Long distance running

Found this crazy old man, he's just about to finish his 3rd coast to coast(in the US) since 2007. Will have taken him 97 days. Not too shabby for a 64 year old.

Job: Retired since 2010, former economics reporter for the Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet in Stockholm.

Training: A great deal, often long distances, but mostly playful and adventurous. No background in sports and began to run at the age of 35. He has run for 30 years, a total of about 135 000 km equivalent of three times around the world. Calculated on the last ten years he's run an average of 6600 km or 120-130 km / week.

Family: Wife and five children, two live at home.

Ultra runs: Does not compete but has made ​​several very long solo runs in Sweden and the U.S., including:

* 2004 Stockholm-Gothenburg, 520 km with a backpack
    * 2005 Chicago-New Orleans, 1600 km with a backpack
    * 2006 Stockholm-Kramfors, 600 km with babyjogger
    * 2007 Coast to Coast in the United States, 5100 km in 95 days from Florence, Oregon to Virginia Beach, VA
    * 2008 Denver, CO Oklamhoma City, OK, 1000 km with babyjogger with my brother Jan on rolerblades
    * 2010 Coast to Coast in the United States, 5320 km in 101 days solo from Westport, WA to Tybee Island, GA
    * 2011 Stockholm-Molle, 630 km in 11 days with babyjogger

Anyways whats the longest distance you've run? How long did it take?
    I've done roughly 70 km in 24 hours. Run 2 half marathons as well.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-06-27 at 10:30 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    To the front door and/or phone. Maybe 10m at a push. Took a few seconds. Never again.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2012-06-27 at 10:29 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Running on the beach during an hour for the distance of 10 km

15+ Year Old Account
    Usually run about 6km 3 times a week (same track in the woods) at about 30min for maintenance.

Deleted
    I rarely run, I prefer cycling. However, the most I ran was 5km around the track. Don't remember how long did it take me.

I've done a half marathon before but I was going for time and not distance so I should be able to increase that, hopefully will try a full marathon in the next few years

no matter where i run, some dude thats twice my age will blow by me making me look stupid (er)

10+ Year Old Account
    3KM. It's not much but I prefer cycling personally. I rarely run.
    Last edited by Lancer; 2012-07-13 at 02:25 PM.

Deleted
    10 km 5 times a week. So around 50 km on a week.
    I usually run the 10 km on 42-45 mins. Personal record is 38,5 though.

Longest distance I ever ran was 31 km last year, took me 2 hours and 35 minutes.

21km for Tough Mudder.
    Second longest? 2.4k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space