having no friends, no guild, no past friends from wow or anything..

makes looking forward to this game kind of suck :/

I'm extremely excited, but I hate the fact that I might end up exploring and enjoying the first few levels alone before I find a guild. Having friends or like minded and skilled people playing with you helps experience all of the content and in a funner way.

forever alone

Go find a guild on the server, be open and friendly to players around you, you'll meet new players along the way.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually looking forward to stepping into a new place to make new friends. Brings back memories of FFXI, not knowing anyone, and just building up a circle of buddies I would regularly group/sky with. Like the above poster said: just be friendly and the rest will come naturally.

Deleted
    I'm actually glad that I fell out with the bunch of tossers that was my old guild. Sure, it's lonely and it sucks, but I've been making friends here, and will likely be playing with them when GW2 comes out.

I rather like the idea of stumbling into a world and doing my own thing, rather than having the guild officers go "hey guys, we're all gonna go quest here in this place that you dont like"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1brink View Post
    makes looking forward to this game kind of suck :/

I'm extremely excited, but I hate the fact that I might end up exploring and enjoying the first few levels alone before I find a guild. Having friends or like minded and skilled people playing with you helps experience all of the content and in a funner way.

forever alone
    You could, at the very least, join the MMOC guild. We don't really care if you're a regular poster or not - we're just a social guild after all.

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    I'm actually glad that I fell out with the bunch of tossers that was my old guild.
    In a way, I agree. I miss some of the true good buddies I had back in Stasis on Boulderfist, like that stereotypical "old man" of the guild who eventually quit to spend more time with his family, and a small handful of others, but in general I'm glad to be rid of that group. I was your stereotypical "negative officer" all the time, because I had absolutely no faith in the 50% of the guild that lacked skill, and the 50% that were actually skilled were generally unlikeable.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-06-27 at 05:21 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You could, at the very least, join the MMOC guild.
    I was just about to suggest that.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Closing this down. There's a guild recruitment thread where you can let others know you're looking for a guild to play with, or you can toss in with the forums guild. But individual threads like this tend to clutter the forum so we try to keep then to a minimum.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...uitment-Thread

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ild-Wars-Guild