Looking for help updating Watcher for MoP

An addon similar to, or addon author to update http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/shotwatch (aka Watcher)

This addon is very similar to coolline, sexycooldown, fortexorcist --- with a big exception.
    - When skills come off CD/debuffs fade, the pictures of said skills do not disappear, and are stacked in a priority system YOU set up.

This addon works in live atm (there is an issue with a display text, which can be disabled)
    It does not work in MoP beta

if anyone has any ideas on how to GET this updated, that would be appreciated as well.. but I don't do programming/lua .. its beyond me Lol.

Can't figure out how to configure it to see if it's actually working or not, but replacing
    Code:
    			self.health = UnitHealth("target")/UnitHealthMax("target")
    at line 552 in core.lua with
    Code:
    			if UnitHealth("target") ~= 0 then
    			self.health = UnitHealth("target")/UnitHealthMax("target")
    			else self.health = 0
    			end
    makes it stop throwing errors.

EDIT: Ok, figured out how to config, seems to work fine.
    Last edited by Pikapika; 2012-07-01 at 05:31 AM.

Dont yet have time to put this in and test -- but someone else had me do the following (did not fix)

Open Watcher\core.lua in a text editor and replace GetActiveTalentGroup() with GetActiveSpecGroup()

Should I undo this change?
    - Also.... How do I find.. line 552 -- can I just search for that code and *find-and-replace* in essence?.. my text editor doesn't show lines.. but Im very new at this, perhaps I should be using a different program?

Thank you for the help!!

Deleted
    I'd recommend Notepad++. But yeah, searching for the code should work.

You should be able to ctrl f that first sequence and replace it with the second, yeah. And here's an addon I found that works as a temporary workaround for some of the UI calls that got updated; http://www.mediafire.com/?7os94u39nw1rh2d.

Thank you so very much Pikapika -- that coding change fixed it (from what I can tell quickly anyway) -- I was unable to copy over my wtf variables for it successfully so I had to re-set it up from scratch

Im not sure I understand your 2nd post here (#5) -- what is that file supposed to do? ((Keeping in mind that the only addon I *need* is this ShotWatch.. everything else I can deal without >.> and you fixed it! ))

It redirects a number of the old lua calls (like GetActiveTalentGroup()) to the new ones (GetActiveSpecGroup() for our example) without having to fix every addon you use. It's just a workaround until every addon gets updated for MoP.

Ahh, ty - so its an addon that.. fixes other addons >.> I didn't even know you could do things like that!

May reference that link to some friends of mine that are a bit more active in beta then I am.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 05:33 PM ----------

Error in raid:

Message: Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:399: attempt to call global 'GetNumRaidMembers' (a nil value)
    Time: 07/02/12 10:32:12
    Count: 1
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:399: in function `scan'
    Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:355: in function `?'
    ...her\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147: in function <...her\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4>
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:13: in function `?'
    ...her\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:92: in function `Fire'
    ...ce\AddOns\Watcher\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:120: in function <...ce\AddOns\Watcher\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Locals: <none>

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 05:34 PM ----------

Error when targeting someone (while in a raid)

Message: Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:399: attempt to call global 'GetNumRaidMembers' (a nil value)
    Time: 07/02/12 10:33:37
    Count: 1
    Stack: Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:399: in function `scan'
    Interface\AddOns\Watcher\Core.lua:355: in function `?'
    ...her\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147: in function <...her\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4>
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:13: in function `?'
    ...her\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:92: in function `Fire'
    ...ce\AddOns\Watcher\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:120: in function <...ce\AddOns\Watcher\Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>
    [C]: in function `TargetUnit'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:1233: in function `?'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4318: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4032: in function `ChatEdit_SendText'
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4071: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed'
    [string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>

Locals: <none>

GetNumRaidMembers has been renamed to GetNumGroupMembers

Doing a find and replace appears to have fixed this.

Deleted
    Hi, sorry but english is not my native language
    With these changes, the addon is working in MoP?

replace "GetNumRaidMembers" with "GetNumGroupMembers"
    replace "GetActiveTalentGroup()" with "GetActiveSpecGroup()"

Thank you very much for the help

Quote Originally Posted by toitoito View Post
    Hi, sorry but english is not my native language
    With these changes, the addon is working in MoP?

replace "GetNumRaidMembers" with "GetNumGroupMembers"
    replace "GetActiveTalentGroup()" with "GetActiveSpecGroup()"

Thank you very much for the help

Yes Toi - That fixed it so far for me..

Keep in mind, that the Numerical CD display still glitches out -- To disable,
    - type /watcher config
    - Expand the options (little + on left hand side)
    - go to display options
    - Look for *text* tab, maybe called Text options?
    - Uncheck the option for cooldown text, I do not recall the exact name.

As a heads up, this does NOT guarantee that NEW abilities will work within watcher (like Barrage, Call Beast, Murder of Crows, Glaive Toss, etc..)

Deleted
    Thank you very much, at least it may still be used for the core of the rotation