Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Pokemon Black/White2

So I haven't played Pokemon since Ruby/Sapphire, really no handheld game since then. For whatever reason Pokemon Black2/White2 appeals to me. I just have a few questions about it from those who have played.

Do you need to have played Pokemon Black and White (first version) in order for Black2/White2 to be playable/fun?

Is this game overall any good?

Does it keep true to what the old games used to be?

From what I've played it's a pretty good game, and no you don't need to have played B/W1 to have fun or understand the story( Although it doesn't hurt, as it takes place in the same region and you'll see some familiar faces).

10+ Year Old Account
    English version isnt out yet is it?

Quote Originally Posted by loganroth51 View Post
    English version isnt out yet is it?
    It comes out in North America on October 7th, and Europe on the 12th.

Deleted
    Oh man, can't wait. I'm not expecting the wheel to be reinvented or anything, but Black and White was really solid titles and just getting MORE of that, while now getting a shot at some of the older pokes? Awesome.

It's only out in Japan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like others have said, it's only out in Japan, but the story is set after the events of the first, but I doubt you'd need to know the story of Black and White. It will probably just be references or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Oh man, can't wait. I'm not expecting the wheel to be reinvented or anything, but Black and White was really solid titles and just getting MORE of that, while now getting a shot at some of the older pokes? Awesome.
    Agreed, I did like B/W, but I didn't really like the whole "Only 5th gen pokemon appearing until the story ends". Having a bit of variety like gen 2-4 had is what makes playing the story over and over so much fun.

That, and that Pokemon World Tournament thing has me hooked. Playing against every single gym leader, and champions? Yes please.
    Last edited by Underskilled; 2012-06-30 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Agreed, I did like B/W, but I didn't really like the whole "Only 5th gen pokemon appearing until the story ends". Having a bit of variety like gen 2-4 had is what makes playing the story over and over so much fun.

That, and that Pokemon World Tournament thing has me hooked. Playing against every single gym leader, and champions? Yes please.
    One of the things that kept me interested in B/W1 was that you would always discover new Pokémon, I think it was a nice touch to truly introduce us to the new Pokémon, it did so a million times better than D/P where there's still a good bunch of Pokémon I haven't fought against, and I still dislike pretty much all of Gen 4, simply because the games and the Pokémon just didn't appeal to me at all. It was a good way to introduce us to the new Pokémon, but I'm glad it isn't gonna be the same with B/W2, because now we know the new Pokémon, and now we just want to have fun rather than discover.

I'm totally psyched for the World Tournament, I can't wait to battle the old Gen 1 leaders, they've always been my favorite, and facing up against them again will be a blast. I'm just waiting for the english version though, those english patches that are fanmade never really get long before the official release, and they're always faulty, so I'm gonna wait this time.

B/W1 was a very good game, waaay better than D/P, and it could possibly be even better than R/S, so I'm expecting a lot from the sequel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even know about the World Tournament until this thread... now my excitement has multiplied by 100.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    B/W2 looks really good - I was sceptic of B/W and gen 5 the first time, but I really like the game and the 5th gen. Only thing - NO MORE fire/fight starters please! We've had those for THREE generations now, and they are just getting worse.

---------- Post added 2012-06-30 at 11:28 AM ----------

Well Unova is supposed to be far away from all the other regions, so I'd say it makes sense for only Unova pokémon to be there at first. That and I personally felt "Hey, I payed for a new generation - show me something new".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Black and White 2 both start two years after the events that occur in Black and White. Here's the Trailer, it looks badass.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGXqdlLS3vk
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well Unova is supposed to be far away from all the other regions, so I'd say it makes sense for only Unova pokémon to be there at first. That and I personally felt "Hey, I payed for a new generation - show me something new".
    Well, technically, after the story, the trainers almost right next to the pokemon league of Unova have the older generations of pokemon, so they are technically on the region. But I guess personally, it just felt a little weird; rather than introducing the next gen with the rest of the generations, it secluded it with no ties to the previous generations, until the main story was finished.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am excited as well. The trailer is awesome. Wish the anime had such animation and fierceness.

I quite liked the fact that we could only use 5th gen pokemon until we beat the story."X NEW POKEMON TO CATCH!" and you only run into rattatas and pidgeys got real annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    I quite liked the fact that we could only use 5th gen pokemon until we beat the story."X NEW POKEMON TO CATCH!" and you only run into rattatas and pidgeys got real annoying.
    It wasn't all bad. People like familiarity and it sates the "gen1 perfection" crowd. Entirely new pokemon is very exciting, yea, and Skelington hopes they do more like that, but after 15 years of Pidgeys and Ratattas something felt missing. Hell, he was wishing Tentacools would come back after finding Basculin. At least Tentacool wasn't the only water pokemon in a game ever.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    It wasn't all bad. People like familiarity and it sates the "gen1 perfection" crowd. Entirely new pokemon is very exciting, yea, and Skelington hopes they do more like that, but after 15 years of Pidgeys and Ratattas something felt missing. Hell, he was wishing Tentacools would come back after finding Basculin. At least Tentacool wasn't the only water pokemon in a game ever.
    Not to mention that at least Tentacool, Magikarp and Feebas all had evolutions.... Basculin only had MORE Basculin -_-'
    Black and White though (or rather Gen 5) had more water pokemon than gen 4 though.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2012-07-08 at 06:08 PM.

Black/White was pretty good. I just really dislike the way some of the new Pokémons look. Coffins, chandeliers, cogwheels etc. are man-made things and I don't think they're approperiate concepts for Pokémon. Aside from that little detail however, I'm really looking forward to the sequels.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Black/White was pretty good. I just really dislike the way some of the new Pokémons look. Coffins, chandeliers, cogwheels etc. are man-made things and I don't think they're approperiate concepts for Pokémon. Aside from that little detail however, I'm really looking forward to the sequels.
    Well Magnemite was a clump of iron with two magnets and a screw heh. Doesn't bother me that some pokemon are human-made objects, especially when some pokemon *are* in fact human made products, like Porygon/Porygon 2/Porygon Z or Mewtwo (and Ditto according to a popular theory).

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well Magnemite was a clump of iron with two magnets and a screw heh. Doesn't bother me that some pokemon are human-made objects, especially when some pokemon *are* in fact human made products, like Porygon/Porygon 2/Porygon Z or Mewtwo (and Ditto according to a popular theory).
    Yeah, I suppose you're right about Magnemite. It never really bothered me however since he was practically the only one in Generation I. Sure, Porygon and Mewtwo are also man-made but it's supported by the fact that they're so few and not easily found. Finding say, a Porygon in a laboratory can be explained story-wise. Walking into a cave and seeing a bunch of candles jump around just doesn't work for me :P But of course, it's a matter of opinion.

Pokémon like Absol or Cyndaquil (there are tons of good examples here) are perfect I think. They resemble some sort of animal, yet they're still unique.
    You die.
    You are dead.