Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are SSC and TK soloable by a 395ilvl(pve gear) prot warrior?

Topic title says it all.

Deleted
    only one way to find out for sure ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Kael'thas' mechanics prevent you from doing so, because he mind controls. Lady Vashj's corrupted cores no longer stun you so you could potentially solo her.

I can solo all but vashj and kael, 387 prot warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Tomatoes are vegetables, water doesn't hydrate you, the world is falling a part....

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Kael'thas' mechanics prevent you from doing so, because he mind controls. Lady Vashj's corrupted cores no longer stun you so you could potentially solo her.
    Last I heard he won't MC his main threat target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Last I heard he won't MC his main threat target.
    he does sadly.. or so i think

I solo Kael'thas every week with my rogue hoping for the mount. He does not MC if you are the only person in the instance. The strategy is pretty complicated you have to kill his 4 adds all over the instance so when they respawn you don't to face them all at the same time. There are several videos on youtube of how to accomplish this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    nope, been soloing kael since 4.2 as hunter, ret pala and blood dk, he wont MC the tank, thats why doing it as hunter requires some pillar humping.. :P
    | Ryzen R7 5800X | Radeon RX 6800 |

He does NOT mindcontrol the tank.
    I've easily solod it on my blood DK several times. I don't think a protection warrior can do it though, not nearly enough self-healing.

Any boss that has Mind Control as an ability will not use it if you are the only person alive in the entire instance. If someone is alive and at the front he still has a chance to use it. If the person stays dead when the fight start and doesn't resurrect he won't use it either.

Deleted
    vash isnt soloable as melee due to those friggin fearing adds that fear the moment yer near them. it all goes south very quickly once ye get them spawning

Kael'thas' mechanics prevent you from doing so, because he mind controls
    He will not mind control you if you are the only person in the instance. KT has been very soloable for a long time by pretty much any class that can do good damage and self heal.

Deleted
    He doesn't, i'm not sure if he does it if you are solo tho. Anyways, there are ways to get around the mechanics, i believe i saw a tutorial where he pulled all the bosses to the entrance of the instance and killed them all in different places so he could do the phase where he resurrects all advisors without facing them all at once.

This is wrong. You can work around the mind control. You cant work around being perma-feared from walkers in the vashj encounter.

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 01:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    He does NOT mindcontrol the tank.
    I've easily solod it on my blood DK several times. I don't think a protection warrior can do it though, not nearly enough self-healing.
    Warriors can use shields....they can mitigate pyroblast and things...I bet a warrior could do it, you will need to maximize your self healing by potentially changing glyphs and talents.

---------- Post added 2012-06-14 at 01:40 PM ----------

The way that it works is if there is more than 1 target he will mind control up to 3 targets. So if you bring friends, say 2 friends, you will ALL get mind controlled.

Deleted
    He does NOT mindcontrol you, stop talking bullshit and get your facts right.

Make sure you spec into self healing talents. (blood craze)
    souldrinker helps a lot as well
    I hear some people prefer speccing fury and using prot gear for bloothirst

15+ Year Old Account
    Kael'Thas was soloed by Fury Warriors in t11, if you have one or two souldrinkers it should be relatively easy as either prot or fury at this point. Vashj on the other hand is not a boss you're likely to kill, while possible for some classes (hunter, lock, DK from what I've observed) it would be impossible or at least very hard for a warrior.

As for KT, I haven't personally soloed him, but I've seen videos of warriors soloing him. I don't know the specifics like what gear, spec, etc you need to go with, but I know it can be done.

Vashj, I'm not sure. I have successfully 3-manned her on my warrior with a pally and mage from my guild, but that's the best I've done personally. I've never tried to solo her or heard of any other warriors who can do it. She summons these huge adds with some kind of bullshit AoE fear that works on anything close to them (meanwhile she gets stacks because the elementals reach her while you're unable to kill them due to running around like a chicken with its head cut off), and that makes the fight pretty difficult for anyone who can't DPS from range (ie, a warrior).
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2012-06-22 at 03:23 PM.

Kael'thas solo

Prot:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwEtRCfeIoU

Fury:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jVDHUJGH3k

Both with T13-DPSgear and WITHOUT EXPLOITING!!

Allready killed in Beta with PvPgear (lvl90) as Arms, no gems/ench and probably not best specc. Still doable but not as easy as could be @90 without mop-changes.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2012-06-21 at 11:04 PM.

Tempest Keep is only soloable by Fury im pretty sure, ive never heard of any prot soloing it..

Personally its extremely hard, i havent been able to do it myself yet still. Id rather just wait until level 90, Death-Knights-Paladins-Druids have soloing it super easy...