Thread: Bike Helmet

10+ Year Old Account

Bike Helmet

This is going to sound silly because it is silly. I used to love riding bikes, and it's something I've been meaning to start doing again. However, the thing that's keeping me back is that I really hate how bike helmets look.
    Especially ones that look like this.

I found some hipster helmets, which made me wonder what else is out there and if anyone else might have some cool helmets to share.
    http://www.yakkay.com/Webshop/

Edit: Apparently this needs to be stated in bold. Please do not post "lol who cares how you look. It's supposed to cover your brain!" I care how I look. And, in case you did not read the description of the items on yakkay, those are covers that are placed on top of real helmets. There is no direct linear relationship between style and safety.
    Last edited by Redversion; 2012-06-24 at 05:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who cares how it looks. It's meant to protect your skull from serious injury if you wipe out.

Unless you're a pro rider.. just buy a decent helm that will keep your brains intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Who cares how it looks. It's meant to protect your skull from serious injury if you wipe out.
    This, Safety > Looks.

If its a serious concern for how it looks you can just repaint it to how you want.

You'll rarely find a cycling helmet that is safe and looks good.

Not a cycling helmet but heres mine.