Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thoughts on new Jeweled Onyx Panther

http://www.wowhead.com/news=204292/m...afting-preview

To make this mount you have to "Jeweled Onyx Panther is a new flying panther mount made by Jewelcrafters. It appears to be crafted by fusing together four other new Jewelcrafting mounts: Dawnstone Panther, Emerald Panther, Ruby Panther, Sapphire Panther. They each take 5x Living Stone--based on the vendor sell price, they seem pretty expensive and/or rare"

So I am wondering since a JC has to make all 4 of above mounts to combine them to make the Jeweled Onyx Panther flying one...how costly does everyone think it will be....not sure I would want to have to make 8 of these mounts to have the first 4 of the different colors added to my main then have to remake another 4 to get the Jeweled Onyx Panther added to my inventory of mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    not sure I would want to have to make 8 of these mounts to have the first 4 of the different colors added to my main then have to remake another 4 to get the Jeweled Onyx Panther added to my inventory of mounts.
    Maybe it isn't for you then? Gold sinks like this is exactly what the game needs to keep inflation in check.

Expensive...

It doesn't look bad, but for that price, i rather have the Onyx one seeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Its likely to be very expensive. Moreso for myself because I want these and I'll have to level JC all over again hahaha

I'm not sure If I like the actual looks of them yet, I'm kinda in the middle atm. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but didn't the Power Rangers change into panthers or something, they remind me of some kids show..

Anyhoo, if I decide I like them then I'll just take my time and probably take all expansion to make them all, it is a little harsh, but then it's not required, so it's up to the individual if they want to put the effort into making them

Unless I'm heavily wrong, the price is in no way final. Sell price of an item is 25 % of vendor buy price, meaning one dawnstone would cost 125k (25kx5) and a mount would cost 625k (125kx5), bringing the total gold for all 5 mounts to 5 million gold. No way this is final.

I highly doubt that it'll cost that much, remember those are still beta numbers, and in no way near final.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    I'm not sure If I like the actual looks of them yet, I'm kinda in the middle atm. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but didn't the Power Rangers change into panthers or something, they remind me of some kids show..

Anyhoo, if I decide I like them then I'll just take my time and probably take all expansion to make them all, it is a little harsh, but then it's not required, so it's up to the individual if they want to put the effort into making them
    Its a reference to Voltron. Anime from the 80's...kinda inspired Power Rangers. 5 robot lions turn into a robot fighting machine with a sword. The black lion had wings and the red, green, blue, and yellow didn't. It was a fantastic show. On a side not can you really say it reminds you of a kids show if you have My little Pony?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltron
    Last edited by wanax; 2012-06-26 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alskonda View Post
    Unless I'm heavily wrong, the price is in no way final. Sell price of an item is 25 % of vendor buy price, meaning one dawnstone would cost 125k (25kx5) and a mount would cost 625k (125kx5), bringing the total gold for all 5 mounts to 5 million gold. No way this is final.
    I agree with you, it can't really be the final price, it makes more sense that it would be 25k per stone rather than 125k.

Deleted
    i think you will only need to make 4 of these to get the jeweled one not 8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReLaXeD View Post
    i think you will only need to make 4 of these to get the jeweled one not 8
    If I want all 5 of these gem cats in my mains inventory then I still have to make 8....4 of the first colored ones ...red..green..yellow and blue...then make 4 more to combine into a Onyx one..its listed on wowhead that you need all 4 colors to combine them to make the Onyx one. As to person said about cost I am far from being poor in game...first day of MoP live I will be buying the passenger Yak mount right off before I do a thing in MoP live. I am just asking what most think if they really want all 5 colors....what cost and time it will be....these mounts will be shared with all your toons on your account anyway that was announced by blizzard yesterday. I don't mind spending the time and acquire the mats to make all 5 ....I just wonder how those that can't spend the countless hours in game to farm up enough gold and mats feel. Seems like a really hefty prices even to those that have enough gold to make them.

Deleted
    JC definitely needed something extra to make gold,thats what I think

10+ Year Old Account
    given that these mounts are not in the beta yet, and datamined info is to some extent wrong.. i think there is more to come on this story. although just based off of the info we CAN see... it seems this task is gonna be a great special snowflake milestone. you may not like the look of it, but given the possible insane pricing, not many will have all of them until much later in the expansion. i dont care how many people have them, if this is the final version then i really hope a bunch of people want some or all of these, since im a JC.. i plan to sell as many as possible to pay for the creation of my own. i might not be the first girl on the server with one.. but ill have one soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Its a reference to Voltron. Anime from the 80's...kinda inspired Power Rangers. 5 robot lions turn into a robot fighting machine with a sword. The black lion had wings and the red, green, blue, and yellow didn't. It was a fantastic show. On a side not can you really say it reminds you of a kids show if you have My little Pony?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltron
    Thanks for that!

You missunderstand I didn't use *kids show* as a derogatory comment, I just meant it literally as it was intended, it was a kids show I'm 30 years old, and I love kids shows!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    25k x 4=100k per Living Stone
    So that's 500k per Panther, and you need a total of 8 if you want all 4+the final one.
    4 million gold for 5 mounts is a bit OTT, even with MoP inflation.

Anyway, I really, really doubt that these are the final mats as well. Probably just a placeholder until release.
    Sighz that is what I was thinking....that kind of cost would differently encourage tons more of gold buying by players, many of us been in game long enough to know the vanity of player base and when they see a pretty like this...it will really encourage more and more gold buying ...especially with players that can only play a few hours a week and don't have tons of free time to farm up stuff.

Is anyone else finding all this Gold Sinking stuff getting out of hand?

3'000 isnt too bad for a cloud serpent.. if there weren't 9 of them to collect - So that's 27'000

Then you have the Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak for about 60'000

Then 6 Dragon Turtle mounts for 3'000 each, so that's another 18'000.

So we're on 105'000 worth of mounts for the Gold-hoarders, even before we get to the Jewelled panthers.

Even if we said the price was cut massively to 50'000 a panther, you'd still have to pay 400'000 in order to get the full set AND the Epic combined version.

So... this brings us up to about 500'000 worth of mounts for the people that need a gold sink, and this isnt even including all of the mounts and gear that will be available in the Black Market Auction House.

Sure, Beta is beta, and I know we'll get more gold from quests etc, but the way it's looking now I think if you don't develop amazing business skills soon, or spend most of your time awake farming or learning to play the AH like a pro, you're barely going to be able to buy even half the stuff in MoP.

...unless Blizzard introduces a Gold Store

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

3'000 isnt too bad for a cloud serpent.. if there weren't 9 of them to collect - So that's 27'000

So we're on 105'000 worth of mounts for the Gold-hoarders, even before we get to the Jewelled panthers.

Even if we said the price was cut massively to 50'000 a panther, you'd still have to pay 400'000 in order to get the full set AND the Epic combined version.

So... this brings us up to about 500'000 worth of mounts for the people that need a gold sink, and this isnt even including all of the mounts and gear that will be available in the Black Market Auction House.

Sure, Beta is beta, and I know we'll get more gold from quests etc, but the way it's looking now I think if you don't develop amazing business skills soon, or spend most of your time awake farming or learning to play the AH like a pro, you're barely going to be able to buy even half the stuff in MoP.

no, not at all.

its not like youre required to own any of the mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by greenn View Post
    no, not at all.

its not like youre required to own any of the mounts.
    That's really selfish.
    Why should only people who play the AH be rewarded with cool mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Alskonda View Post
    The economy inflates with each new expansion, so it is possible, but would probably be in line with expected inflation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

I doubt that the dragon turtles will be 3000G each.
    these mounts are class mounts,and as such they should be buyable by a new character that has reached Level 20. I doubt any new level 20 char will have 3k gold to buy a mount.
    I guess either they will all drop in price, or at least some of them will...

I also hope for the JC mounts to drop in price. 100k for a crafted mounts looks a bit silly.
    Last edited by mmoc7f082fdd70; 2012-06-26 at 01:37 PM. Reason: typo