Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Correction: KIN Raiders DID use a warrior for world first Spine of Deathwing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZHeTNr7xzM

Memory does not serve well!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    does it mean them mounts u already have will become account wide? or do u gotta get new mounts for em to become acc wide?
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Are they actually account wide, or like, realm wide?
    Same as heirlooms say 'bind on account', yet you can only use them on the realm they're on.

"Check my material"-curse girl

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeth View Post
    Are they actually account wide, or like, realm wide?
    Same as heirlooms say 'bind on account', yet you can only use them on the realm they're on.

Just made a new toon on a different beta realm then I normally use and all my mounts are available there so it appears to be truly account wide.

Deleted
    Can someone that play on US servers remind Ghostcrawler that:
    Even if it's nice to have more SS procs, making it too good to the point that they need to nerf everything else would
    • make the balance druids deal even lower damages while not in eclipse
    • make us feel gimped in fights where we can't apply moonfire on more than one target
    • reduce even more our "burst" in fights like Spine of DW Heroic because the moment we leave the eclipse our nuke's damages fall to abysmal levels
    • it would not be a problem if the low damages would be balanced by more SS procs...but in fights where you need burst, those procs must be off the GCD. We already have to wait for the actual Starsurge to land before we can cast an instant one, having to wait the gcd every time it proc, in a target dummy fight where there's low movement it's like having 1.5 sec cast all the time becase we can't instantly continue to cast Wrath/Starfire (removing the feeling of the instant proc)
    • make our pvp strategy even more reliant on moonfire spam because our nukes except starsurge would suck
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shooting Stars chance increased from 20% to 50%.
    Starsurge damage increased by 30%.
    Fae Empowerment: New passive for Balance Druids. When you cast Faerie Fire, you gain Lunar Empowerment and Solar Empowerment.
    Lunar Empowerment: Increases the damage of your next 3 Starfires within 15 sec by 15%.
    Solar Empowerment: Increases the damage of your next 3 Wraths within 15 sec by 20%.

Please note that these changes are straight DPS buffs, and we don’t think Moonkin need a buff right now, so we need to reduce overall damage (probably across the board) so that overall DPS stays the same.

I will definitely buy the Yak now that it's account bound, and yay to the other goldsink mounts added... ^_^

Great news with the mounts.

My question is: what are you going to do with people who already have multiples of those mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by alexday14 View Post
    what about the engineering flying mount? :P
    If one of your other characters has the appropriate engineering skill to use the mount than you can use it. If they do not then it will function as if you dropped the engineering profession. It will remain on your spell book but it will be unusable. So to directly answer your question, yes engineer and tailoring mounts will most likely be account wide. I don't have any official information, but just making an educated guess, I'd say yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally, Blizz listened to us and changed the account wide mount 'ban list'! I'm really happy with the changes.
    A lot of people said they won't buy certain gold sink mounts unless they'd be account wide, which would defeat the theory that they were banned so that people would spend gold for multiple toons.
    In most cases, I feel like letting them be account wide is more of a gold sink since a lot more people would be willing to buy the expensive mounts knowing that they would go to all of their toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    Wellp... there goes the market on choppers and sandstone drakes :P
    They both require a minimum amount of money to craft because the mats to make them are sold by vendors. Also most people don't buy somewhat expensive mounts for their alts, so I really don't see much changing. Plus now you can raise the price on them because people will only need to buy one of them for all of their toons.

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Class specific mounts and pvp mounts wont be, although, isn't the Jewel Panther mount supposedly JC only? And that's going to be account wide, so that would be not all class specific mounts are then. Unless I am mistaken in which never mind then.
    Engineer isn't a class it is a profession, and the Jeweled Panther is not JC only, from what I understand it is the equivalent of the motorcycle or the alchy drake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Account wide Jeweled Onyx Panther? Hell yeah!

Good call on the mounts, they were expensive enough to get as it is, silly if they werent available to all your chars.

ps: pico with glasses, total geek girl! Pretty good for a change. Should do it more often.

Just went and bought the traveler's tundra d/t this announcement. I have been wanting to get it for awhile but could never decide which toon to get it for. Problem solved.

And for those of you who bought expensive mounts on multiple toons (same mounts); Blizz isn't going to do anything to appease you. Remember how much dual-speccing used to cost during Wrath? They dropped that down to nothing in Cata and no refunds were given to those of us who had purchased it on 6,7,8 toons. So I doubt they'll do anything to refund you all either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa. Way to ruin Scholomance

We have been discussing this issue the last couple of days and we made the call to make the following mounts account-wide:

Reins of the Traveler's Tundra Mammoth
    Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak
    Mechano-Hog
    Mekgineer's Chopper
    Vial of the Sands
    Reins of the Grand Ice Mammoth
    Reins of the Ice Mammoth
    Jeweled Onyx Panther (all color variants)
    Cloud Serpents (all color variants)

At this point, the only mounts that are not account-wide are either class specific or rewarded from PVP. We feel like both these types of mounts should still be character specific.

Thanks for your feedback on this issue!
    ty Blizzard <3

Does this mean that account wide mounts already learned, will become account-wide? Or will this only apply to mounts learned after MoP opens:

IE if I have a Vial of the Sands in my bag, but I haven't used it yet, should I use it now? Or wait until MoP drops, so that it isn't consumed?

This is great news. Finally I will build my motorcycle after years of not bothering since I'll be able to use it on my numerous alts!

I have the hog and mammoth on almost every single one of my 85s. 3 of my 85s also have vial of the sands.

For people like me this is a bad change, but I guess it's good for a majority of players who can only afford the mount once.

That being said: don't be surprised to see hogs and vials selling for 100-200k in the coming months since they will be account wide and will be worth more to consumers.