Poll: Who would win?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MMO-Champion Sub-Ultimate Showdown Round 1: Roronoa Zoro vs. Batman

Main thread is Here

Roronoa Zoro

"Unarguably an extremely powerful and strong young fighter with immense potential, Zoro is one of the Straw Hat Crew's top three fighters, and his strength is considered so great that, when taking his stern personality into account, people occasionally mistake him as the captain of the Straw Hat Crew after witnessing his skills in battle. While Luffy always fights the strongest enemy, Zoro usually fights the second strongest enemy.

After the two years of intense training with Dracule Mihawk, Zoro has grown much more powerful than before. It is shown during his first appearance after the timeskip that he can cut through extremely large objects with incredible ease, speed, and precision (also considering without the use of his left eye) with only one swing of his sword. Zoro was even able to cut a Pacifista in half with just one slash from his swords, whereas two years prior he barely managed to only slightly damage one." - http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Roron...ies_and_Powers

VS.

Batman

"There are a plethora of superheroes without superpowers but of them all the Batman character relies on "his own scientific knowledge, detective skills, and athletic prowess." In the comic books, Batman is regarded as one of the world's greatest detectives. During Grant Morrison's first storyline in JLA, Superman describes Batman as "the most dangerous man on Earth," able to defeat a team of super-powered aliens all by himself in order to rescue his imprisoned teammates. He is also a master of disguise, often gathering information under the identity of Matches Malone, a notorious gangster. Through intense training, specialized diet, and biofeedback treatments, Batman represented the pinnacle of human physical prowess. His physical attributes exceeded that of any Olympic level athlete that has ever competed. His strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes and coordination are at peak human perfection." - http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_(Bruce_Wayne)

Deleted
    Zoro without a fail.
    Batman doesn't even stand the slightest chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zoro well... because he's Zoro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Batman well... because he's The Goddamn Batman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasselina View Post
    Zoro well... because he's Zoro.
    Arcanine. Squee!
    Also yes.
    Zoro'd easily defeat armies of Bat...men.

if batman can kill superman i think he can kill this guy

also batman beat the hell outta Spawn who pretty much has the same abilities as this zoro guy (not including spawn's necro powers)
    Last edited by Solseka; 2012-06-30 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know this zorro guy but the only real zorro is Don Diego de la Vega. Batman will kick this guys ass simply becouse he is the batman.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good to know everyone has good reasons for who they pick :3

I've never seen One Piece so I'm going off what I'm reading. Zoro only seems slightly superhuman to me. Batman deals with superhumans on a regular basis. Batman's also got range and gadgets to think of.

I'm gonna say Batman, but really though, if Batman wins a fight or not depends heavily on how much plot armor he's given. He does things that seem impossible when you look at them objectively. One time, he actually knocked Darkseid back with one of his exploding Batarangs. That's like, I don't know, taking down the shield of the Starship Enterprise by throwing a piece of lint at it.

Last I checked DC actually killed Batman off, and then they rebooted all the characters from New Earth, saying fuck continuity. Plot armor ran out when Darkseid disintegrated his body and shot his soul 65 million years into the past.

So I'm just gonna guess Batman only gets a moderate amount of plot armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zoro has the advantage in power, speed, reflexes and endurance.
    Batman is a lot smarter.

I think it would depend a lot on the environment. Batman likes to hide in the darkness and play mind games. Usually when I picture a neutral environment, I picture the Hyperbolic Time Chamber from DBZ, where it is just a white void that stretches forever. That would favor Zoro I think.

Now that Zoro has Kenbunshoku Haki, he could probably predict and either avoid or deflect most of Batman's attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know both these characters pretty well and I vote for Zoro. Now Zoro might act like an idiot sometimes but he has what it takes to take down Batman for 3 simple reasons:

1.) He has great battle intuition (even before he got haki.) He has shown this on numerous battles not to mentions he's a master swordsman.

2.) He possesses Observation Haki, for those who don't watch One Piece what this basically is that Zoro has the ability to foresee what his opponent's next move will be and gives you the ability to detect other forms of life around the local area.

3.) His strength is superhuman even at the beginning of the series. And now after gaining Arnament and observation haki his combat abilities are many steps further than the average human.

However, with Batman being alot more popular I think it's safe to assume that Batman will win this poll by a landslide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    I don't think any amount of gadgets or physical prowess can stop a Shishi Sonson. Or a point blank Ashura for that matter. Even if Batman tries running circles around him, Zoro just slices stuff up endlessly without tire.

Also 'cause, you know, he's got the coolest fucking Seiyuu in the whole goddamn world (besides maybe Anderson <_< >_>).
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

Batman would destroy him handily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted batman, because i hate zoro.

Batman would study his opponent first and foremost and find a weakness. There is a reason he is ranked very high on any superhero list and he has no super powers to speak of. Once you get over the anime fanboyisms, and think logically (like Batman) you will agree. Zoro is cool, but Bruce Wayne has bested better.

Batman will win due to popularity. Nothing he can do to win in the fight, people just favor/know him better.
    New and shiny compppppp!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's true that I'm absolutely a Batman fanboy, but after reading those descriptions, it's hard for me not to see him as the logical choice, not just my preferred hero. If Superman is saying "holy fuck, stay out of this guy's way", I'm inclined to do so.

Deleted
    It is a pretty close match up to be fair to the OP but i would have to say Batman always finds a way to defeat his opponent and it would be no different here.

Batman is trained as a ninja. He is deadly, silent, and thanks to his tactical training he can confuse the enemy during the fight. Zoro is a really good warrior, with incredible strengh and speed. Who would win?

Depends on franchise. If fight would happen in Batmans universe, Batman would win, using Zoros overconfidence against him. In Zoros universe... well, Batman would be simply a meatbag. He would hardly be an enemy compared to some of the guys from One Piece.

Then again, in even ground, it's Batman for me. He fought big guys, smart guys, psychic guys and so on, knows how to exploit enemies weak points and how to retreat and attack again. But it wouldn't be an easy fight, as one scratch from this goddamn sword would tear him apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Romandix View Post
    It is a pretty close match up to be fair to the OP but i would have to say Batman always finds a way to defeat his opponent and it would be no different here.

Just sayin.