Poll: Would you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Would you destroy the world in order to have world peace?

Tread title is question.

SCENARIO: Let's say that you have to make an extremely important decision. You have the forces, weaponry, and manpower to do this.

-You will wage an incredibly destructive war, devastating the world and its population, but in the aftermath, all of humanity once and for all will be united, world peace forever will be obtained.

-You do NOT wage war. The world and its population are not devastated, but humans will continue to war against each other in much smaller (although still brutal) wars in the centuries to come.

What would you do?
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

With the forces, weaponry and manpower i would create my own small country with happy people, and i would not give a shit about rest of the world.

Will I survive the extremely destructive war?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Tread title is question.
    What would you do?
    I'm not a person that would half-ass it, I would continue until there were NO more people left. only when humans are gone will there be peace.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

There is no world peace without a world.

Deleted
    I wouldn't have to destroy all of the world to achieve world peace, only areas of political instability and extremist regimes. There wouldn't be that much destruction. But if I had all of that, I wouldn't bother with world peace, I would make my own country and play a role in world politics. Sounds much more entertaining than being a dictator in a "new world order".

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I would. The world right now is so shitty that I would gladly do this with no regret. If I have to sacrifice many so that there can be a world that I can actually enjoy myself without any worries hell yes I would do this. Even if it cost me my own life.

In a more fantasy like scenario, if I could I would go as far as destroying reality itself and remaking it the way I want it to be.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    Tread title is question.

SCENARIO: Let's say that you have to make an extremely important decision. You have the forces, weaponry, and manpower to do this.

-You will wage an incredibly destructive war, devastating the world and its population, but in the aftermath, all of humanity once and for all will be united, world peace forever will be obtained.

-You do NOT wage war. The world and its population are not devastated, but humans will continue to war against each other in much smaller (although still brutal) wars in the centuries to come.

What would you do?
    Yes, I'd do it. Ten times over, if I had too. The ends justify the means, and peace is the most important end of all.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had that kind of power, I could force my will upon everyone, thereby giving them the choice; obey me (and observe peace) or be annihilated.

It took two atomic bombs to convince Japan to surrender in WW2. Not one. Two. Tenacity and willpower are powerful weapons, and if you take those away, people have little with which to oppose you.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    I would. It'd be a hard decision, and I'd probably be remembered as a tyrant for doing it, but somebody has to open the door for humans to conquer the universe. We can't do that while we're still fighting each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    I'm not a person that would half-ass it, I would continue until there were NO more people left. only when humans are gone will there be peace.
    It baffles me that people can have such a low opinion of the entire human race. Not every human is some sort of evil creature, many have done a lot of good for the planet.

On topic, though...I wouldn't wage a war for peace. It's very contradictory and far too many people and regions would end up damaged beyond repair. More than currently, that is. It'd also end up with certain cultures being stamped out entirely, and that'd be a bad thing considering just how healthy diversity is for evolution.

No, because then you would just be seen as some dictator who gains his goals by force. That never works on the long term.

It's better to let everyone join out of free will. Even if it goes slow.
    If there's something I've learned from my time on this planet so far, it's that you can't force people to do things. Even if they
    submit, it'll never be 100%

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes I would. Though the outcome would be irrelevant... world pieces!

Though I envision this in more of a "me having super powers" scenario, and having nothing to do with the subsequent ruling powers in the end.

Yes, Humanity needs to be united to stand against Chaos and xenos races.

I disagree with your outcome if you destroy all nations to create peace, such a peace would not last.
    unless you kill every human that is not a part of your forces there will be grudges, even then over time conflict will emerge. We would need an outside force to fight for humanity to be united, and even then we would not be peacefully united.

but with that said... Victory or death, for the Terran empire!

A war to end all wars. That's about the only one worth fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    A war to end all wars. That's about the only one worth fighting.
    That war has been fought many times, without the desired effect.

Peace is impossible to achieve if it is forced through one person will. As long as there will be humans we will fight for freedom, it doesn't matter if its a fairly tale, someone will disagree and should and will fight for something different.

I rather live in a chaotic place with freedom of choice then a peaceful environment led by someone else convictions.

Question whatever you take for granted.

10+ Year Old Account
    The world is fucked up, but not so fucked up that we need destroy it to gain peace.
    Putin khuliyo