Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Best way to farm BoE Northrend greens

I am leveling an enchanter and do not want to quest for greens to d/e or buy the materials off the AH as I now have less than 1k gold. Where would be the best spot to get lots of greens to d/e? I have a 381 Arms warrior and tried Pit of Saron trash and it was ok, but was wondering if there is some other spot. The enchanter I am leveling is an 85 380 Fire mage if that changes anything. I also have a 362 Frost DK. Due to better gear, higher armor/survivability and Victory Rush I'd think the warrior is the best bet. He also has lots of bag space.

Or, is questing really better/faster? Or should I farm something else, sell it and buy the enchanting mats? On US Sargeras Ally if that changes anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

1k worth of saronite and eternal earth might be enough for a little bit of the old saronite shuffle.

But if I were gonna grind wrath dungeons for greens I'd probably just do violet hold since its right there in dalaran, I'd take a skinner too if available.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbs View Post
    1k worth of saronite and eternal earth might be enough for a little bit of the old saronite shuffle.
    I'm going with this.

Given that wrath zones are mostly devoid of people these days, you can go pretty much anywhere in northrend and farm anything you want. Just fly about until you find a spot with lots of mobs, then kill until you have full bags. Frostweave sell well on your server? Then pick a spot with humanoid mobs so you get cloth with your greens. Leather sell well? Then pick a spot where you can kill stuff you can skin instead.

Basicly, just use some common sense and you shall go far in both WoW AND Life. =P

Just hit up higher level dungeons with lots of humanoid mobs.

Kill, get cloth and greens, craft cloth into greens, rinse repeat.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Turning Cobalt into horned cobalt helms is a good way to get lots of greens for disenchanting.

I had a problem keeping both my enchanting and tailoring up on my warlock I just leveled up, so I wound up going to Icecrown on my bear tank. If you look at the map for Icecrown, and look at ICC, just north west of there is another tower like structure. Go in there, and there are I think 44 fast respawning lvl 78 (I think) elites. On my bear I would just pull the whole room of them, kill them off, and maybe a minute after I was done looting, they'd start respawning. Not the greatest place, since I usually only got around 15 cloth and maybe 1 green for the whole room, but the fast respawns made it a little less tedious.

If you don't have a tank character though, pulling the whole room would most likely just kill you, so be careful.

Deleted
    farming cobalt is the fastest way. simply follow howling fjords edges and youll get loads and loads of cobalt. ,tunr the cobalt into horned cobalt helm and the crystallized earth together with some green gems into the respective jewelry and de it as well.
    also keep an eye on abyss crystals. if the abyss crystal is cheaper than ~60g its usually worth to do the abyss shatter. (although youll need a guildmate to do it) as they yield between 7-15 dusts or 3-4 greater cosmic essences.

Deleted
    Take your warrior or dk and run the original wotlk dungeons in normal mode (faster, same amount of greens, just a few ilevels lower) or heroic (not much harder, but does take a bit longer and some very few bosses still have a rought strat to aply instead of just nuke it).

IF you are confortable with your mage you could try a few normal mode dungeuns too ( if only for the bop blues, abyssal cristal if you really know your toon and do heroic).

If one of those three has a gathering proffession you might want to target a specific dungeon (ie: draktaron/gundrak for skining).
    Also, keep all cloth you get. Either use a tailor to make some extra greens or just AH them (leveling tailor is also a pain)

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Just hit up higher level dungeons with lots of humanoid mobs.

Kill, get cloth and greens, craft cloth into greens, rinse repeat.
    This is the method I used and it was the cheapest and fairly quick. Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloeverah View Post
    This is the method I used and it was the cheapest and fairly quick. Good luck!
    I also made use of DEing JC rings.
    Psilo - Enhancement Shaman - Argent Dawn EU - People for the Ethical Treatment of Shamans

*Ben*

there is a place where endless mobs keep running toward you, I forget where its been a while
    valley of lost heroes or something.
    you just stay in one spot, and kill the endless stream of mobs coming to you and loot^^
    there are some youtube videos of it,

Prospect ore then craft rings and necklaces to DE. There is no other option its this or nothing because you waste hours farming and you might not even get any greens or you can always pay the retarded prices on the AH for greens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Prospect ore then craft rings and necklaces to DE. There is no other option its this or nothing because you waste hours farming and you might not even get any greens or you can always pay the retarded prices on the AH for greens.
    this is a good tip.

if you want to farm mobs if you go to icecrown, south of the shadow vaults (where the ramp on the map ends in the valley) there is a good spot. I forget the name but it's called valley of lost heroes or something? i think. great place to farm mobs for frostweave cloth and greens.
    lots of 6+ mob groups

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I'd say this if you happen to have a miner and a BS/JC otherwise, assuming your enchanter is also a tailor, the Valley of Heroes or whatever it's called in Icecrown would be the next best option.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    this is a good tip.

if you want to farm mobs if you go to icecrown, south of the shadow vaults (where the ramp on the map ends in the valley) there is a good spot. I forget the name but it's called valley of lost heroes or something? i think. great place to farm mobs for frostweave cloth and greens.
    lots of 6+ mob groups

I think they nerfed the hell out of that place. I went there a few months ago cause my new lock had tailoring and I didnt wanna pay 90g a stack for frostweave. I spent 2 hours there got 4 greens and only 3 stacks of cloth. I remember watching videos of people farming it during wrath and getting greens off like every 4th mob and they all dropped 1-4 cloth each. So yea not worth it anymore. If you are leveling a tank through the 70s just queue for NR instances and then just need roll on every single drop, then DE those. Just straight up ninja every green. Groups wont kick you cause Northrend queues are pretty brutal and they dont wanna lose a tank and be forced to wait another 20 mins for one.

Cathedral of Darkness in Icecrown. Each side of the room has like 20-30 elites. I usually pull one side, kill and loot, then do the other side. They re-spawn fast so you can keep going side to side without really having to wait in between. You will get a lot of higher level northrend greens and ton of frostweave cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonatic View Post
    Cathedral of Darkness in Icecrown. Each side of the room has like 20-30 elites. I usually pull one side, kill and loot, then do the other side. They re-spawn fast so you can keep going side to side without really having to wait in between. You will get a lot of higher level northrend greens and ton of frostweave cloth.
    This is definitely a great spot. The last time I did this for the DMF quest of 250 whatever they're called things, I got stacks and stacks of frostweave cloth. I got a few greens, but rng is rng obviously. I vote for this spot as well.

Naxx 10 was good to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Questing for green quest rewards as well as random drops, but in dungeons (usually heroics) you'll get more green drops.