Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My real life name is Blaine. This is a very rare spelling of the name as it is almost always Blain or Blane. Of course, they threw a character into the show called Blaine, who, of course, is a gross caricature and exaggeration of all that is gay. I hate this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    My real life name is Blaine. This is a very rare spelling of the name as it is almost always Blain or Blane. Of course, they threw a character into the show called Blaine, who, of course, is a gross caricature and exaggeration of all that is gay. I hate this show.
    Actually Blaine is the more common spelling in the US. Thats probably why he has that name.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Every person i've ever met named Blaine (granted, that's only 3 of them) spells their name that way. Also, I disagree with your assessment of that character. If anyone is a "gross caricature and exaggeration of all that is gay" it's Kurt. Blaine got to make out with Rachael in one episode! lol

and it just occurred to me that I'm now arguing about a show I don't even watch anymore...*le sigh*

and if anybody is a caricature of gay its porcelain
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never watched it and I doubt I ever will. Not really a show for me.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    You say "show" a lot.

OT: Never watched it, heard a few songs and they all sound overproduced and soulless. It's some kind of musical show, right? I always find musicals awfully awkward to watch.

15+ Year Old Account
    <SNIP>
    Well... I'm a 32 year old male. The show is targeted at a different audience than me. I have nothing wrong with musicals, some of my favourite films are musicals, I just dont think this sort of show would appeal to me from what I've read and heard about it. I'm not going to say it's bad or good without having seen it.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-06-27 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Well... I'm a 32 year old male. The show is targeted at a different audience than me. I have nothing wrong with musicals, some of my favourite films are musicals, I just dont think this sort of show would appeal to me from what I've read and heard about it. I'm not going to say it's bad or good without having seen it.
    Can't believe you're falling for it ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I hate it, much like American Idol from ABC Family to Teen Nick, i think over all the show is garbage, lacks anything funny in or around it, and is over hyped.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Can't believe you're falling for it ><
    Nah, I've run the check after the post. Have faith brother.

Worthless piece of shit that does not belong on t.v.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    Worthless piece of shit that does not belong on t.v.
    To be fair, it's watched by a lot of people, so It's probably not how you describe it.

Just because it's targeted towards a younger audience does't necessarily mean you won't enjoy it. I'm a 23 year old male and I love it; it definitely has slow points and I usually skip the broadway style songs, but overall I really enjoy it.

Sue Sylvester is hilarious how she ridicules anyone and everyone with some of the most creative insults I've ever heard. Brittany is attractive and her ditzy/stupid lines are hilarious. Santana is crazy hot and as nasty as Sue with some equally hilarious and creative insults. And lastly, contrary to the seemingly majority of people here who dislike the show with an unhealthy amount of passion, most of the songs they cover I prefer to the originals.

I seriously don't understand how some people can so aggressively dislike the show though. Fair enough to not like it, but some of the stuff people have said so far about it.. I almost pity the people who allow a TV show they're in no way force to watch to have such an impact on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy View Post
    I seriously don't understand how some people can so aggressively dislike the show though. Fair enough to not like it, but some of the stuff people have said so far about it.. I almost pity the people who allow a TV show they're in no way force to watch to have such an impact on them.
    "hyperbole is the internet's native language" ~ church 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    "hyperbole is the internet's native language" ~ church 2012
    Touché! I don't know why and I know it shouldn't, but it still surprises me every time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just because it's targeted towards a younger audience does't necessarily mean you won't enjoy it. I'm a 23 year old male and I love it; it definitely has slow points and I usually skip the broadway style songs, but overall I really enjoy it.

Sue Sylvester is hilarious how she ridicules anyone and everyone with some of the most creative insults I've ever heard. Brittany is attractive and her ditzy/stupid lines are hilarious. Santana is crazy hot and as nasty as Sue with some equally hilarious and creative insults. And lastly, contrary to the seemingly majority of people here who dislike the show with an unhealthy amount of passion, most of the songs they cover I prefer to the originals.

If you think I'll enjoy it I'm willing to give an episode a try, can you recommend one?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have anything against the narrative themes of the show. I do think the musical aspect is incredibly obnoxious, however. I don't want to see a high-school club perform anything.

If you think I'll enjoy it I'm willing to give an episode a try, can you recommend one?
    Honestly that's a little hard to do. It's not a TV show where each episode has its own story which begins and ends in that same episode, with a larger story arc. I could suggest to you one of my favourite episodes, but it's only one of my favourites because I've followed the character development from the beginning; throwing you in to the episode without knowing any of the characters would give you with no real context and not do the show justice.

I honestly can't remember what happened during the pilot, but for what ever reason I watched the one after that, and the one after, and eventually I was watching the latest season finale. There's a decent chance the only reason I got hooked was because at the time I had nothing better to watch, but I'm glad I did.

That said, I can only really suggest you watch the pilot, and you'll either want to watch the second or you wont. When I first watched Breaking Bad, I struggled to get past the second episode, but by the third I was hooked and now it's one of my all time favourite shows.

Don't feel pressured to watch it though if you don't think you'll like it :P

i only watched the pilot since i like a lot of musicals (ie rocky horror, moulin rouge, grease, dr horrible's singalong blog) but i was underwhelmed. just seemed utterly cheesy with very little wit in the writing, and i thought their versions of the songs were terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    That said, I can only really suggest you watch the pilot, and you'll either want to watch the second or you wont. When I first watched Breaking Bad, I struggled to get past the second episode, but by the third I was hooked and now it's one of my all time favourite shows.

Don't feel pressured to watch it though if you don't think you'll like it :P
    Fair enough, I'll add an episode to my ridiculous "to watch" list.