Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Help , Im lost (Shadow priest)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Koiile/simple
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...&e=6556#Koiile

he did 54K DPS !!! In his armory he got 19.45 mastery , i tried with reforgelite that but i got the same result with an haste build ! look at his mind spike .. HOW IS HE DOING THAT !! I Need help ! MASTERY VS HASTE !

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iticals/simple

sometimes i have archangel UP but not shadowfiend , should i wait for it to do the mind spike rotation or use it anyway and then mind spike without AA ?

Sick avatar/Signature by Ammeg

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact the other priest has legendary and hc cunning of the cruel, and better gear in general can make a big difference in dps.
    Also, he's getting dark intent and using synaps springs so his burst is higher.

Not to mention he's a vodka members, meaning he's one of the better priests in the world.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2012-06-29 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Not to mention he's a vodka members, meaning he's one of the better priests in the world.
    Plus the other 24 people at top .01%'ers in skill. I would guess their kills are much faster then yours. That means more % time in hero and with pots. Your dps just being in that raid could go up several K I would guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightstar of Korgath View Post
    Plus the other 24 people at top .01%'ers in skill. I would guess their kills are much faster then yours. That means more % time in hero and with pots. Your dps just being in that raid could go up several K I would guess.
    I need true help , i know all that , but haste or mastery ? i don't understand ..

Deleted
    First - show us yours log's, i dont know how much dps you do? 10k less? 15k less?
    second - haste to the cap, then mastery (i have 2591 as goblin, its 27xx for other races, rest for mastery - 19.99)
    third - trust me, legendar & dark intent are INCREDIBLE diffrence
    fourth - Koille is mad player, he can do a lot more dmg with same gear as you have

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blgns View Post
    First - show us yours log's, i dont know how much dps you do? 10k less? 15k less?
    second - haste to the cap, then mastery (i have 2591 as goblin, its 27xx for other races, rest for mastery - 19.99)
    third - trust me, legendar & dark intent are INCREDIBLE diffrence
    fourth - Koille is mad player, he can do a lot more dmg with same gear as you have
    Firstly, there is no haste 'cap'. Secondly the breakpoint that I assume you're referring to is the extra VT tick, which is 2589, slightly less for goblins.

@ OP:

1. He's fully HC geared, all BiS.
    2. He has the Legendary and HC CotC. DW:TR did 4% of his damage and CotC will have done a similar amount, maybe slightly less. You have neither.
    3. He has every single buff bar Power Infusion and Tricks of the Trade. If you raid 10mans or don't get things like DI, you'll lose DPS there.
    4. They killed Ultrax in three and a half minutes: Heroism/BL was up for near 20% of the encounter. This is a MASSIVE DPS boost. He weirdly only potted once, he could have had even more DPS.
    5. He's one of the best Shadowpriests in the world.
    6. Please provide logs if you want us to actually try and compare your DPS to his.

Deleted
    Mastery does seem to be the favourable way to gear for ultraxion, that's not to say haste can't compete.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4245&e=4468
    52k with a haste build (3202 haste, DI, no tott / PI)

the shorter the fight the better, particularly if the fight ends just after a spike phase.
    At 4min I can get out a 4th sfiend if I use a pot AFTER the 3rd (not during, using it for the +crit to help get the 4th ready), it's pretty rng though. at 4min10 I can usually get a 4th sfiend out when using a pot during fiend.
    at 3min30 you may as well just wait with sfiend and use it with AA (if you look at my log I screwed up and popped fiend before my 2nd (and 3rd) AA, our past kills had all been around 4m10 so I was expecting a 4th fiend.

It's rather gear dependant, need a little help from rng to get your fiends ready. Basically it comes down to predicting the fight length and fiending accordingly. if you can get an extra fiend out then don't line them up, if you can't then delay fiend for AA. Sadly it's quite hard to know that until the fight is over

The obvious stuff like cutting fading lights short and stuff - I assume you're already doing that.

so , what should i do ? for my ilvl , haste or mastery

Deleted
    What are you trying to achieve? ranking on ultraxion?
    Looks like you're still progressing on spine so go for what's more beneficial there (just an assumption ofc)

i want to rank in ultraxion or morchock , any boss look wol's i linked ^^

Deleted
    you can only rank on morchok if your guild tanks them close enough to cross dot both mobs, and you get DI. Otherwise forget it.

ok so i go for an haste build?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ircien View Post
    Don't compare DPS from different bosses either, it's just dumb. Saying 'look, he did X on this boss I did Y on that boss, what am I doing wrong' is plain stupid. Each boss requires different playstyles/manipulation of the the tactics and therefore DPS will look different.

If you want to rank, get a Legandary (trust me, you'll find it hard to get high on rankings without one) and better gear first of all, learn each encounter PROPERLY second of all (so you know EXACTLY how to maximise DPS in each fight) and then build from there. You'll also need as many buffs (DI, PI, TotT, etc.) as possible.

As for going Mastery/Haste build, it's completely preferential. Mastery is more risky as if you don't get the crits to get your Fiend off CD in time for Archangel (which is unlikely with 25M buffs, but RNG is RNG) or you don't proc orbs often enough during downtime (just bog-standard rotation phases) and ES drops off even for a few DoT ticks, you'll lose a LOT of DPS.
    Haste is more guaranteed DPS and is generally a safer option. Only stack mastery if you know group buffs are going to compensate and you feel 100% comfortable/confident with the rotation. That's far more important to getting ranks than just stacking a particularly strong stat and hoping for the best.

hit the buttanz

regarding ranks on WOL - all of them are achieved by speed kills. you will most likely NOT get a rank if you take forever to kill a boss. in addition to that, some classes/players get all available stuff like di/fm/tricks/pi/etc for sick uptime. in addition to the addition, the players achieving this are beyond on top of their game and know exactly what they are doing and the time frame.

there's a huge difference knowing if the fight will last 2min or 5min, etc. you time around the speed kill as long as your raid can take it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not easy to get WorldOfLogs ranked without good support of your raid, better equipment (legendary) and more raid damage. :/

But you have some WorldOfLogs LFR rankings (e.g.: Madess Top100 shadow) at the moment - better than nothing

I'm raiding 1-2 times per week and we have the same progress (6/8 HC).
    I have also no legendary but iLvL 404.

Ultraxion this weak:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3231&e=3454

Far away from perfect but I was lucky with the fight length like Redsparrow allready said.
    Last edited by Nianif; 2012-06-30 at 04:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    regarding ranks on WOL - all of them are achieved by speed kills. you will most likely NOT get a rank if you take forever to kill a boss. in addition to that, some classes/players get all available stuff like di/fm/tricks/pi/etc for sick uptime. in addition to the addition, the players achieving this are beyond on top of their game and know exactly what they are doing and the time frame.

there's a huge difference knowing if the fight will last 2min or 5min, etc. you time around the speed kill as long as your raid can take it.
    actually it depends on the fight. zonozz for example is usually better to make it last as long as possible. otherwise it's usually better to have the fights as short as possible BUT end just after your burn phase (whether that's your CDs or a fight mechanic). Take hagara for example, if you're killing it just before the burn phase you'd get more dps to make the fight last longer and include the burn phase (assuming you aren't the one making it longer :P), and even better still to kill her right after you've solo AoE'd the tombs. Meter padding is where it's at.

Something like ultraxion is certainly better to have a shorter fight, but I'd still say it's better to have a 30sec longer fight than kill it just as sfiend + AA come off CD.

So REDsparrow i stay in hast build for the moment ? (3K)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5141&e=5372
    Personally, i've found that going into a mastery spec is the way to go for ultra atleast. Granted, For that kill I had DI, no PI or tricks. Some things to think about: At the start open with the mind spike/mind blast rotation since your a troll cast berserking along with AA and Fiend. The only other time that you should do this rotation is if AA and Fiend are back from CD. Otherwise just go with a standard rotation of keeping your dots up and mind blasting off cd.