Thread: [mop]

Deleted

[mop]

First Simcraft results can be seen on Simcraft.org and Spriest are in comparism to Warlock really underpowered. Can't say weather the WLs damage is over the top are weather Spriests are again one of the weakest DD in patchwerk fights :/

what do you think? Something to worry or just wait and hope for reform.

Edit: SOrry failed with the Title :/
    Last edited by mmocaa34716105; 2012-06-27 at 02:01 PM.

Deleted
    logs from raid testing would say otherwise.
    i'm expecting a spriest nerf really

Deleted
    Combatlogs saying something different?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to say, but someone has to be the weakest. Even though these logs may not be completely accurate, and damage is far from balanced since beta is beta (this saying should be plastered at the top of the screen, seriously), one class is going to be at the top and one class is going to be at the bottom. It's kind of difficult to balance every single DPS spec to do around the same DPS. Gameplay, knowledge of the rotation and so on also plays a role.

All in all, I wouldn't be too concerned with it.

Simcraft isn't a real raid, its a great tool for testing and that is all. Look at the results for the current live classes and it had shadow down the bottom of the list with frost mages but we know in current heroic raids it is in the top 2 dps on almost every fight.

http://simulationcraft.org/432/Raid_T13H.html
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/

Not only that but beta still changing frequently and that sim is done with t13 set bonuses which i think don't work well with the new talent changes.
    Last edited by Derpyhooves; 2012-06-27 at 02:47 PM.

pure dps classes should have the highest dps as that is all they do

Quote Originally Posted by meifumado View Post
    pure dps classes should have the highest dps as that is all they do
    What a stupid thing to say. How about priests should be the best healers because they have 2 healing specs? Druids should be the worst tanks because they have 3 other specs that are not for tanking. Makes no sense.

Why on earth should another spec you don't use have any effect on the spec you play?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post
    What a stupid thing to say. How about priests should be the best healers because they have 2 healing specs? Druids should be the worst tanks because they have 3 other specs that are not for tanking. Makes no sense.

Why on earth should another spec you don't use have any effect on the spec you play?
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Hybrid_Tax
    But yeah, I'm with meifumado, pure DPS classes should be higher dps than hybrids, glad it's finally happening
    though I do expect things to look very different come release.

Yes I am well aware of the concept but it makes no sense and obviously blizzard agrees since ghostcrawler posted some time ago there is no hybrid tax. All dps specs can provide some utility, just because one class can throw out some weak heals why should their dps be penalised any more than a class that can provide cc or interupts or battle rez?

What you are suggesting is that only 4 out of 11 classes be viable for dps. Dumb idea for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Derpyhooves; 2012-06-27 at 03:24 PM.

blizzard statet several times that there is no such thing a a hybrid tax and that so calle pure dps classes are not supposed to deal more dmg than hybrids
    Thanks for that awesome signature i4ni

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ck/Ravy/simple

Deleted
    Numbers are NOT final and patchwerk fights are not the best way to compare specs. It's just as Derpyhooves says, also think it that way: why are you going to take hybrids if, according to the "hybrid tax", they will ALWAYS be worse than pure dps classes?

class =//= spec
    spec --> role

If you want to make fair comparisons, you need to do them spec vs spec, not class vs class. This is not about priest vs warlock, it's SHADOW priest vs DEMONOLOGY warlock vs AFFLICTION warlock vs DESTRUCTION warlock.

It's the same as saying that warlocks can always be pseudotanks because they can always use glyphed metamorphosis: false.

Considering how retarded are some (no some..MOST OF) "pure" classes the only taxes that have to be applied is the one where affli locks, any mages, Muti/Combat rogues, hunters should belong: at the bottom of the list. I mean, behind the tank because that's the place that suits "pures" the most, the very end of the barrel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't GC specifically talk about Spriests still being worked on and not being done yet, rotation wise? I wouldn't worry too much about these early numbers, cause of that. Besides from what I saw of the logs of the Blood Legion beta raids Spriests were doing fine. Also, Simcraft is a bit unbalanced still, is my guess, cause they had Demo numbers at below 50k the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyna View Post
    blizzard statet several times that there is no such thing a a hybrid tax and that so calle pure dps classes are not supposed to deal more dmg than hybrids
    Just to reiterate Blizzard has said many times that there is no hybrid tax because if there was it would discourage groups from bringing those classes.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Didn't GC specifically talk about Spriests still being worked on and not being done yet, rotation wise? I wouldn't worry too much about these early numbers, cause of that. Besides from what I saw of the logs of the Blood Legion beta raids Spriests were doing fine. Also, Simcraft is a bit unbalanced still, is my guess, cause they had Demo numbers at below 50k the other day.
    Well it was said that the next build should answer lots of questions about the shadow spec... which seems to indicate there should be some substantial changes to it.
    (Source)

right now the "pure" dps warlocks have more ways to heal themselves during the combat compared to the "hybrid" priests that lost their passive "dps to heal" abiliity, and gained 2 healing spells that can be used without jumping out of a "form". so yeah. let warlocks and others heal themselves more than a hybrid and whine about hybrids doing high dps.

seems legit.

Is it just me, or do the priest sims seem high? Sw: D and Mindbender, both look like they're hitting about 3x as hard as they actually do...

That SIM is outdated by quite a few builds now. For instance, that SIM doesn't included mastery ticks proccing because it was bugged then and considered not a feature; however, GC recently said it should be proccing. That instantly increases the value of mastery and makes DPS go up.

Also, since that SIM warlocks have went through a string of nerfs and buffs to bring their DPS down.

In other words I wouldn't worry about comparing classes and specs until after release. However, SIMs do have a place until then to test our own class/spec with stat weights and such if the program is updated constantly to match current beta builds.