10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Razer Naga 2012 Issue

So I got a the Naga 2012 last week and it works great.. But sometimes it'll run into an invisible barrier as if it was at the edge of the screen and can't move any further. In addition sometimes it will skip around when I click or just have my mouse over another tab.

I used the original Naga, Deathadder and Logitech G500 without ever having this problem. If it matters at all I am using the Razer Goliathus Control mouse mat. I have also tried plugging it into other ports on the computer.

Deleted
    Sounds like a bug or firmware issue. Have you tested with another mouse to see if the issues persists?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have and it appears to only be happening with the new Naga 2012.

Sometimes you just get a lemon. I got one last year and had to exchange it the day after I bought it because I was having right click issues, and the new one hasn't given me any problems.

I get the 'invisible wall' thing sometimes too, but it's because there's a dog hair in the laser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Return it & get a replacement, Razer tends to sell faulty equipment.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Is this the Epic Naga? And are you using it wireless? I get a little twitching sometimes with mine but its dust on the lazer. I did have a problem you describe whilst using it in wireless mode but that was an easy fix with the latest Firmware.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got the razor naga molten edition and it does the same thing once a month or something. check make sure nothings on the laser.

I'm using the molten as well. Try updating the firmware. Not the drivers, but specifically the firmware.

the invisible wall problem is a something in the laser like they said, but twitchyness might be a firmware problem, I bought a naga epic and after having to sadly exchange the first one I double patched the firmware of the second one and finally got it to work. I love my naga and razer makes so well designed products but they have a tendancy to be a bit buggy or require an extra step in care to get them to truly work properly.
    Side note anyone else find that the naga is a dust trap from hell, no mattter how much i dust off my desk and mouse pad the bloody thing gets caked up dust in all it's grooves with in secs anyone have a suggestion for that?

Deleted
    Had the same issue with mine. Had to get a replacement, 'cause it was broken. So, just go get a new one :O

Too bad there're so many faulty Nagas out there. Of the 3 I bought so far, all 3 went nuts after 2-6 months. Had the wall-bug twice and my current one always double-rightclicks, even thou I hit the "button" just once.

weird the double right click is usually from a mouse aging and the switch getting worn out, actually the reason I finally got a naga was my old Logitech Mx700 had been doing that for months as well as not clicking when i needed it to.
    the problem i was having with my first naga was sensitivity would drastically change on a whim(yes I know changing it on a whim is a function you can have set up no it wasn't enabled and it wasn't changing on anything i did in particular), it wouldn't always charge and the wired functionality wasn't working so when it did die I couldn't plug it in and keep playing.
    Second one wouldn't run wireless at first but then i updated the firmware and it stopped running wired then i found a second firmware update( it aparently has a wired and wireless firmware update) and that fixed the problem.
    Both have had the invisible wall but like i said that's just a matter of debris in the laser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just tried to run the Firmware Updater as suggested and I'm getting "No Naga Mouse detected".

Also, it's not the Epic, it's the 2012 edition of the regular Naga. Clicky

Yahh I was just saying what I had to do to make my razer products work, there is currently no firmware updater for the Naga 2012 it's still too new. So what ever firmware updater you grabbed was for the wrong naga. Have you tried contacting their tech support team, they're pretty useful and have a good sense of humor. not that good sense of humore helps fix it but you know what I mean.

you sure its not just a hair over the laser? i got a naga and this happens quite alot to me (invisible barrier) its usually a hair thats stuck in the middle of the laser circle.

I love you for reminding me of Firmwares! I had an issue that I unplugged my Naga on accident while switching profiles, so it wouldn't respond any click lesser than 1 second. Thankfully, installling the firmware 1.04 fixed that issue!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    But sometimes it'll run into an invisible barrier as if it was at the edge of the screen and can't move any further.
    this sounds like there's a hair or something under your laser. clean it and it should be gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I called Razer today about the Firmware updater about it saying I didn't have a Naga connected, and according to the person I talked to,
    Synapse 2.0 updates itself. So the Firmware Updater is useless. (at least for the Naga 2012)

I also found that it was just a cat hair in the laser as well. Strange how that never happened with my other mice. '

Thanks.