It doesn't change particularly much from what the video showed you, to be honest. A classic (purely 2D, think Sega Sonic) and modern version (blend between 2D and 3D sections, though arguably more 2D compared to the other more recent Sonics) each of 9 stages/worlds with boss battles after the third, sixth and ninth stages. Generations is easier than Unleashed and Colours until the final stretch (Stages 7-9 is where it picks up a bit with precision platforming), causing less disruption to the flow of the game due to requiring less trial and error gameplay.

There's also 5 red rings for each classic and modern stage that you can grab to unlock some goodies for the art gallery and music room in the game. Finally, there's also 5 challenges per classic and modern stage, ranging from simple time trials to gimmicky stuff such as the stages being made into obstacle courses and requiring you to get through them unscathed. I'd say it's a very well done game that is more or less a love letter to all the generations of Sonic games; regardless of their reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    sonic generations redeemed sega for me after sonic 06 and unleashed
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

Seeing as you specifically mentioned you were leaving it open to all genres, I'll drop the MMO DC Universe Online in here.

DCUO has three primary movement types, one of which is super speed (Think Flash). For what it's worth, I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and it is available on both PC and PS3.

Here's a video of SuperSpeed in action. Note: The video isn't mine, just the result of a 30 second search.

Cheers and enjoy.
    -Vin-

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raminax View Post
    It doesn't change particularly much from what the video showed you, to be honest. A classic (purely 2D, think Sega Sonic) and modern version (blend between 2D and 3D sections, though arguably more 2D compared to the other more recent Sonics) each of 9 stages/worlds with boss battles after the third, sixth and ninth stages. Generations is easier than Unleashed and Colours until the final stretch (Stages 7-9 is where it picks up a bit with precision platforming), causing less disruption to the flow of the game due to requiring less trial and error gameplay.

There's also 5 red rings for each classic and modern stage that you can grab to unlock some goodies for the art gallery and music room in the game. Finally, there's also 5 challenges per classic and modern stage, ranging from simple time trials to gimmicky stuff such as the stages being made into obstacle courses and requiring you to get through them unscathed. I'd say it's a very well done game that is more or less a love letter to all the generations of Sonic games; regardless of their reputation.
    I'm gonna give it a try, it looks fun. :P
    Just played it, very cool game but wish it had more levels. Can't ask for much from free games though.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Reminds me of Theatrythm on the 3DS, but I wonder how fun it is with PC controls.

For speed and entertainment there are many racing games like Sonic All star racing game,Forca horizon,death rally...etc

Hi, I'm looking for a game that has a very good and immersive sense of speed. I suspect alot of racing games will be mentioned, but I've played alot of nonracing games that have this so I leave it open for all genres.

If you want a fast fps, you could try out tribes ascend.

Deleted

I think Mirror's Edge is exactly what you're looking for.

You can also take a look at Dishonored, it can be played on a totally frantic way. Even though it is primarily a stealth game, you can take the direct route and make a mess in the blink of an eye, running around like crazy, teleporting, slowing time, it's just your best bet for blazing combat.