Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    werewolf with self control > vampire

werewolves also have lots of stamina.

Deleted
    To my mind, the traditional vampire wouldn't stand a chance, a human with two fangs that hungers for blood from a human neck. Still, with Vampires like the ones from Underworld, the stronger and faster vampires, they would put up a decent fight but I still think Werewolf's would win.

Was a bit it shocked to see your vampire picture in the OP, considering it looks a lot like my Gw2 character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Werewolfs are stronger than vampires... but a vampire can go and hide for 150 years and then he will win

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Vampires are strong, fast and smart. Werewolves are stronger, faster, and more feral. Honestly it's like humans vs. an animal. There is a reason we are at the top of the food chain and that's because of our intelligence. I am absolutely obsessed with wolves and werewolves, but vampires would win.
    There are werewolves that can control themself under the full moon,

depends are we talking popculture or actual myth?

if were talking movies/tv/comics/ect then probably werewolves

if were talking myth then obviously vampires.

in most popculture vampires are just humans with fangs and slight super powers (and occasionally cant go in the sun) and werewolves are humanoid super wolves

in myth vampires are immortal unless you drive a steel stake into both their heart hands and feet although it differs alot from location to location some use other methods to kill them in some myths THEY CANT KILL THEM unless they stake them BEFORE becoming a vampire. they are nocturnal but can go into the sun easily and have magic powers.

in myth werewolves are just men who at night (or in some cases during certain holidays or lunar cycles or times of the year) turn into giant wolves not humanoid wolves just wolves that are big
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Vampires because they have Alucard!

Follow him on Twitter @Thecrimsonfuckr

Deleted
    Vampires. No competition.

Deleted
    Vampires, no doubt.

They're basically already dead, so it'll be hard for a werewolf to kill one. If i remember correctly then the only way to kill a vampire is to impale their heart with a wooden stake, using garlic somehow and expose it to direct sunlight.
    I highly doubt a werewolf will use a wooden stake or a garlic in a battle and a werewolf can only transform at direct moonlight, so the sunlight weakness hardly matters in a one on one battle.

Vampires can also turn into bats, which might come in handy.

This REALLY depends on what our definitions are of the two...If we're talking a weak puny Vampire that's simply a human with superior strength etc that's not impressive compared to a werewolf as it is as someone pointed out still animal vs human in a physical struggle animals tend to win... But if this is indeed the proper type of vampire, the kind that can transform into several very dangerous things and do very spectacular things, along the lines of the legend of Dracula, then clearly a savage werewolf will perish.

Then again both are essentially immortal and invincible with a few exceptions, none of which either side would think of using to slay the other. So it's an endless struggle.

FYI, vampires are not "harmed" by sunlight, they just cant use the full extent of their powers then, Dracula preferred to sleep through the day, and it was said that his location was kept hidden while sleeping as that was the only time he could possibly be killed, by a wooden stake that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    Vampires, no doubt.

They're basically already dead, so it'll be hard for a werewolf to kill one. If i remember correctly then the only way to kill a vampire is to impale their heart with a wooden stake, using garlic somehow and expose it to direct sunlight.
    I highly doubt a werewolf will use a wooden stake or a garlic in a battle and a werewolf can only transform at direct moonlight, so the sunlight weakness hardly matters in a one on one battle.

Vampires can also turn into bats, which might come in handy.
    Vampires were rather universally killed through all myths if you lop their head off. Considering a werewolf is capable of fully removing a human head through simple brute force.....

If we want to be snarky, though, a werewolf is a human. So while human the werewolf could conceivably track down where the vampire sleeps, infiltrate the location, stake the vampire and cut off its head. A week later, the human turns into a werewolf and goes about his wolf bid'ness.

Honestly, vampires have gotten a lot of attention simply because they're easy. It's basically a human for all intents and purposes of cinematic portrayal. You don't need much to portray a vampire. Then they got romantacized by Anne Rice and further by later writers until they've become today's defanged pathetic pitiable victims. Nobody's afraid of a vampire anymore and that's just sad.

I'm hoping Freeborn can get the funding it needs and we can finally see a good werewolf movie.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    FYI, vampires are not "harmed" by sunlight, they just cant use the full extent of their powers then, Dracula preferred to sleep through the day, and it was said that his location was kept hidden while sleeping as that was the only time he could possibly be killed, by a wooden stake that is.
    Pretty generalized statement there. There is no "vampires are" or "vampires are not" without clarification since region and origin of different mythologies and folktales vary.

I did like how White Wolf used a vast array of different myths to separate the clans of vampires when they developed The Masquerade, though. It was a smart way to approach that.

The "death by sunlight" is safe to say was cemented in popular depiction by the very first on screen vampire, Dracula without the rights to be Dracula, Nosferatu.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-11-21 at 08:14 PM.

if we look at the vanhelsing lore though, a bite from a werewolf can kill a vampire...well Dracula anyways. Plus I love that movie. while Dracula is a huge beast of a vampire , he still gets his ass handed to him.

and just because

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    if we look at the vanhelsing lore though, a bite from a werewolf can kill a vampire...well Dracula anyways. Plus I love that movie. while Dracula is a huge beast of a vampire , he still gets his ass handed to him.

and just because

Lets not even discuss the perpetual rape of virtually every myth surrounding, Dracula, werewolves AND Frankenstein that take place in that film.

Lets not even discuss the perpetual rape of virtually every myth surrounding, Dracula, werewolves AND Frankenstein that take place in that film.
    It was horrible yet I do mark it as the best visual presentation of a werewolf so far. I liked that movie as a fun ride in spite of all its.....liberties taken with mythologies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Vampires were rather universally killed through all myths if you lop their head off. Considering a werewolf is capable of fully removing a human head through simple brute force.....

If we want to be snarky, though, a werewolf is a human. So while human the werewolf could conceivably track down where the vampire sleeps, infiltrate the location, stake the vampire and cut off its head. A week later, the human turns into a werewolf and goes about his wolf bid'ness.

Honestly, vampires have gotten a lot of attention simply because they're easy. It's basically a human for all intents and purposes of cinematic portrayal. You don't need much to portray a vampire. Then they got romantacized by Anne Rice and further by later writers until they've become today's defanged pathetic pitiable victims. Nobody's afraid of a vampire anymore and that's just sad.

I'm hoping Freeborn can get the funding it needs and we can finally see a good werewolf movie.[COLOR="red"]
    I forgot about the chop of the head weakness.

About the track down the vampire strategy. Might've been a great tactic if werewolves were in control of themselves. They become a mindless beast when they transform, ignoring the logical options. :P

point is if were talking actual myths and not popculture the vampire wins hands down depending on which region a werewolf only has its powers during a fullmoon, during the night, certain lunar cycles, or certain times of the year.

a vampire is at full power at all times day or night they're just nocturnal
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote werewolf!! I have always loved wolves and werewolves since i can remember. And I hope to all that is the Light, that someone hasn't brought up or will bring up Twilight... everyone knows that they made both mythological creatures look awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    I forgot about the chop of the head weakness.

About the track down the vampire strategy. Might've been a great tactic if werewolves were in control of themselves. They become a mindless beast when they transform, ignoring the logical options. :P
    Hence why I said a werewolf can track down and kill a vampire while human, ignoring any strengths/weaknesses as a werewolf entirely! But I did note, that was a snarky addition. Hehehe

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 08:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    point is if were talking actual myths and not popculture the vampire wins hands down depending on which region a werewolf only has its powers during a fullmoon, during the night, certain lunar cycles, or certain times of the year.

a vampire is at full power at all times day or night they're just nocturnal
    But like you said, if we're talking actual myths there's also a lot of variation on what that "full power" is. I mean, c'mon, just hop in a river or get on a boat and in some myths and the vampire's screwed because they can't cross running water. You haven't killed it, but it can't get you either.

Or if you suspect someone's a vampire, you bury them face down. Finished, vampire is digging deeper and deeper instead of rising.

Or you stake them in their coffin and the vampire is screwed and stuck in it forever.

Some have hypnotism, some control animals, some turn into animals, some are strong, some aren't, some can walk in daylight, some are weak in daylight, some can't face the sun, some are....

Some werewolves are linked to lunar cycle, some cause the transformation by wearing wolf skins, some hunger for human flesh some don't, some are fully bestial, some are bestial with human level intelligence, etc. etc.

And the "werewolves are just larger wolves" doesn't fit either. The large "monster form" werewolf is seen in 18th century engravings, so it's not entirely a cinematic creation either. Silver doesn't hurt them if you go back prior to 19 or 18th century stories.

So if we're talking actual myths, there's a HELL of a lot of clarification that has to be ironed out before we even determine the combatants.

If we're just talking generalities....werewolf. Because they ARE still people. Vampires are walking humanoid leeches.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-11-21 at 08:59 PM.

Sure it raped the original stories but...who cares really? It was entertaining, awesome looking, and original myths aside, had a good story.

Now my post wasn't about the story or their relation to the myths but how bad-ass and well done the were-wolf/vampire fight

Vampire chicks are hotter

I'd probably go Vampire - as long as there is a good source of non-lethal food available.

Deleted
    What lore does OP have with regards to vampires and Werewolves?
    Such as are Werewolves, wolves or the wolf-human hybrid style(such as the picture)?

Because i can imagine its could go down to that sort of detail as to who would win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Ventura View Post
    vampires and werewolves don't exist lol
    Dont be silly now.. of course they do..

OT, have to go with vamps as well. Besides, in almost every movie and show that has them both, werewolves are the underdogs.