Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Should i drop divine fury and get imp renew instead and glyph it? Will that help?
    yes, divine fury is pretty useless because you dont cast greater heal and heal very often.

Deleted
    Might aswell get rid of divine fury.

Here's the spec I run with:
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfhcrosbforofzM:qomrzo
    Remember to use Inner Fire when focused as you usually have plenty of mana.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-06-30 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Might aswell get rid of divine fury.

Here's the spec I run with:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary
    Remember to use Inner Fire when focused as you usually have plenty of mana.
    Atonement healing wouldn't work well in arena, since any interrupts on Holy damaging spells will also lock you out of your healing spells. I generally wouldn't recommend it for PVP, because higher ranked players will be able to use it against you. I don't know about atonement healing in rbgs, but I imagine you'd have the same problem.

The highest ranking Disc priests on arenajunkies go for something like this. This spec works well for bgs too.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfhzro...MZ0b:okqroVmVM

Glpyhs
    -the above glyphs are my choices
    -you can swap SW: Death for PW: shield (which isn't as good in pvp as pve), but I personally really finishing players off with death. So satisfying. Combining shadowfiend + PW: death is a good way to help your teammates get the kill.
    -I like inner fire for the extra armor, but regular dispel is also a good choice.

Some chose to take points from veiled shadows and put them into darkness; chose darkness or veiled shadows for bgs, veiled shadows for arena.

You should avoid Greater Heal and Slow casts most of the time, so divine fury isn't worth it.

When stunned, use glyphed pain suppression followed by Desperate Prayer (macro'd with the +health PVP trinket if you have it) to outlive those attacks. I often use psychic scream immediately afterwards to give myself that extra second to heal.

In bgs you want to be aware of your surroundings, find hiding spots or crowds until you are very confident on your own. Good pvp practice comes with being the flag carriers personal healer (don't forget you can use pain suppression on him!)

For arena, Keep as much Spirit as you can. Many top ranking priests reforge everything to Spirit, so that you can outlast the enemy. For bgs, Crit, Mastery, and Haste all have their uses. I'd personally keep haste fairly low, and go for Mastery + crit. Haste is best when you are using lots of slow casts; in pvp not so much.

The top ranking PVP Priest is Hydra, so look him up online and watch his videos for tournament-pro advice.

Disc pvp is a completely different play style than PVE. Keep that in mind, and think of it as learning a new spec. As you learn little tricks, you will improve dramatically. Best way to learn is trial and error + research in between. What I did, was pinpoint one problem that I was having (not understanding fake casting, not surviving stuns, getting mana burned), and work on overcoming that one issue. Once I mastered it, I moved on. It's totally worth it, PVP is a blast once you get the hang of it

Deleted
    Seems I respeced lol.

Correct spec here:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Seems I respeced lol.

Correct spec here:
    Much better. This spec is also good for PVP. Whether you chose this one or the one I posted is a matter of playstyle choice

Quote Originally Posted by Kirse View Post
    -you can swap SW: Death for PW: shield (which isn't as good in pvp as pve), but I personally really finishing players off with death. So satisfying. Combining shadowfiend + PW: death is a good way to help your teammates get the kill.

When stunned, use glyphed pain suppression followed by Desperate Prayer (macro'd with the +health PVP trinket if you have it) to outlive those attacks.
    PW: S glyph is godlike. It adds 20% onto one of your best and most mana efficient skills. For me, PW: S glyph adds 5.3k healing. The Renew glyph doesn't even come close. If you really want the SW:. D glyph, you should drop the renew glyph instead.

I don't recommend blowing both defensive cooldowns in one go. You should also prioritize the use of Desperate Prayer (self only) over Pain Suppression (not self only). The only time you would be willing to use Pain Suppression over Desperate Prayer is when you're in a full (5s) stun with two fat dps (usually melee) unloading their cooldowns on you. Otherwise, it is better to wait for the stun to fade, then PW: S/Desperate Prayer/Psychic Scream/Inner Focus. You usually only need one spell of the previous list to stay alive. I would prioritize them in the order listed.

Deleted
    rly?? my disc lady is like a 1 man army, takes lots of allies to kill me ;p you must be doin summit terribly wrong..

also, abuse mass dispell when folks r givin u hard time. mass dispel is fukkin awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    PW: S glyph is godlike. It adds 20% onto one of your best and most mana efficient skills. For me, PW: S glyph adds 5.3k healing. The Renew glyph doesn't even come close. If you really want the SW:. D glyph, you should drop the renew glyph instead.
    Both are good, it's just a playstyle preference. Since PW: S can be dispelled and renew ticks even when stunned. I actually change them up once in a while. This is good advice though, there is some wiggle room depending on which abilities you use the most. I chose renew for my sample glyphs because I saw that the renew glyph is more popular with high ranking pvp players, but to be honest I use PW: shield glyph more often.

I don't recommend blowing both defensive cooldowns in one go. You should also prioritize the use of Desperate Prayer (self only) over Pain Suppression (not self only). The only time you would be willing to use Pain Suppression over Desperate Prayer is when you're in a full (5s) stun with two fat dps (usually melee) unloading their cooldowns on you. Otherwise, it is better to wait for the stun to fade, then PW: S/Desperate Prayer/Psychic Scream/Inner Focus. You usually only need one spell of the previous list to stay alive. I would prioritize them in the order listed.
    I should have gone into more detail with this one. You're right, you probably shouldn't use so many defensive cooldowns at once in high-ranked play, but Pain suppression followed by desperate prayer saved my life a ton when I started out in pvp. In lower ranked 2v2 and 3v3 arena, I found that most often I did have all enemy players wailing on me at once when cc'd. I found it really hard to survive at first, especially when also focusing on keeping my teammates alive too. In higher-level play this is definitely overkill, because by then people figure out to just cc the healer and go for the other player, but it came in handy when trying to overcome that hump. But for someone who cannot survive and complains that they are too squishy, I thought it would be a decent tip for those "oh shit" moments.

Both are good, it's just a playstyle preference. Since PW: S can be dispelled and renew ticks even when stunned. I actually change them up once in a while. This is good advice though, there is some wiggle room depending on which abilities you use the most. I chose renew for my sample glyphs because I saw that the renew glyph is more popular with high ranking pvp players, but to be honest I use PW: shield glyph more often.

I should have gone into more detail with this one. You're right, you probably shouldn't use so many defensive cooldowns at once in high-ranked play, but Pain suppression followed by desperate prayer saved my life a ton when I started out in pvp. In lower ranked 2v2 and 3v3 arena, I found that most often I did have all enemy players wailing on me at once when cc'd. I found it really hard to survive at first, especially when also focusing on keeping my teammates alive too. In higher-level play this is definitely overkill, because by then people figure out to just cc the healer and go for the other player, but it came in handy when trying to overcome that hump. But for someone who cannot survive and complains that they are too squishy, I thought it would be a decent tip for those "oh shit" moments.
    The glyph part of PW: S applies regardless of whether PW: S is dispelled. You can dispel buffer PW: S with Grace and such. Either way, with purge/dispel/spellsteal mana costs, letting the enemy purge off your trash buffs might be a legitimate way to reduce their mana (throw up a cheap renew, PoM with a couple stacks of Grace and they'll just purge away).

The most important part of Disc PvP is to bubble before you become CCd. Just being able to do this one trick will greatly increase your longevity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    The glyph part of PW: S applies regardless of whether PW: S is dispelled.
    It does, but it's an expensive small heal if the shield is dispelled, and renew heals you when stunned. But hydra knows best, and he prefers PW: shield. Here is his spec spec (#1 pvp priest). I find it interesting that he specced into darkness and divine fury. These are builds that he still uses...

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary

As you can see, there is some wiggle room for glpyhs/talents but not a lot. Beyond that, there are tons of challenging tricks that you need to learn to master PVP, and I'm by no means there yet. It would take forever to lay everything out for you. Read about LoS, manaburn, fakecasting.

Watch hydramist videos, keeping in mind that some are outdated
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttw8khSLVqY

Hope that we have helped somewhat

It does, but it's an expensive small heal if the shield is dispelled, and renew heals you when stunned.
    Why are you comparing a dispelled PW:S to the benefit of (a undispelled) renew while stunned? Both would have to be cast before a stun and both last into a stun. Both are just as vulnerable to dispells.

Infact, a lot use renew as dispell fodder to protect PW:S.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-07-02 at 03:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Why are you comparing a dispelled PW:S to the benefit of (a undispelled) renew while stunned?
    I worded it strangely, but it was still a stupid comparison. What I was getting at is that they both have costs/benefits, both are good for PVP for different reasons. I rely on shield a lot more than renew and use PW: S glyph most of the time, but the OP loves renew so that's the glyph I chose for the sample spec.