Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Drugs in general are a lot worse for not fully developed bodies than for adults. Where I live you have minors approach you to buy them tobacco, booze, whatever, I don't do it. One could argue if minors drinking or smoking is worse, I support neither.
    Yea, but weed is a plant not a drug. Drugs are manufactured
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    Yea, but weed is a plant not a drug. Drugs are manufactured
    You're just being silly now. I'm not agreeing with the guy you quoted, but to say weed isn't a drug is just wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_(drug)

Marijuana is the most commonly abused illicit drug in the United States.
    http://www.drugabuse.gov/publication...acts/marijuana
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say it was rude, but it was definitely an odd situation. 14 year old girls outside at 2 am and you smoke weed on your front porch at 2am. I find both of those things a bit odd xD

What's wrong with your back yard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    if you mean 02:00 rather than 14:00 then I would ask
    "Wtf are 14 and 16 year olds doing out at this time of the morning ?"
    I'm not a girl, but I used to lay on driveways with girls at that time of night talking. Nothing wrong with that.

There's also nothing rude about what the OP was doing, but a couple teenage girls have every reason to be a bit uneasy about an older guy watching them from across the street at 2 AM. Not the OP's problem though.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I wouldn't say it was rude, but it was definitely an odd situation. 14 year old girls outside at 2 am and you smoke weed on your front porch at 2am. I find both of those things a bit odd xD

What's wrong with your back yard?
    No cute girls to look at!
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I think it's a bit rude because you're exposing something that's illegal (not sure where you live but in most places it IS illegal), to young people who probably (again, just an assumption) have never witnessed/participated in that activity themselves. So maybe just do it in your backyard and save everyone the uneasiness (for lack of a better word).
    A Random Australian for 18 years and counting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Given that it was over 6 years ago that they were together, as your attorney I advise you to tap that ass like a keg.
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    We don't see those types of items much anymore. Its mainly +400 stam + 300 str +120 crit rating. Not +20 stamina chance on hit to apply elder's special bad touch to target if target is under the age of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Depends entirely if you were staring at them or if you were just relaxing on your porch and smoking. The question is, wtf were two teenage girls doing outside at 2am.
    smoking weed?

I don't see how that's rude at all, especially if they are across the street. If it were next door and the wind was blowing it at them then maybe but even then I don't see the big deal. Where I previously lived a neighbor on the street would smoke pot regularly and the smell would fill our house even and we didn't care lol. Also was the 2am 2pm? What are those kids doing out that late?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Singen View Post
    I don't see how that's rude at all, especially if they are across the street. If it were next door and the wind was blowing it at them then maybe but even then I don't see the big deal. Where I previously lived a neighbor on the street would smoke pot regularly and the smell would fill our house even and we didn't care lol. Also was the 2am 2pm? What are those kids doing out that late?
    It's the summer. I was out that late in the summer pretty often as a teenager.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Why the hell would you smoke weed in front of people you don't know? Couldn't you of smoked it out back or in your house? You are asking for the cops to come to your house.
    Yeah but then he just says, "I'm sorry officer, I don't know what they smelled, but I only smoke the finest American, hand-rolled cigarettes, imported from the tobacco fields of Kentucky."

Or something like that. Then, he just stops smoking in front of his house. No problem.

Not rude. Not smart either.....unless of course you live in a place where weed is legal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rude no, smart? Nope.

It's werid. I hardly talk to the people that live near me and they have been here for years. I'm just not a big social person. I do not want them coming over anytime they want thinking we are good friends. I was walking back from the store and one of my nebiords saw me then offered me a ride. I talked to him and was polite. Really I rather have nothing to do with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Nonsense. If it's legal where he lives and he's on his own property, it's perfectly reasonable. Your suggestion that he unreasonably censor his behaviour is far more out of line, imo.
    I wonder if you'd say the same thing about a chap sat on his porch having a cigar and a beer.
    Your right about the assumption I would not mind if it was a cigar or a ciggarett or if he drank beer or wine. I see why someone would think that logic is flawed but my reasoning is as follows. Even though tobaco and alcohol is similar to things such as marijuana, the first mentioned are much more integrated in society than the latter. This makes it more ok.
    If he on the other hand drank too much so he got drunk, I would not think that would be ok. If you drink alcohol around youngsters/kids you must drink responsible.

10+ Year Old Account
    you shouldn't smoke an illegal narcotic in front of high school students, drugs are for losers

Deleted
    No, i don't think that is being rude. You were in were in your property, after all.
    Of course if they feel bad and uncomfortable, you can always delay your smoking until they leave.

They most likely left not because you were smoking, but because they thought you were just staring at them. CREEPO!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Honestly, the best reason not to do it is because they'd probably tell someone, like their parents. And not even to be spiteful. They'd tell because to a teenager, someone smoking weed is an amazing and interesting event that must be talked about. It's the way kids are.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're fine smoking weed outside, especially in said situation, though I think you're like of Flannel shirts is outrageous and rude.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    drugs are for losers
    im guessing you like a beer ?
    The same can be said about Drinking alcohol,

2009 stats http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/alcohol.htm
    Number of alcoholic liver disease deaths: 15,183
    15 Thousand people died due to liver disease alone in 2009 in the USA.

I would Link to a CDC stats regarding deaths caused by direct use of marijuana, however it would seem that they do not carry the stats. In fact after searching I cannot find anything regarding deaths directly caused by marijuana.

So please get off your high horse about saying "drugs are bad" when in this case the "Drug" (and I use that term loosely) in question is less lethal than alcohol.
    However I do agree with you that marijuana should be consumed in privately, which sitting on my porch (if I had one) at 2am in the morning I would consider to be in private.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2012-06-26 at 05:42 PM.