Poll: What is your alignment?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    True Neutral with slight Chaotic tendencies. Indifference and objectivity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I'm the boring lawful good.
    Shame on you.

CG all day every day.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCAPLS0CK View Post
    Some interesting responses, some that even make me question my own decision :O. And after reading Baiyn's post, I've now discovered a new world of personality types! What is this madness...
    Hehe! Myers-Briggs personality 'typing' is a lot of fun and very interesting, but, like all systems that try to pigeonhole all people into a limited number of character profiles, it should be taken with a pinch of salt. At least Jung's work has solid foundations in legitimate psychology though.

I was contemplating making a 'mega-thread' with a Type-Quiz in the OP to allow people to chat about it. I may just have to do it if it sparks the interest of you and potentially others.

Deleted
    Well, I did a bit of googlewhizzing and found a (pretty crude) test, turned out to be ISFJ. I don't know, found myself disagreeing with some points to it but some of it could be accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chaotic Neutral, Sometimes im good and sometimes im bad... especially if im pissed off!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    IN games either Lawful or chaotic good.

I'm on the border between true neutral/chaotic neutral. I have a lot of tendencies of chaotic, but most of the time it's what I'd like to do but I don't. 99% of times I've been definied true neutral and yet most people take me as a chaotic neutral when they know how I feel instead of how I act.

Both in games and life, though in life I'm a lot more on the chaotic neutral they tell me, i still see myself as a true neutral though.

Neutral Evil

I truly believe in it. My values aren't violent or destructive, but they are definitely ruthless and uncaring. When I'm faced with obstacles, I simply overcome them. I never give any thought whatsoever to the moral implications. My friends and family are immune to being "dealt with" indiscriminately, because they benefit me. In fact, all of my friends are my friends because they're useful. People that I like that aren't useful are just.....I don't know the right term. Amusing? I don't take them seriously.

I won't go out of my way to cause someone problems without reason, but if there's a n obstacle I have no qualms or guilt about dealing with it in the most effective way possible. If I'm new at a job and someone causes me problems, I confront them about it and give them an opportunity to cooperate. If they refuse to cooperate, I'm adversarial with them whenever they cause me problems (fiercely so, sometimes ruthlessly so). As long as they aren't causing me problems, I leave them alone. They'll either learn to stop getting in the way of me doing my job, or they'll have a bad day at work every day that they choose to be in conflict with me. That's how I consider it: we can get along, I have no problem with that. I'll compromise with you, that's usually more productive. But, if you don't cooperate, then you compete. If I'm competing with someone (for time, or resources, as examples) then I win. No competition? We're fine. Do your thing, I'll do mine. Engage in conflict with me? Intolerable. I'll do everything I can to end that conflict as quickly as possible. Preferably compromise (it's the fastest way to keep you from getting in my way), but if not, then the quickest most effective thing I can do to get you off my back. Whining to the boss or trying to make you look bad is pointless, a waste of effort. I'll just take what I need without letting you be in the way. If you don't move, I move you. Your considerations are meaningless to me, because you chose not to compromise with what I needed. You'll get the same treatment from me, escalated.

I'm easy to get along with, because all I care about is being able to do whatever it is that I've decided to do. So, when people decide to try and stop me, I stop them first. You have a family? Not my problem. You have ambitions? Not my problem. We could have worked together, you chose to focus on being adversarial with me instead of either leaving me alone or using me to help your agenda. I'm okay with you using me to further your goals, we can probably use each other. It could be mutually beneficial. If you're costing me, it becomes my problem, and I'm no longer interested in your problems.

Yes, it's heartless. A lot of people don't like it, or at least wish I could, in their words "be more cooperative." But, I cooperate as long as other people are willing to. When people don't cooperate, it makes me angry, because I was willing to cooperate. So, I react.

Yeah, I've driven a lot of people out of their jobs because they caused me problems. Hurt people sometimes. But I always gave those people a chance for mutual benefit. I no longer have pity for them once they've refused my offer of cooperation.

This is just an example of my thought patterns. To me, these types of thought patterns indicate "evil" based on the D&D rubric. The "neutral" part is because of my willingness to cooperate, to avoid unnecessary conflict. I'm not so focused on furthering my agenda that I go out of my way to eliminate potential threats or attack people at random. I try to do things civilly, and then abandon that civility when provoked.

Thusly, neutral evil.

Sorry about the wall of text, but I thought I should explain my thoughts about my alignment instead of just making a two word post

Deleted
    In games, I have 2 DnD characters who both worship Bahamut, so Lawfull good would be my pick.

However, I have an unaligned shaman aswell who is true neutral.

Deleted
    Kind of a mix between everything except lawful good and lawful evil.
    Guess I'm not that lawful, how awful
    Last edited by mmocf128060ac7; 2012-07-01 at 01:19 PM.

A mix between Chaotic Good and Chaotic Neutral. Some of the tenets in both of those are bullshit, most are spot-on.

If Lawful were instead Just(ice) I'd be that; being a slave to the rules of others, however, precludes any friendly interaction between me and followers of that mindset.

Game-wise I'm pretty much always Chaotic Good, but I find myself being Chaotic Evil in my day-to-day life... I wonder why... maybe I'm a bit schizo.

Geez :| so few lawful evil people here. Guess I'm the first posting with this alignment...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Hehe! Myers-Briggs personality 'typing' is a lot of fun and very interesting, but, like all systems that try to pigeonhole all people into a limited number of character profiles, it should be taken with a pinch of salt. At least Jung's work has solid foundations in legitimate psychology though.

I was contemplating making a 'mega-thread' with a Type-Quiz in the OP to allow people to chat about it. I may just have to do it if it sparks the interest of you and potentially others.
    I think personality quizzes are fun. I'd enjoy such a thread. Btw, I liked your old avatar better Blood Elves were my favorite Horde race. If I had ever rolled horde in those 6 years of wow, I'd have rolled BE. Bring it back or I'll create a thousand separate threads about religion!
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-07-01 at 02:19 PM.

Deleted
    somewhere between true neutral and chaotic neutral

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    I think personality quizzes are fun. I'd enjoy such a thread. Btw, I liked your old avatar better Blood Elves were my favorite Horde race. If I had ever rolled horde in those 6 years of wow, I'd have rolled BE. Bring it back or I'll create a thousand separate threads about religion!
    You would do such a heinous thing?! But, you listed yourself as Good! Spamming threads of that nature would be downright Chaotic Evil!!

Good to hear you'd be interested in a personality thread too. I'll need a little time to draft up a classy OP, but I'll likely make one some time soon. ^^

Also, blood elves definitely rock. By far my favourite Warcraft race and one of my favourite fantasies races generally, if not my all-time favourite. I'd had that ava/sig for so long now, though, that it felt like it was time for a change. The pokemon thread reminded me what a boss Arcanine is, so I went with him.
    I can't promise I'll have an elfalicious avatar any time soon, but I can offer some schexy blood elf ranger art as consolation (I recommend finding that guys art of Liadrin too, I won't link you directly to it though 'cos dat ass-crack!).

10+ Year Old Account
    in every game and in real life:

true neutral. with tendencies towards chaotic and sometimes strong ones in either good and evil.

but normaly i could not be arsed to care. sometimes i am nice to people who not expect it (but deserve it) and on the other side really malicous towards assholes.

i don't like extremes in every way.

Neutral Good. Sometimes a bit Chaotic Good.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am True Neutral.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there a god that dosnt give a f...? cuz i'd be that one ;p