Dishonored gameplay videos (stealth and action videos)

GiantBomb released two gameplay videos of the upcoming game, Dishonored, one stealth-oriented one, and one action-oriented one. I think that this game looks like it has the potential to be very fun. It's a very unique idea. Looking forward to the release date now, this October! Tell me what you guys think. What style are you going to play?

Looks pretty sick, this was one of my favorite games from E3 this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks a bit Bioshock-y, at least aesthetically, which is a good thing. Really looking forward to seeing more.

That was the vibe that I got from it too, which made me all the more eager to play it. The aesthetic is very, very nice, even if the graphics aren't top quality. A couple of people I talked to were complaining about it and I was just thinking "really? I think it looks awesome."

The more I look into the game, the more likely I think it is I'm going to be playing it using stealth tactics rather than violence.

Unique, sure ... but wow. I mean, taking possession of a fish? And I'm inside? I'm not so sure about this game any more. All he does in the stealth video is blink around and choke out guards. The action video looked a lot more enjoyable and engaging but I'm still not overly convinced. It just looks like Skyrim in a steampunk setting which doesn't appeal to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ukrainium View Post
    Unique, sure ... but wow. I mean, taking possession of a fish? And I'm inside? I'm not so sure about this game any more. All he does in the stealth video is blink around and choke out guards. The action video looked a lot more enjoyable and engaging but I'm still not overly convinced. It just looks like Skyrim in a steampunk setting which doesn't appeal to me at all.
    I'd hardly compare it to Skyrim. It's story is a lot more linear than that. I don't even think it's open world, I just think that the levels are very large. The gameplay is certainly more complex than Skyrim's, so I can't really see where you're seeing those similarities other than it being first person. My concern with it is that it looks too easy, but he was playing it on normal, so there's that at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    That was the vibe that I got from it too, which made me all the more eager to play it. The aesthetic is very, very nice, even if the graphics aren't top quality. A couple of people I talked to were complaining about it and I was just thinking "really? I think it looks awesome."
    I hate those people. Top-notch graphics don't make a poor game good. They only make a good game better. A game can have poor graphics and be an outstanding game.

As to this game, I think I'm going to be picking it up when it comes out. I too would be very interested in utilizing stealth over violence.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I'd hardly compare it to Skyrim. It's story is a lot more linear than that. I don't even think it's open world, I just think that the levels are very large. The gameplay is certainly more complex than Skyrim's, so I can't really see where you're seeing those similarities other than it being first person. My concern with it is that it looks too easy, but he was playing it on normal, so there's that at least.
    Sorry, I meant by what I saw in the video. I know virtually nothing about this game outside of these two videos. The combat styles seem pretty similar to me, but that's just opinion. I'm not knocking Skyrim, I loved it.

It does look very easy, I agree 100% with you on that.

I personally think this looks pretty cool. I like the idea and think it was nicely executed. When I heard about the game I really wasn't looking forward to it but after these video's there was a lot I didn't know that they would put in (special powers, different ways of doing things, mission based story). My only worry with games like these is that they tend to be short in length, ya know 15-20 hour games. Other than that, it looks awesome! Definitely made it's way up on my "Games to play list" (along with AC3 and Watch Dogs)

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like what I've seen so far. I think I'll be more of the stealthy type, and it's gonna be amazing experimenting with Possesion and Blink. My only gripe is I kinda wish they went for a more dark and realistic art style than the somewhat cartoony style.

Nice, i'm just not sure about the FOV, i hope they give a option to change to 90.

Yeah this looks cool. I agree is does bear some semblance to Bioshock, but that's just fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    Nice, i'm just not sure about the FOV, i hope they give a option to change to 90.
    I feel like more games are taking notice of FoV being a big deal for some people. It normally doesn't bother me personally, but people seem to be speaking out about it recently, so if they are working on this game as hard as they say they are, I imagine that they'd put in something that should be a feature by default.

FoV stands for...?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    FoV stands for...?
    Field of vision

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_o...in_video_games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    FoV stands for...?
    Field of View I believe.

OT: I was looking forward to this since it was announced and im defiantly going to play this through 100's of times to just try new ways and combinations of things.