Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Any news about 1.10 testing?

10+ Year Old Account
    We're up to the mystical number now, here's Hotfix #7

RIFT 1.9 Hotfix #7 - 8:00am PDT 7/12/12 [NA] - 1:00am GMT/2:00am BST 13/7/12 [EU]

GENERAL

* Now that we have fully cross-shard Friend and Ignore lists, these lists are no longer cleared when you transfer to a new shard.
    * Summonable Snowmen can once again be summoned during Summerfest - the daystar no longer has them hiding in fear!

SUMMERFEST

* Removed an extra Air Vent that was not actually venting near Kelpmere in Moonshade Highlands.
    * Fixed the dual credit per bug toward the Achievement on the Bug Squishin' quest.
    * Removed the mounted runspeed increase on Alo's Amazing Ice Cream quest.

CONQUEST

* Fixed the bug where Conquest buffs would sometimes not be cleared when you left Conquest.
    * Now when you have more people near an Extractor, the faster the Extractor is captured.
    * Crafting Portable Turrets or Lifesprings will now grant the 'Crafty Conquest' Achievement.
    * Leaving and re-entering Conquest should no longer cause some objectives to disappear from the quest tracker.
    * Personal Bankers and Mailboxes can no longer be summoned in Conquest.

INSTANT ADVENTURE

* Fire Brigade in Silverwood can now be completed by larger Instant Adventure groups.
    * Higher level characters who are auto-mentored for Instant Adventure now get set to 14 in Freemarch/Silverwood, and 25 for Gloamwood/Stonefield.
    * Achievements for defeating bosses in Instant Adventure should now be crediting properly for ALL bosses.

CRAFTING

* The recipes for Heroic Brightsurge Vial, Heroic Enduring Vial, and Heroic Powersurge Vial are now Bind on Pickup.
    * Outfitter: The 300-skill crafting daily quests now require Bolt of Spellspun Silk rather than raw Spellspun Silk pieces.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...3-7-12-eu.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, Trion are on point today, nearly all the concerns and whines about Summerfest and Conquest swept away in Hotfix #8

RIFT 1.9 Hotfix #8 - 6:00am PDT 7/18/12 [NA] - 1:00am GMT/2:00am BST 19/7/12 [EU]

RIFT 1.9 Hotfix #8

SUMMERFEST

* Beachcombing for the Discerning Vacationist has had the objective count properly set to 5 rather than 25. Also increased the amount of active Treasure Spots.
    * Puissant Paleontology: Now has more descriptive objective text.
    * You can now trade the Summerfest pet *items* (the inventory item before adding the pet to your character's collection) between your own characters.

CONQUEST

* The rewards and structure of Conquest have been modified, with the goal of increasing the fun and rewards from the core gameplay of objectives and map wins. Wholesale PvP slaughter can be fun, but there are other activities available in Conquest!
    * When an Extractor is taken by a team, it now grants Shards of Conquest to players in range of the Extractor when control flips.
    - You can't just tag an Extractor and leave the area to receive these Shards.
    * Shards of Conquest can be combined to create Marks of Conquest.
    * The chance of receiving a Mark of Conquest for destroying an Extractor has been slightly increased.
    * When an Extractor is taken by a team, it now grants Favor, Prestige, and Experience to characters in the area of the Extractor when control flips.
    - You can't just tag an Extractor and leave the area to receive this bonus!
    * Teams are now granted bonus Favor, Prestige, and Experience at the same time that Conquest Power is paid out throughout the match. The value is based on the number of Extractors your team holds.
    * Bonus Colossi no longer spawn at the time the map begins - these planar menaces now spawn after a match has run for at least 30 minutes. Colossi hit points scale based on the number of participants in the Conquest match.
    * The added capture speed bonus for having multiple characters around an Extractor has been decreased slightly.
    * The Planar Foci that spawn in the end phase of Conquest have had their hit points increased.
    * The Archlich no longer spawns immediately at the start of the bonus phase. It now spawns only after all Planar Foci are defeated.
    * Be warned - the Archlich's hit points increase depending on the population of enemies in the map during the end phase. It may be beneficial to remove opposing players before the Archlich spawns.
    * The Archlich has relocated closer to Zareph's Return.
    * The Archlich awards 5 Marks of Conquest on death.
    * The number of Marks of Conquest granted for winning a match has been increased.
    * The number of Marks of Conquest granted for losses or ties in Conquest has been reduced.
    * Marks of Conquest granted from wins/losses/ties now go into the Rift Loot UI.
    * The amount of Favor and Prestige granted for killing players in the open fields of Conquest has been reduced; Experience remains unchanged.
    * Players that return Empowered Sourcestone to their resource depots at base now receive Shards of Power, which grant small amounts of bonus Favor. Shards of Power can be received for returning up to 70 Empowered Sourcestone at a time.

CONQUEST QUEUING

* Factions that are full now allow you to queue to join them - and if you're queued for a full faction, you have the option to leave that queue and select a different one.
    - Once you enter a Conquest match, however, you will be committed to the joined faction and cannot leave the map and join as a different one until the match ends.
    * Selecting a faction on the Conquest UI now either immediately gives you a Conquest entry invite or put you in the queue, instead of using a second enter-Conquest selection.
    * Group leaders now select a faction - either for queue or immediate joining - for their entire group when joining Conquest.

GENERAL

* LFG: Checking 'Queue as Mentor' now means you will *always* be placed in a dungeon as a mentor. Characters must now be at least level 25 to queue as a mentor via LFG.
    * Instant Adventure: Adventures in low-level zones now grant additional Planar Attunement experience to level 50 characters that are mentoring. This should be most noticeable on Adventures that are not basic mob-kill objectives.
    * Stonefield: 'Close Rift' Instant Adventures should work properly now.
    * Item: The Flaming Heart of Maelforge is now a 100% drop rate.
    * Item: Summer's Warmth: Tooltip now indicates the effect is on single target healing spells.
    * Fixed Armored White War Tiger mounts not making sounds.
    * Strafing with the Q and E keys while you have a ground target reticule up now works properly.
    * Improvements to prevent false positives on the Addon Watchdog.

CRAFTING

* Save the bacon! Bacon Rolls and Dwarven Goulash now only require one Rich Bacon to make.
    * Several Survivalist daily quests have had their meat requirements reduced.
    * All meat drops have been slightly increased on mobs that normally drop meats.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...ml#post3884702

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, looks like Conquest might be slightly more balanced in some manners, but more folks will just queue and wait for Oathswarn now, that's for sure. >_<

Looks pretty great though!!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Those conquest reward changes... We'll see how they play out I feel like they nailed it. That was pretty much exactly what I was looking for them to do (literally, almost 100% exactly what I wanted). Gonna hop in later tonight and see what the affects of it ar so far!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Those conquest reward changes... We'll see how they play out I feel like they nailed it. That was pretty much exactly what I was looking for them to do (literally, almost 100% exactly what I wanted). Gonna hop in later tonight and see what the affects of it ar so far!
    Well they somehow managed to turn it to a pve feature it seems, like we didnt have enough of them already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems us Europeans got to be the guinea pigs for a change, they sneaked in some fixes to our hotfix first, again mostly tweaks to Conquest

Here's Hotfix 8.5 for North America

RIFT 1.9 Hotfix #"8.5" - 8:00am PDT 7/19/12 [NA] - Part of Hotfix #8 for [EU]

GENERAL

* Fishing bags and the like that stopped granting coin after Hotfix #8 should be giving coin again - no 'blank' reward bags!
    * Instant Adventures should once again award appropriate gold scaled to the level of your character.
    * Stonefield: Instant Adventures at Titan's Rest should now have more available Dreadbone Troll and Troglodyte targets.
    * Tweaked some backend stuff that should hopefully kind of maybe have a positive effect on lag reported while Conquest is active.

CONQUEST

* Shards of Conquest are no longer tradeable.
    * Decreased hit points on Colossi in Conquest.
    * Slightly increased Favor and Prestige payouts for player kills in Conquest.
    * Slightly increased Favor and Prestige periodic payouts for control of Extractors.
    * Slightly increased Favor and Prestige granted for taking control of Extractors.
    * Slightly increased the amount of time before Conquest Power begins to decay.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...tfix-8-eu.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well they somehow managed to turn it to a pve feature it seems, like we didnt have enough of them already?
    No, they're just rewarding properly for taking objectives. Killing other players is still totally worth doing, but now it's totally worth it to actually pay attention to the objectives instead of just zerg farming (or base farming) the other factions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Erm wtf is going on in conquest atm?

I joined a late game and NF are in Oaths base spawn camping them rofl?

They're all saying it's bugged
    Last edited by Solidito; 2012-07-19 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Erm wtf is going on in conquest atm?

I joined a late game and NF are in Oaths base spawn camping them rofl?

They're all saying it's bugged
    There is a bug where the NPC's all vanished, and the turrets with them. So ofc people went farming

15+ Year Old Account

Little tiny vid showing the raptors

Best part is around 1:20
    Last edited by Solidito; 2012-07-19 at 10:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't do any conquest the past day or two though I was hearing Oathswarn was giving up.

Such a shame my brothers and sisters, but alas, if the above is what is causing it, well, that's completely out of our control. =/

inb4 Trion does roll backs again! ;D
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    It got fixed like an hour later, it's extremely boring atm though. Done two Conquests today since it's been fixed, about 95% is running from extracter to extracter and then sitting at each one for a minute then running to another. It's so freaking boring.

10+ Year Old Account

This is depressing.

Seems like no companies understand just how much we love massive pvp grindfests of the opposing faction. =/ I LOVED Halaa in WoW:TBC and that was exceptionally grindy and fun. Frankly, I could go for hours on end doing it, it's just so amazing.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Yea boring
    Gave it a chance this morning. Joined nightfall cause I thought they would still have that fighting spirit. 100 kills when I joined and the conquest had been going on for an hour! Depressing. Lucky it's GW2 weekend this weekend =)
    Anyway, I believe the main focus should be killing the other teams, it should be equally rewarding to kill as to do objectives and people can choose what they prefer. And if most people then would prefer killing people, that should say something :P
    So, joined nightfall today and ran around killing extractors and ran around killing extractors. Someone in the team shouted "enemies at eye" and ofc I went there and thought finally some action. I expected the team to join because nightfall called themselves "the zerg team". Came to eye, just the other dude shouting was there and no other nightfall bothered with it. So we got instant killed ofc. And I just logged out, had half an hour left to kill before I would leave for work but chose to spend my morning coffee reading forums and local news instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    spend my morning coffee reading forums and local news instead.
    But your name is Tea!

Seriously though, sipping coffee and reading the forums/news is just stellar. I love doing it.

As for the rest of your post, I was seeing some people complaining about that in Deepwood's level 50 chat. Was like, really? 1 hour and 100 kills? That's just.... completely sad.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    But your name is Tea!

Seriously though, sipping coffee and reading the forums/news is just stellar. I love doing it.

As for the rest of your post, I was seeing some people complaining about that in Deepwood's level 50 chat. Was like, really? 1 hour and 100 kills? That's just.... completely sad.
    I drink tea rest of the day =) coffee is better in the morning to wake you up. Didnt work well today though, half-sleepwalking here at work, but it's friday and soon weekend so I think it's allowed :P
    Yea, it's sad, and I dont even know if they want or can fix it. Seems like still enough people join up, all teams full except domino and perhaps that show to Trion that everything is fine especially if it remains that way :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Must be the smallest hotfix evah!!

Here's Hotfix #9

RIFT 1.9 Hotfix #9 - 8:00am PDT 7/20/12 [NA] - 1:00am GMT/2:00am BST 21/7/12 [EU]

* Fixed a couple of potential crash issues, one related to Conquest and one related to keyboard language input settings.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...1-7-12-eu.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for Hotfix #10

RIFT 1.9 Hotfix #10 - 8:00am PDT 7/25/12 [NA] - 1:00am GMT/2:00am BST 26/7/12 [EU]

GENERAL

* Instant Adventure: Once assigned to a group using Random Queue, you won't be automatically moved to another group or queue after some time has passed.
    * Characters below level 25 can once again queue for random normal dungeons.

PRIMEVAL FEAST

* The Ritual Shaman should always spawn, even if his sacrifice target dies during the spawning script.
    * The Sacrifice debuff itself no longer kills its target.
    * The Sacrificed targets can still be killed by mobs if the mobs are not tanked.

INFERNAL DAWN

Laethys:
    * Increased time between minion spawns in the first phase of the Laethys encounter.
    * Increased casting time of Annihilating Flare.
    * Decreased damage done by Golden Cleave.
    * Molten Gold will no longer be cast immediately after Metallic Orb.
    * Increased duration of Stoneseer's Wisdom.
    * Reinforced Laethys scripting against the vile 'Gold Piles bug'.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...ml#post3895503

Expect a few more Laethys first kills tonight

10+ Year Old Account
    What a boring update.

/doesn't affect me. Never had the IA bug(?)
    "A flower.