Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Wasn't rude at all. Why would it be?

15+ Year Old Account
    No. You smoked on your property, across the street is far away enough to not smell it, at an age of 14 or 16 you shouldn´t stay up that late and if it was rude to them it wouldn`t be too hard to confront you with it.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    im guessing you like a beer ?
    The same can be said about Drinking alcohol,

2009 stats http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/alcohol.htm
    Number of alcoholic liver disease deaths: 15,183
    15 Thousand people died due to liver disease alone in 2009 in the USA.

I would Link to a CDC stats regarding deaths caused by direct use of marijuana, however it would seem that they do not carry the stats. In fact after searching I cannot find anything regarding deaths directly caused by marijuana.

So please get off your high horse about saying "drugs are bad" when in this case the "Drug" (and I use that term loosely) in question is less lethal than alcohol.
    However I do agree with you that marijuana should be consumed in privately, which sitting on my porch (if I had one) at 2am in the morning I would consider to be in private.
    Thanks for the stats.

Marijuana is illegal.

OP, you couldn't smoke in your back yard, or wait for the witnesses to be gone? I would consider doing illegal drugs in front of teenagers to be rude, and more importantly illegal.

You want to make the argument that it shouldn't be illegal, then fine. But it is current illegal, end of story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Thanks for the stats.

Marijuana is illegal.

You want to make the argument that it shouldn't be illegal, then fine. But it is current illegal, end of story.
    Thanks for the update.

Honestly, I would dislike openly smoking reefer in front of teenagers, no doubt.
    But sitting on the front porch, drinking booze, smoking cigarettes, would be just as rude in my book.
    I do not wish to discuss whether or not it's a good thing it's illegal. To me, this rudeness is about giving examples, not legality.

Thanks for the stats.

Marijuana is illegal.

OP, you couldn't smoke in your back yard, or wait for the witnesses to be gone? I would consider doing illegal drugs in front of teenagers to be rude, and more importantly illegal.

I think the thing is, at least it is for me, is that you just want to smoke. You don't want to screw around waiting for a good time, you just want to smoke. I mean, smoking is supposed to be chill, relaxing, not all high-stress looking around for people watching. So it gets to the point where the fuck it switch gets flipped. If people are out, eff 'em! I'm smoking.

Also, jaywalking is illegal. Some laws we bend.

Is it considered rude to cross the street somewhere other than a designated crosswalk while in the presence of a 15 year old?
    Is it considered rude to listen to pirated music within earshot of a 15 year old?
    Is it considered rude to strike a vending machine because it stole your money (yes this is an actual law in some places) when a 15 year old can see you do it?

The legality of the act in question really shouldn't have much bearing in deciding whether or not it was rude. More to the point, who the fuck cares if it was rude? They are 15 year old girls. Getting hung up on whether or not you offended them? First world problem right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Flobaer View Post
    Well, perhaps they felt uneasy because it was... I don't know... a creepy dude watching teenage girls at two in the morning (while smoking weed).
    If the boldest part was the biggest concern with this issue we have bigger problems in this scenario. Where the fuck were the parents at 2 in the morning? Why should anyone doing anything (that's not causing noise) really care what someone else is doing on their porch? I don't like people who smoke weed more than the next guy, but the guy did nothing "wrong" from a moral standpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, what are two kids doing outside past curfew? Secondly, there's nothing wrong with lighting up a joint infront of some kids. I always find it funny when people get these crazed thoughts that smoking infront of kids if high up on the list of not to do, yet parents will spank their children for knocking over some milk... it's pretty pathetic... I can't stand conservative parents, grow up, it's just marijuana.

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut View Post
    You shouldn't smoke to begin with.
    you can't force your opinions on anyone else, keep your arrogant views to yourself please. thanks.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

So what if it's two in the morning? They were 15 ish people, not 7. In their own drive way....at their own house....in a relatively nice neighborhood at that. Has society really twisted and scared the lot of you into thinking sitting in your own drive way when you are three years away from legally being adult is cause for adult supervision? I would hate to be your child.

Quote Originally Posted by Flobaer View Post
    Well, perhaps they felt uneasy because it was... I don't know... a creepy dude watching teenage girls at two in the morning (while smoking weed).
    Pretty much this..
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Albert Einstein

Deleted
    well the sun gives alot of ppl cancer evry year YOU PPL WANT US TO KILL THE SUN? becuase SUN light can be BAD so lets KILL the sun.
    who cares if he do use weed its probly legal where he lives. People that say they dont want to be with other ppl that smoke are really narrow minded and selfish.

You all assume the girls where 14 but they could be as old as 17-18 and look younger.

Deleted
    Thanks for the stats.

Marijuana is illegal.

its illegal in certain countries / states. and unless I have missed it I don't think that the OP stated where he was located, or if he was in one of the 17 states where Legal Medical Marijuana is permitted.

Alcohol was prohibited for 13 years at the beginning of the 20th century in the US. Some laws are Stupid and just take time to be overturned.

Lets not make this a debate about the legality of it. The debate is whether or not the OP was rude by lighting up on his property in the middle of the night. Not if it was legal, or moral. Would we be having this discussion if the OP lit up a Tobacco pipe in the middle of the night on his porch ?

hard to say, the smell weed is pretty nasty in my opinion, smells like dog shit and it can stink up a large area. dont get me wrong, normal cigs smell bad too but the area of effect isnt as big. plus its creepy that you are across from 2 teenage girls smoking weed, they probably thought you were staring at them
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy1346 View Post
    hard to say, the smell weed is pretty nasty in my opinion, smells like dog shit and it can stink up a large area.
    What the actual captain's beard are you getting to smoke over there?
    Here, it smells like lots of things, different sorts, some really distinct, but not anything anywhere near any shit-smell.

Deleted
    Dangerous or not, you're smoking an illegal drug. Forget everything else=

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Here, it smells like lots of things, different sorts, some really distinct, but not anything anywhere near any shit-smell.
    The most common, at least in California, is skunk and it smells exactly like it's namesake. In my opinion, it smells horrible. The "lovely" gentlemen in the apartment next to mine are constantly smoking it (despite the landlord's strict no smoking policy) and it carries incredibly well.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Marijuana is illegal.

Depends on where he lives. Don't forget posters here are a wide, wide range of nationalities.
    Of course if it is illegal where he lives, he'd be better off being more discreet about his marijuana usage, for his own benefit if nothing else.
    I still don't personally consider it rude though.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

was not rude at all
    they should be happy that youre giving them second hand tokes
    If theyre 14-16 and they dont/havent smoked weed theyre probably no uptight anyways

<SNIP>
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-06-27 at 08:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    sounds like he is getting ditchweed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not understand how that could be considered rude in any way shape or form. Unless of course you're street is 2 feet wide and you do not have a lawn, then your smoke might have bothered them.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."