Heroic Rag Now Days

How hard is Heroic Ragnaros now days? I downed it pre-nerf with my old guild and had it on farm but I haven't been back since Dragon Soul came out. Now that I have my own guild and we have 0 things to do in Dragon Soul im thinking about going back and getting people their Firelord titles and a chance at the mount. Is it still challenging or waffle pwn?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you did it pre nerf then it will be faceroll in comparison. Depends what you mean though, pugs will make anything hard and you need at least competent people for Rag HC.

Deleted
    We are trying to get as many people their mounts as possible right now. Using 1 tank, 2 healers and 7 DPS. Really it is nothing to what it was before the nerfs. The seed adds die ridiculously fast with the AOE now and with spectacular DPS you can enter phase 4 without any meteors. In phase 4 movement speed increases, taunts and grips are still necessary, especially if the root spawns under him. Transition phases can still wipe us from time to time even now though! and even if its easier now its still an awesome fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sure is an awesome fight. Doesn't matter how much you outgear it, there are still quite a few abilities that can easily wipe you. Other than that, yea, dps/healing requirments are gone with the nerfs/gear you got :P

Deleted
    its still a fair challenge for folks who've not done it, still requires lots of coordination etc etc.. but with higher gear lvls its easier for sure (specially as theres no geiser p4 now, shame really but nvm)..... bare in mind if you use DBM then nearly all of the timers are off by 3-5 seconds, specially seed phases... but yea rag hc is awesome fun boss.. shoulda been the last boss of xpac imo ;p dw is a shithead
    Last edited by mmoc098f301a17; 2012-07-10 at 09:53 PM.

If people cant move out of things (aka most pugs you find in like, trade chat) then it will be hard.

Openraid is successful though, ive ran heroic rag with a group on openraid and it was relatively painless. Took about 4 tries with a few people that havnt done it before.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

I never did Rag hc before the DS patch, and openraid was my only chance to try it. I found a group that planned to go every week. The first raid, we actually didn't get him down, as people just pancicked in ph4. But the subsequent weeks, it went smoother and smoother, and it's one of those fights where, when everyone knows what to do, it's a straight kill. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by cringleburt fistybuns View Post
    its still a fair challenge for folks who've not done it, still requires lots of coordination etc etc.. but with higher gear lvls its easier for sure (specially as theres no geiser p4 now, shame really but nvm)..... bare in mind if you use DBM then nearly all of the timers are off by 3-5 seconds, specially seed phases... but yea rag hc is awesome fun boss.. shoulda been the last boss of xpac imo ;p dw is a shithead
    they fixed that ages ago. The timer syncs up perfectly now, and both DBM/Bigwigs have the same timer. And pre-pre-pre nerf (pre geyser, pre dmg, pre hp) neither of the two actually sync'd up, we had to run at 0 seconds, 1.5 seconds, 1 seconds in order to not get hit (I started running bigwigs on my main for Rag progress due to the timer, but never switched to it on my alts, and realised that my alt still had DBM timers when we got into second phase of rag HC in an alt run. Turns out the timers were right on, though).

With the current level of nerfs in DS I would say H Rag is easily harder than 6/8 H DS at this point. But as was mentioned by other people, H Rag post-nerf and with DS gear is a faceroll compared to what he used to be like. So long as people don't die to fire it's a pretty straightforward fight.