Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Megathread] Runescape - RS 2007 Servers Launched

Hello RuneScape(rs)

I've decided to create a thread based on the MMORPG RuneScape. This thread will be the "Grand Exchange" If you will, of all information.
    You can talk about anything RuneScape related here with other players and maybe you'll find the answer to that quest you've been stuck on for a while. Other topics may include:
    • Skilling
    • Quests
    • PvP
    • PvM

And so on.
    So now, please go ahead and talk to your hearts consent about RuneScape.

----------------------

I will get the discussion going: What do you think about the "Evolution of Combat"? What do you think its good points and bad points are?
    Last edited by mmoc7672d2b5b3; 2012-06-27 at 02:32 PM.

Deleted
    I quit it 6+ years ago but still like the game. It's just that every time I try, I have no idea what to do, the game has changed so much:P

Is it worth getting back to now? And if yes, then is trading still the best way to make $$?

Deleted
    I personally have played runescape on and off for like 7 years, and I'm pretty happy about the whole evolution of combat, I mean sometimes it is nice to leave your character just attacking something, it makes it easy to do other things at the same time, but now rs should be a lot more interactive in terms of combat, and I really like that. The duel wielding sounds especially cool as well, always been wanting that in game, and the new combat stances look really nice also.

It really is up to you whether it is worth getting into, I personally don't pay for a subscription because I have rift atm, but there are some tempting features.

Whilst I'm here I'll link all of the behind the scenes videos that give information on the evolution of combat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XYqF...7&feature=plcp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSNiE...feature=relmfu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3bBM...feature=relmfu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY9np...feature=relmfu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t95NW...1&feature=plcp
    Last edited by mmoc383018dc8a; 2012-06-27 at 11:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I quit it 6+ years ago but still like the game. It's just that every time I try, I have no idea what to do, the game has changed so much:P

Is it worth getting back to now? And if yes, then is trading still the best way to make $$?
    It's always worth trying to play even if you don't know exactly what you're doing. I'm sure If you ask for help someone will surely come to your aid. I'd say trading is in certain ways but other skills now make money too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    I personally have played runescape on and off for like 7 years, and I'm pretty happy about the whole evolution of combat, I mean sometimes it is nice to leave your character just attacking something, it makes it easy to do other things at the same time, but now rs should be a lot more interactive in terms of combat, and I really like that. The duel wielding sounds especially cool as well, always been wanting that in game, and the new combat stances look really nice also.
    I agree its always nice to be able to multi-task whilst playing RuneScape but now you've got a adrenaline bar and spells, this'll make RuneScape a lot more interactive and appealing to new consumers. Duel wielding sounds insane I can't wait too see what people come up with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuronohi View Post
    It's always worth trying to play even if you don't know exactly what you're doing. I'm sure If you ask for help someone will surely come to your aid. I'd say trading is in certain ways but other skills now make money too.
    Are you saying skills like mining(when you cant mine rune ore yet), smithing, fishing etc. can make money too now? I quit soon after they introduced slayer and it could make decent money, abyssal whips cost quite a bit then as well as granite mauls.. or is it just the new skills?

Deleted
    Are you saying skills like mining(when you cant mine rune ore yet), smithing, fishing etc. can make money too now? I quit soon after they introduced slayer and it could make decent money, abyssal whips cost quite a bit then as well as granite mauls.. or is it just the new skills?
    Mining, Fishing I'd say can make good money depending on your level. Slayer can make a nice profit but depending on your level as well. It's all about collecting huge quantities of things and then selling them on the Grand Exchange.

Abyssal Whips and Granite Mauls have gone steeply down by the way.

I'm just waiting on that Runescape2006 thing to get up and running. I've not played RS in quite a few years, but when I last tried it, I hated the direction they'd taken it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    I'm just waiting on that Runescape2006 thing to get up and running. I've not played RS in quite a few years, but when I last tried it, I hated the direction they'd taken it in.
    yep, agreed. was the greatest game in 2006 now it's crap
    this game sucks

So far I like the look of the Evolution of Combat. Looks to be more fun than click and wait while occasionally use a special attack and heal yourself or move around etc.

Played it before I played WoW, but not sure if I could go back. The grind on skills would likely bore me now while back then I was too... naive...? Also the camera is a bother to me. I prefer having camera controls with mouse movement like in WoW.

I did love the quests though, solving puzzles and what not instead of farming drops or monsters.

Overall, don't think I could go back... But it's still a nice game. =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    yep, agreed. was the greatest game in 2006 now it's crap
    Please define of what makes it so "crap"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    The reason I quit was because they turned it communist and limited free trade.. and removed wilderness. However, Ive heard that they removed these changes now. Which direction has it taken then thats so negative? I've been out of the loop for a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    So far I like the look of the Evolution of Combat. Looks to be more fun than click and wait while occasionally use a special attack and heal yourself or move around etc.

Played it before I played WoW, but not sure if I could go back. The grind on skills would likely bore me now while back then I was too... naive...? Also the camera is a bother to me. I prefer having camera controls with mouse movement like in WoW.

I did love the quests though, solving puzzles and what not instead of farming drops or monsters.

Overall, don't think I could go back... But it's still a nice game. =)
    It mixes it up a bit doesn't it? Changes the way everything is and has been in RuneScape and could possibly make or break the game. I love the grind I really do I feel more accomplishment than I do in World of Warcraft achievements. I must admit the camera is slightly annoying but its nothing major and doesn't affect my game play.

The puzzling solving in RuneScape keeps me fixated for hours.

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 12:05 PM ----------

The reason I quit was because they turned it communist and limited free trade.. and removed wilderness. However, Ive heard that they removed these changes now. Which direction has it taken then thats so negative? I've been out of the loop for a long time.
    Just to clarify - They've put the wilderness back and I believe limited trade is still in play.

I played it way back when, and tried to take it up again back in april. I just couldn't get into it anymore. My biggest gripe about it was that nothing stacked. Each time I would mine a chunk of ore would take up an inventory space.

I'm so going to try this game again whenever the new combat system drops. It looks like it'll make the combat a lot less dreadful. This game was totally my thing in middle school. I spent sooo many hours playing it with my classmates, it'd be nice to go back to it, as different as it is. I noticed that it is slightly more expensive to be a member now, which is kind of meh...

Don't think I could play it again, wish they didn't upgrade the graphics in 08 or whatever it was, looked so much better in the old style.
    Do have fond memories of doing nothing but range training one summer holiday.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been 6 years since I played RS. My friend, who still plays, showed me the "Evolution of Combat" which made me want to try out the game again; my biggest gripe with the game was it's click and wait combat and this patch really tackles it.
    "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints." --Billy Joel

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "happy". They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” --John Lennon

Deleted
    the combat is going to evolve into d3/torchlight style without too many skills, unless you are a mage.

I've played the evolution of combat. It's full of potential, but needs work.

I've always loved the quests. This is a really underrated game because everyone thinks back to the terrible "runescape classic" whenever the name gets brought up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was so much fun back in the day, but it looks like it's kinda moving toward hotbar combat, and I have WoW which does it better... although looking back and realizing how many hours I spent mining ore.... so embarrassing.

I'm a old Runescape player, I wonder how much my yo-yo would sell for if I could sell it.