Fire not making sense.

I know I have horrid gear so I won't bother posting my Mage. I do however have to admit I am lost to Fire. It isn't that the rotation is hard but that rather I run out of mana or well... Pretty much the mana thing. I know my crit is low but that comes from recently getting to cap.

As Fire my average dps ranges to about 13k ish maybe and arcane is about 15k or so. Does Arcane just do better at lower levels of gear or am I doing something wrong. Currently I go:

Open with Pyro then: LB>Fire Orb>FB. When I have ignite and LB up I combustion and Pyro! when i get a double proc. Am I having mana issues because I don't crit enough?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%AEr/simple if you really wanna know. I know spirit is crap but better then what I had. Also is my spec right?
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

I think there is a good chance I'm being trolled... but:

Do you know why when you click your armory link, that Spirit is not listed under "Base Stats"? It's because Spirit is useless for mages. Your mana regen is based off of Intellect.
    "Back in my day sonny, when I was God and was worshipped because I raided during Chocolate, the computer monitor punched you in the mouth if you botched your rotation. Things were hard. And I mean harder than hard. I am soo xxx hardcorez xxx. You are a nub, and I am a super elite raider because I happened to play before any expansions. By gosh, I had to walk uphill BOTH WAYS to get to and from orgrimmar. " --The 1337 vanilla player who is inexplicably always better than you. No matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuma View Post
    I think there is a good chance I'm being trolled... but:

Do you know why when you click your armory link, that Spirit is not listed under "Base Stats"? It's because Spirit is useless for mages. Your mana regen is based off of Intellect.
    I know... I said my gear was bad but the int bonus was better then what I had before. It was more of an ignore the gear and look at my build
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.

with great gear, comes great dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmot View Post
    with great gear, comes great dps.
    Jesus... -.-'

Okay... Is fire prone to going oom if I don't have a crit chance about 25%?

Is my build wrong?

Is Arcane doing better?

Every spec is prone to go OOM at your gear level. Every spec that has mana, at least.

Deleted
    Mana can be an issue for fire, that is for sure, mana gem and evocation are your friends.

Even at madness HC in near full HC gear you still have challanges with mana, though at most fights its an ignorable factor.

Your build is somewhat wrong in the fire anyways. Unless you pvp Improved Fire blast is a waste of 2 talent points, as you should nearly never cast it anyways and if you do... Early fire for sure, exchange the 2 points to arcane concentration.
    Some people put the 2 points into Improved scorch so it becomes free and you always have something to cast even when OOM.

Your rotation doesnt mention Critical mass at all, which is a 5% crit debuff on your target, you need to keep this up with either a Pyroblast (or Pyroblast! via hot streak) or a scorch. A default fight you start with a hard cast pyroblast while the tank pulls then LB FO FB
    Keeping LB up and FO on cd.

Glyph of evocation is pretty much manditory for both arcane and fire.
    In general glyph of Pyroblast > that of LB.
    Arcane power glyph for your arcane spec too.

Arcane when properly played is very powerfull and can rule fire even more so at lower gear levels at the moment.
    Stick with fire though as it is a bit more versatile and over all (IMHO) more powerfull.

Quote Originally Posted by namliam View Post
    Mana can be an issue for fire, that is for sure, mana gem and evocation are your friends.

Even at madness HC in near full HC gear you still have challanges with mana, though at most fights its an ignorable factor.

Your build is somewhat wrong in the fire anyways. Unless you pvp Improved Fire blast is a waste of 2 talent points, as you should nearly never cast it anyways and if you do... Early fire for sure, exchange the 2 points to arcane concentration.
    Some people put the 2 points into Improved scorch so it becomes free and you always have something to cast even when OOM.

Your rotation doesnt mention Critical mass at all, which is a 5% crit debuff on your target, you need to keep this up with either a Pyroblast (or Pyroblast! via hot streak) or a scorch. A default fight you start with a hard cast pyroblast while the tank pulls then LB FO FB
    Keeping LB up and FO on cd.

Glyph of evocation is pretty much manditory for both arcane and fire.
    In general glyph of Pyroblast > that of LB.
    Arcane power glyph for your arcane spec too.

Arcane when properly played is very powerfull and can rule fire even more so at lower gear levels at the moment.
    Stick with fire though as it is a bit more versatile and over all (IMHO) more powerfull.
    Agree with this post. In almost BiS, I have to perfectly execute my usage of mana gems and evocates (and a few armor swaps while running) to be able to have mana throughout madness HC. I've literally been using the same system for gems and evocates for the past 20 weeks or so on that fight.

damn keep playing wow!! if you manage to pull 15k dps in this piece of shit gear then u will be an awesome mage once geared... or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    9 unechanted items. 8 empty sockets. No reforging. That amounts to a fair bit of DPS.

Also in your spec, taking Improved Fire Blast is a waste. Move those two points to either Arcane Concentration or Improved Scorch. Early gear levels below 372 had to utilize Scorch to keep from going OOM. I'm not 100% sure if there have been any major changes in T 12 & 13 that change this. Regardless, take the advice from posts above and get some gems and enchants. Even if they're not the best they'll increase your dps.

a spec's dps viability utterly depends on the level of gear available.

Deleted
    Did you pay gold for your ring?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire is VERY gear and raid dependant. If you do not have the gear. You will do crappy dps. If you do not have the buffs given by raid members. You will do crappy dps. If you have bad RNG. You will again, do crappy dps.

Yes, more crit you have less mana problems you will have. Fire is very touchy. For gearing up; I highly recommend Arcane or even Frost. You'll get much better results. Fire is just horrendous with the gear you have. Not to mention the amount of spirit you have... I would actually think it would be an upgrade to buy some ilvl333 gear and drop all of that spirit. Not even joking. That's a ton of stats you're missing out on.

Your should have more haste than crit, since it will cause more DoT procs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manisher View Post
    Your should have more haste than crit, since it will cause more DoT procs
    To a percent. Only to a percent.

http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t129638-...onal_DOT_Ticks

Read this and match as closely as possible. The rest should go into Crit as your primary.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiredmana View Post
    To a percent. Only to a percent.

http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t129638-...onal_DOT_Ticks

Read this and match as closely as possible. The rest should go into Crit as your primary.
    I think he meant that more haste means faster casts meaning more hot streak procs, not about the extra DoT ticks.

Not that it makes his information right anyway lol.

Well the most notable thing that affects dps is spellpower, you are sitting at 6.6K. Where as on my mage in almost BiS gear sits at 10K+.

10+ Year Old Account
    your 13% below hit cap. Every time you crit, you get mana back. To crit, you need your spells to hit....
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.