Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    The problem with that is then we would need someone in your exact gear reforged into Mastery to get a comparison and we can't unless you can reforge and if you can by all means try to test it in an instance with log reports, Screenshots while they do show results it would be better to be able to compare Haste vs Mastery logs.
    Yeah, I can't reforge back to my mastery to get that set =/

ignore my statement about increased dps for the time being.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    Yeah, I can't reforge back to my mastery to get that set =/

ignore my statement about increased dps for the time being.
    Been trying to test it myself for a while wish they would fix reforging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

So from this topic I've gathered the following:

Mastery >>>>> Crit >>>>>>>>>>>>> Haste

Is that correct? Assuming the same as on live currently, exp/hit (or whatever you consider their status in Mists) will also have the priority over mastery -- but where does strength come in? There were some comments from Ghostcrawler within the last three to four days concerning the stat values against the core stats (something about the decision being a bit harder) so I'm really curious as to the general effect of one point of mastery versus one point of strength.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderworldSoup View Post

Is that correct? Assuming the same as on live currently, exp/hit (or whatever you consider their status in Mists) will also have the priority over mastery -- but where does strength come in? There were some comments from Ghostcrawler within the last three to four days concerning the stat values against the core stats (something about the decision being a bit harder) so I'm really curious as to the general effect of one point of mastery versus one point of strength.
    Crit is more likely the worst stat. Strength, point for point, should still be better, but gems will have double secondary stats to make them more competitive with strength.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderworldSoup View Post

The jury is still out on our stat weights right now, and likely will be until MoP-conversion when more people are able to toy with the mechanics, allowing the number crunchers greater data samples on which to set our laws. Logically, I think it would be haste over mastery, as haste will let us build HoPo faster and possibly bring us to the point where were completely global-locked similar to a Frost DK. However, some very rough data from beta suggests that haste will scale slower per rating than will mastery (and that crit will scale worst of all), which may end up lending more weight to mastery as we can stack it higher, faster. A lot of this will be eventually be based on Sanctity of Battle's conversion, which has been reported to be pretty weak by people in this thread.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    I know Mastery and Haste are pretty good in terms of what stat to get but my problem is how would one know. Especially during major content patchs come out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Still can't reforge on beta as of the last build so I still can't actually test the differences.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Still can't reforge on beta as of the last build so I still can't actually test the differences.
    It works for me. The server I'm on is Lost Isles (US)

15+ Year Old Account
    Hm ok I'll login and go do some tests again would like to get some better results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tnx for doing the math guys... just remember that Inq scales our Mastery and Haste lowers our GCD.

Right now, I'm full Malevolent. +10% haste and 25,75% mastery. My CS is on 4,09sec CD. Anyone know where we can see our GCD?

Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    Tnx for doing the math guys... just remember that Inq scales our Mastery and Haste lowers our GCD.

Right now, I'm full Malevolent. +10% haste and 25,75% mastery. My CS is on 4,09sec CD. Anyone know where we can see our GCD?
    If you have 10% haste, the formula is 1.5/1.10, which equals 1.363636(repeating). If you have 20% haste, it's 1.5/1.20, which equals 1.25. and so on.
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-07-31 at 09:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, tnx man.

By the way, if I for some bizarre reason use Seal of Insight, my CS CD get to 3,72sec because of the 10% casting speed. I just don't think it can be fast enough to make it worth using it, but if I reforge and stack more haste and get full haste buff, we'll get real close to 3s CD... I wonder how heroism whould affect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    Nice, tnx man.

By the way, if I for some bizarre reason use Seal of Insight, my CS CD get to 3,72sec because of the 10% casting speed. I just don't think it can be fast enough to make it worth using it, but if I reforge and stack more haste and get full haste buff, we'll get real close to 3s CD... I wonder how heroism whould affect it.
    3 seconds is technically not the "cap" anymore because GCD scales with CS - there's no defined hard limit to haste in MoP. In my PVP gear haste/crit reforged, I feel like I'm nearly GCD-locked anyway a lot of the time.