The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

What professions for a monk?

What are the best professions to use for a brewmaster / windwalker monk? (professions for the best possible stats)
    Right now on my warrior, I use jewelcrafting and blacksmithing because of the extra sockets and jewelcrafting +67 gems. Should I use the same professions on my future monk or something else?

All professions minus the gathering are pretty much on par with each other. You do get the bonus stats from BS right now do to epic gems. Honestly unless your in a top guild competing for world firsts min/maxing is kind of pointless. Unless that bonus +stats means that much to you or if your a tank and want to have abit more flexibility with your gemming pick what you feel is most fun/beneficial to you. Personally myself I am going JC/Alch for bonus on flasks and transmute and to cut my own gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you plan on also leveling up your warrior, I'd think it would make sense to give your monk completely different professions, perhaps mining to help supply free ore and gems to your warrior. If not, I'd suggest really anything you like. Obviously JC/BS is a powerful combination and will remain powerful in the expansion, but the extra sockets and gems really only make a difference for top raiders, as Ndogg mentioned.

If you want try a new profession, Inscription might be cool. They will make staves come MoP. And of course Alchemy is both a good money-maker and powerful (that is if you're into using potions and elixirs).

Personally, I am going JC/Mining, then eventually dropping Mining for Enchanting. Jewelcrafting is too fun for me not to get even though I already have a toon with it.

Deleted
    if youre min maxing your tank specc jc/bs will alsways be the best choice as most crafting professions only allow to chose between primary attributes whereas jc and bs also let you pick secondary ones. alas tanks picked mastery over sta this expansion which might likely be the same in mop and only jc/bs allowed you to enhance those as profession perks.

I'm not 100% sure what professions I will be going with for my Mistweaver, but I would recommend Blacksmithing & Jewelcrafting again for any tank. The Sockets & Additional Gems are just a fantastic bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    For rogues, DKs, Feral kitty druids, Fury Warriors, Ret Paladins, and the up-and-coming Windwalker, Engineering is a pretty great prof. Not only do you have the standard x average of a primary stat, it comes in burst form, which is ALWAYS useful, and they have additional tinkers and, of course, bombs. The bombs can be used to help fill in rotational gaps, which occurs often in all the classes I listed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    I'm not 100% sure what professions I will be going with for my Mistweaver, but I would recommend Blacksmithing & Jewelcrafting again for any tank. The Sockets & Additional Gems are just a fantastic bonus.

What professions do you not have on any chars? What professions do you wish you had on a char? What profession will you actually use?
    What is your primary focus on your new monk (PvP or PvE)? What spec do you plan on playing?
    How good are you at WoW (bad = doesn't matter what professions, good = mix/max)?

If you don't want to take the time to think about which professions to choose but still want good stat bonuses for anything you go, you are better off just going BS and JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiding Caves Since 1921 View Post