Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Damn, now I want to make an actual clinkz character
    What armor looks like a skeleton? And how do I make burning arrow viable lol
    I used a Burning Arrow centric build on a Marauder.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...VX4rnNnaqHdkp9

Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Almost by default I question whether the majority casual players would care about or even know the name of e-famous hardcore players. Why do you assume a casual player would compare and chase anyone other than their own friends playing the game?
    It's simple. They don't know the name of e-famous hardcore players, the don't even care, BUT they see those hardcores in the cities, they see them obtaining that "super gear" and, because this is the nature of the typical human being, most of them think "wow, I wanna be the same, I want that uber gear, game will be easier, I will own the PvE/PvP content like them" and so on.
    And if casuals know the name of e-famous hardcore players, the scenario is the same, just the name is know.

Generally, all online games are made to fulfill and tease our basic social desires. Think about it before you "waste" +10h/day on them just to geat that "best gear ever" :P
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-02-08 at 10:40 PM.

- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/...l_is_going_on/

WTF is going on? FIREWORKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

<Mod Edit: Please don't use huge pictures, reduced to click-able thumbnail> -ops, didn't know that was possible, see how it's done now though, thanks.
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2013-02-08 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Reduced to clickable thumbnail

Public groups make me hate summoners
    2 times in a row theres a summoner who is a useless piece of shit with 20 thousand summons cluttering the screen while dealing no damage whatsoever
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Summoners don't really do a lot DPS. At least not till late game.

It's mostly the wall of bodies and defuffs they bring to the table. A good summoner is either cursing, fearing, shocking, freezing or blinding the mobs in mass as well as drawing heat off players via minions.

I'm not end game by any means but I don't see how a summoner can't be extremely useful with the right wraiths.

I always try to ghost a gorilla for max party wide frenzy charges, a necro for cursing and one of those ribbon guys in Solaris temple for added aoe. Like to stack my Specter gem with +qual Minion Life and Speed.

Poison Arrow bandit archers are also very, very strong ghosts. They aoe + degen + ES pen.

Pretty much exactly what I use, though I do cursing myself so I stopped rezzing necros. Gorilla chiefs and fire sentinels all the way!

I like to take a Conductivity casting necro as I tend to spark/arc or enfeeble myself. Slight laziness on my part. But also 1 necro will say alive for a LONG time unlike other ghosts.

The flame sentinels are pretty good about it, they're the one ranged mob I've found that will actively run away to keep itself alive when everything else just face tanks.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Summoners are actually pretty godly in maps because they can soak pretty well well least in my experience anyway despite my supercomputer LAGS like hell they do save my life haha. Those maps are mean REALLY mean =/

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    The flame sentinels are pretty good about it, they're the one ranged mob I've found that will actively run away to keep itself alive when everything else just face tanks.
    Necros are programmed to run away too. That's partly why I like them, the cursing is the other part.

The ranged ghosts that don't run away are like the archer bandits/skeletons and the little constructs. The potted plant looking guys from Vaal Ruins.

While we're on the subject of summons, I'm 100% convinced they're gonna nerf skeleton totem
    Its completely broken how it summons 2 disposable meatshields every second for basically no cost. I'd use that totem on every single char
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Every single build I know of in HC has a spell totem + summon skeletons for the sheer utility of it.

It's very handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Every single build I know of in HC has a spell totem + summon skeletons for the sheer utility of it.

It's very handy.
    True, although I am a big fan of my flame totem with +flee on hit, +GMP, +blind, +knockback socketed into it (or any combination of 4 if you don't want to waste a 5 socket on a totem). That thing tanks like a champ because melee mobs can't get close to it to hit it, or if they do, they are blind most of the time (atk speed on flame totem is 0.003s). Its also pretty handy vs bosses and orange mobs.

I play a HC explo-arrow 'rauder, level 70 atm. That totem does wonders for keeping shit away from me while I explode it.

Although skel totem would probably be a lot better vs flicker strikers.

Flame totem+ Knockback is good. The problem is that it doesn't spread damage like Skellie totem.

I'm playing a summoner now and I just hit 66 and honestly I feel like a god among men haha 7 Zombies plus skele totem = ownage along with my curses and massive fire damage.

http://i.imgur.com/bZhtKGU.png

Transcript of Brian on Kripp's stream answering questions (http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/...ver_two_hours/)

WHIRLWIND SKILL INCOMING!!!

So I get the unique staff Searing Touch and kinda depressed. I want to start a fire witch, but the stupid thing is so... stupid? It's just so hard to get the sockets to be anything ideal. I cant get it to have more than 2 sockets and it LOVES being red sockets. Now I have no orbs left to use on it and it's stuck at being a 1 red socket item that's completely useless in its current state.

The gem system kinda feels a lot like playing some RNG grind in other games when it comes to being on a specific item. It's not that hard when it's armor that can be anything because then you can find a white drop with the sockets and just upgrade it. However when it comes to uniques it just feels brutal when it's mandatory to make use of the unique. Shame because it was the first unique I found that could actually be useful for a long period of time so I was excited about being able to use it.
    What's the iLevel of the staff? If you are gonna blow currency on a unique, gotta know that iLevel.

Also staves are Str/Int weapons. Meaning they are more likely to roll Red/Blue than Green. Pretty expensive to get G/G/B/B on that thing for example.

There is randomness to the currency system [keeps in interesting/long term goal] but there is a method to everything. Such as knowing base type, affixes, iLevel and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Transcript of Brian on Kripp's stream answering questions (http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/...ver_two_hours/)
    "We want to improve cleave so it doesn't feel like a skill from 1992."

Had me hook, line and now sinker Grinding Gear Games. Have some more of my money.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-09 at 10:16 AM.

I'm thinking of making a bow templar using elemental hit. What is the best way to get the required dex for end game bows?