Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimp View Post
    coming from a prot pve warrior
    Then why are you posting? It's a thread aimed at PvP, PvE has nothing to do with this. It's even in the title.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Is this true guys, anyone tested? copied from wow official forums. If it is i will be a happy man.

Tested "Double Time" talent after the most recent Beta Build
    And it's now working just like the Monks roll, as I really wanted it to be.
    You have 2 charges of charge (lol).
    Once you use the first charge; the 20 second cooldown starts ticking.
    Rather than the previous version of double time; which would first trigger the 20sec Cooldown once you've charged twice.
    It reminds me a lot of Charge > Intercept like, like we used to have.
    It's fantastic, got a lot to look forward to, Warriors.

Deleted
    It is truth, but it's not working as it should (at least for me). Once you use the skill, you lose one charge and the CD starts to tick. However, you can't use the skill again until 12 seconds have passed, even if you still have one charge left. I suppose it's not intended, because then it will be useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    It is truth, but it's not working as it should (at least for me). Once you use the skill, you lose one charge and the CD starts to tick. However, you can't use the skill again until 12 seconds have passed, even if you still have one charge left. I suppose it's not intended, because then it will be useless.
    Oh well lets hope it's a bug and that it works like it should on release, loved it in wotlk with charge and intercept and this looks pretty damn close to that. Please blizz let this work and for the love of all that is holy let it go to launch and dont nerf it.

Another problem i see is that if you spam it you use the second charge right after the first one, lets hope there is some kind off protection from that happening.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2012-07-01 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Then why are you posting? It's a thread aimed at PvP, PvE has nothing to do with this. It's even in the title.
    well, I thought we could have a discussion about your post, but I guess we only read the first sentence in a post in the warrior forum now, my bad

Pizza, you've really changed your tune on the beta state of warriors in the face of very little to no major tweaks to our gameplay.

Very few people if anyone would argue that the current (4.3) iteration of arms is leaps and bounds better than what they're trying to do in MoP even with ltts and rend. This rage overhaul and major changes to our rotations are uncalled for for arms. The removal of ltts alone would have been more than enough.

We will still be utterly reliant on dispels in MoP and with the 8 second cd on them things are really not looking bright. Bladestorm doing more damage is great and all but that won't change it from the current cc-immunity/root breaker we use it for on live. 120% damage is pretty measly when we can push out more damage just going through an MS + OP + slam rotation.

And as has been said, the ability is going to be stronger for fury than for arms and we all know that the only time fury will ever be better than arms is because of some one-hit wonder gimmick or because arms has been gutted (see: season 5). On top of all that, we're having to sacrifice control for this anti-control.

And shockwave/dragon roar are our ONLY real forms of control. Avatar will obviously be mandatory so stormbolt isn't an option. Focus charging is great and all but unreliable and puts us two expansions back where we're attempting to get out of melee range to stun lock our targets. We should be able to get BOTH bladestorm and either shockwave/dragon roar.

The heroic leap breaking roots idea is a good one from your other thread and should have been added with the inception of the ability.

Some other gripes I have:
    New glyph of auto snare. Just like it was fucking retarded for us to have to have a glyph to remove the increased damage taken on recklessness, it's retarded for us to have to use a glyph for an auto snare especially when we have two others that do the same thing. Improve hamstring, don't give us another thing in our already enormous toolbox.
    Heroic leap cd reduction glyph. If it's necessary it shouldn't be a glyph. Simple as that. Make heroic leap baseline 30 seconds. There's literally no reason not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Im not in the Beta, but i do love the warrior class and have played one for the majority of my 8 yr wow career, it seems like we are always balanced around having other players do what we should already do, i know blizzard says this is a group game but why does it seem all if not most of the other classes can solo 1+ players or at least hold their own against multiple targets? I did watch some MoP videos and it did excite me with the changes, but i see more concern from players who know the class inside and out and i guess i shouldnt judge till its live but seeing the direction can show the destination blizzard wants the warriors. Progressively it seems we are getting worse, like the old man in a bar who would tells stories of his glory days, we are not a dying breed, but we do die, alot.

Do we really have hope in MoP too, well to beat a frost/fire mage without standing there and taking it while they rofl in our face 1v1? will rogues be easier to hit? How much more annoyed am i going to be to just give in and reroll something else? lol i hope blizzard saves the class because definitely right now on live, i dont like being the easy kill with a class so iconic as amazing as a warrior.
    I Serve Only Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimp View Post
    well, I thought we could have a discussion about your post, but I guess we only read the first sentence in a post in the warrior forum now, my bad
    If you don't have PvP experience at at least the ~1800 level, there's nothing really to discuss - you simply won't understand the issues because you're looking at them from a random BG/PvE perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Pizza, you've really changed your tune on the beta state of warriors in the face of very little to no major tweaks to our gameplay.

Very few people if anyone would argue that the current (4.3) iteration of arms is leaps and bounds better than what they're trying to do in MoP even with ltts and rend. This rage overhaul and major changes to our rotations are uncalled for for arms. The removal of ltts alone would have been more than enough.

We will still be utterly reliant on dispels in MoP and with the 8 second cd on them things are really not looking bright. Bladestorm doing more damage is great and all but that won't change it from the current cc-immunity/root breaker we use it for on live. 120% damage is pretty measly when we can push out more damage just going through an MS + OP + slam rotation.
    Bladestorm's always been about guaranteed damage. Your regular rotation does more, but you're completely immune to CC while Bladestorming. It's guaranteed damage, assuming you were smart enough to force the disarm early.

I'm trying to adopt a more practical position. I don't think Warriors are as bad off as people like to portray, but I do think some classes are overpowered and definitely need to be nerfed (DKs with Death's Advance, Ret/Prot Paladin healing is probably too strong, etc.)

And shockwave/dragon roar are our ONLY real forms of control. Avatar will obviously be mandatory so stormbolt isn't an option. Focus charging is great and all but unreliable and puts us two expansions back where we're attempting to get out of melee range to stun lock our targets. We should be able to get BOTH bladestorm and either shockwave/dragon roar.
    Assuming Blizzard adopts my idea of the Heroic Leap thing breaking roots/snares, I wouldn't classify Avatar as required. Avatar has a long cooldown and any good team will just CC you for as much of it as possible. Bloodbath is an auto-applied snare (that, IMO, should be 60% strength and not 50%) with a short cooldown, and Storm Bolt's a fairly long stun on a short cooldown.

That's all contingent on Blizzard waking up and realizing how awful Warrior PvP set bonuses are, though. If that doesn't happen... yeah, Avatar's going to be the only choice on that tier.

Some other gripes I have:
    New glyph of auto snare. Just like it was fucking retarded for us to have to have a glyph to remove the increased damage taken on recklessness, it's retarded for us to have to use a glyph for an auto snare especially when we have two others that do the same thing. Improve hamstring, don't give us another thing in our already enormous toolbox.
    Heroic leap cd reduction glyph. If it's necessary it shouldn't be a glyph. Simple as that. Make heroic leap baseline 30 seconds. There's literally no reason not to.
    Haven't had time to test, but I'm assuming this means it's just basically a "free" Hamstring. That's dumb and makes the glyph kind of pointless. The glyph should function like Shiv for Warriors - when you hit someone already affected by Hamstring/Piercing Howl/etc it snares them for an extra 50%, meaning they'd be snared for 75%. Drop the duration to 3 or 4 seconds because 8 seconds of 75% snare would be hilariously overpowered.

Using Heroic Strike is already a problem for Arms since it currently disrupts your stacks and rotation, and it's costly for Protection because your survivability is going to be balanced around being able to keep Shield Block/Shield Barrier up when you're taking damage. Assuming it's also appropriately costly for Fury, I'd see it as an excellent tool for Warriors to have - you're sacrificing damage/survivability for utility.

It would need to remain a glyph because I can see autosnaring monsters in PvE causing issues - it probably wouldn't be a "must have" tool for PvE Warriors.

Likewise, assuming the 4pc change I mentioned goes through, I'd expect Heroic Leap glyph to stay the way it is, too. The only glyph that needs to become baseline right now is Long Charge because literally everyone takes that shit unless they're dumb.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow