Serpent Sting in MOP PVP

If this question has been answered already I apologize, My question is, does serpent sting and black arrow have any dispel protection, because that is a major problem for survival in live for pvp which imo makes it very frustrating to play. I really want to play survival in mop because I have always enjoyed it over marks since vanilla. Also I haven't play beta or live in 3-4 months so i'm not completely up to date on how dispels will work in mop either.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... was survival even viable for anything in Vanilla pre talent revamp? o.O

OT: The best way to check would be to either log in to the beta and check yourself or check here: http://mop.wowhead.com/mists-of-pand...t-calculator#h

dont have beta and i looked and found dispels have an 8 second cd and 3 of the 5 healers(pally,druid,monk) if im correct can dispel poisons. Why dont they make black arrow like Unstable affliction to help survival keep dots up on targets

Well, the simple answer is, SV hunters aren't going to be any good in a comp where BA is one of the only magic debuffs someone is going to want to cleanse. I can imagine SV being good with a lock or spriest, perhaps, where healers are gun shy on the dispels as it is, or timing it after magical disables are cleansed like sheep, HoJ, nova, etc.

It really sucks that it works that way, it limits when the spec is viable in pvp to a handful of occasions

I think the 8 sec cd on defensive dispels will help survival a LOT in arena. Because if the healer uses that dispel to take black arrow off the kill target, then he won't have a dispel available for any cc that is put on the other dps.

I strongly suspect that healers will decide to save their precious dispels for ccs. The hunter can help himself by running with a partner who has good dispellable ccs, which a bunch of classes do.

To answer your question:

No, SV is still the solitary spec in the game with no dispel protection in some shape or form.

"8 second dispel" is not dispel protection, and it isn't a viable excuse for them to ignore hunters until all other classes have the same dispel protection: nothing.

I hope to see a come back with Survival in pvp but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by bandet View Post
    To answer your question:

No, SV is still the solitary spec in the game with no dispel protection in some shape or form.

"8 second dispel" is not dispel protection, and it isn't a viable excuse for them to ignore hunters until all other classes have the same dispel protection: nothing.
    Shadow Priest have no dispel protection in MOP right now either. I think if every class gets dispel protection its going to end up being like Mortal Strike was.
    Hi Sephurik