Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    To be fair the healer 4-sets have always been notoriously meh. Healers of all classes quite often choose to go for better itemised gear over a four set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    I don't see the vast difference between the two.

The bonuses are functionally quite similar:
    1) 10% cost reduction on an expensive spell that is spamable (as in no cd)

2) A CD reduction to a cheap single target spell that is often used on CD each with its own positive side effects (holy power/efflo heals, etc)

Priests are fairly similar too. Pretty much only the shaman and monk 4 pieces don't line up with the others.
    You possibly misread the druid set bonus then, at least I guess that you mistook the rejuvenation for a regrowth. The two set is Reduces the mana cost of your Rejuvenation spell by 10%. Rejuvenation is a relatively cheap frequently used spell. Not super cheap, if you spam it, you will go oom fast but it is not one of the big mana dump spells either. I can play my druid on beta safely with rejuv being my second most often used spell after nourish. And holy radiance is well...bad on the beta. Just bad. Subject to change ofc, but currently druids would get an even cheaper version of one of the most used spells and paladins get a mana reduction on a spell that is not exactly used that often with the current healed amount and mana cost.

Deleted
    Didn't they say something about working on HS some more in the last blue posts or am I completely mistaken?
    I think it will change in a couple of builds.

To be honest, the 4piece is great. The 2piece is pretty bad. HS Is great On-cooldown use now, Lowered CD = More chance for daybreak + Infusion. and it heals for way more in beta atm.
    Ps, I rarely use HR in beta now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldriel View Post
    Didn't they say something about working on HS some more in the last blue posts or am I completely mistaken?
    I think it will change in a couple of builds.
    They already 'changed' it by giving it +25% crit chance. The complaint was that we weren't getting enough Infusion procs and this was the fix. They were never planning on substantially changing the spell.

What we can expect to get changed is the healing / beacon transfer of LoD, the healing of HR, potentially regaining Divine Favour and perhaps some way of gaining HP faster. Likely the glyph that makes Judgement cost no mana will disappear too due to the synergy with selfless healer.

Personally I think they're over-worrying about buffing HR too much. On BETA currently Paladins are not AoE healers. HR is useless to the point of it not being worth using, and our new Daybreak proc depends on its use, which means our other AoE tool becomes useless. That leaves us with LoD, which isn't a particularly big heal and has a 3HP cooldown. One AoE spell we can use every 15 seconds is essentially pushing us out of anything but tank / spot healing.

What they need to remember is that Paladins can only AoE heal successfully with tightly stacked groups. Shamans used to suffer the same problem but they have been give tools to extend that range. As such, Paladin AoE healing NEEDS to be more powerful because they can only AoE in a particular situation. Paladins can't AoE heal a spread raid like a Priest, Druid or Monk can. In fact they're almost useless in that situation. As such they need to excel in healing closely packed groups or the other healers will always be the default choice for a raid with multiple spread / not spread fights. In short, HR SHOULD be the most powerful AoE heal because its range is so limited. They need to stop worrying about increasing its power.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    They already 'changed' it by giving it +25% crit chance. The complaint was that we weren't getting enough Infusion procs and this was the fix. They were never planning on substantially changing the spell.

What we can expect to get changed is the healing / beacon transfer of LoD, the healing of HR, potentially regaining Divine Favour and perhaps some way of gaining HP faster. Likely the glyph that makes Judgement cost no mana will disappear too due to the synergy with selfless healer.

Personally I think they're over-worrying about buffing HR too much. On BETA currently Paladins are not AoE healers. HR is useless to the point of it not being worth using, and our new Daybreak proc depends on its use, which means our other AoE tool becomes useless. That leaves us with LoD, which isn't a particularly big heal and has a 3HP cooldown. One AoE spell we can use every 15 seconds is essentially pushing us out of anything but tank / spot healing.

What they need to remember is that Paladins can only AoE heal successfully with tightly stacked groups. Shamans used to suffer the same problem but they have been give tools to extend that range. As such, Paladin AoE healing NEEDS to be more powerful because they can only AoE in a particular situation. Paladins can't AoE heal a spread raid like a Priest, Druid or Monk can. In fact they're almost useless in that situation. As such they need to excel in healing closely packed groups or the other healers will always be the default choice for a raid with multiple spread / not spread fights. In short, HR SHOULD be the most powerful AoE heal because its range is so limited. They need to stop worrying about increasing its power.
    They are scared that if they buff it Paladins are going to be insane AoE healers like we were when HR was first changed. I haven't had the chance to do all the boss in the beta yet. But if they make the fights so people have to split up more and can't group up then I agree they would need to make HR a lot stronger for it to be worth casting. As for the set bonuses. They don't look to bad it will depend on what the stats are like it always does. Almost every tier has been about stats on the items first tier of cata nobody used the 4pc or 2pc really for a long time as the stats didn't compare with the stats on the non-set pieces.

Deleted
    We have known these were the T14 Holy Bonuses for months and nothings changed.

They aren't terrible, but not great either.

They are OK. Holy Shock heals for a lot with the 25% crit buff, around 75k or so and we are holy power starved so it will help very slightly with that. Even so I still hope it gets reworked into something more interesting like maybe Holy shock crits give 2 holy power instead of 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    To be fair the healer 4-sets have always been notoriously meh. Healers of all classes quite often choose to go for better itemised gear over a four set.
    I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure t12 for healer was ridiculously OP, especially Priests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I can tell you that druid's 4 set T12 was horrible and the only reason it was used was because there were no better leather pieces than the Heroic Tier. Plus, this was the last tier of an expansion as compared to the first tier of another so they may have brought out the "big guns" in an attempt to make it seem more epic.

well, wont be going for 4pc in mop

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    They're both crap. Considering how radiance is nerfed not even 2p is worth that much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piitz View Post
    2 set is okay but the 4 set is just meh.
    Agreed. 4 set is a joke... but as in still BETA will hopefully change before live.