Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Anything having It's R take off is like 50% more damage It's dumb as hell hence elemental weakness is one of the core part of well most people's abilities added with LP = even more ridiculous damage
    But it seems like in the original build, the guy really only uses Arc for spreading shock, not for damage at all. This would save a lot of mana (not having to level Arc, not adding another support gem to it), in order to have more aura's on (or at least that's how I see it now, but I'm more than happy to hear if I'm thinking wrong)

Cheers!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I got that 6 socket chest 5 linked made me emo as hell /wrist I'm at my 102th fusion

TALLY this! I am getting to 6 L dammit I WILL DO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Why lightning pen? Do you use it for damage aswell? I've been mostly using it just to get 'shock' across. With Arc this even works without crits. Are you doing it to get some more damage, and if so, do you also level the Arc gem itself?
    The duration of shock is based off the amount of damage dealt. Penetration gems are the most effective damage modifier of elemental attacks.

I level Arc only to the point that I can handle the mana cost. YMMV, my mana regen is very high.

I just started this, what is the most survivalist build out there? there are so many options in that talent tree i panic and don't know where to go with it :/ Should i focus on one type of defense or invest in multiple?
    In my opinion a Marauder "Shogun" spec and Wand/Shield Templar are the toughest/never die specs. Summoner Witch and Bow Templar are not far behind.

Really hard to out do a shotgun Marauder at early to mid levels though. Their innate HP, regen, immunity to stun and so on is just too good at that level range. Over time a Wand/Shield Tamplar or Summon Witch would out pace the Marauder. But you are looking at mid to late game when that happens and the gear investment is MUCH steeper on a Wand/Shield Templar than other classes.

Need to combine defenses. Resistance and Life are the two most important, followed by armor, energy shield, life/energy shield regen and lastly evasion. Evasion only so if you are full evasion statted and can run Grace.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-11 at 02:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kay I'm thinking of trading 16 GCP's for like 96 Fusions

WHAT DO YOU THINK :O?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The duration of shock is based off the amount of damage dealt. Penetration gems are the most effective damage modifier of elemental attacks.

I level Arc only to the point that I can handle the mana cost. YMMV, my mana regen is very high.

Would there be other spells that are more effective in spreading shock (more damage/crits)?
    I feel that with my summoner build I have quite a lot of spare passive points which I could potentially use to increase my damage, so I'm wondering if arc would be the most efficient spell to use.

@I-NO, how the hell do you get so much currency? Playing a lot is one I guess, but lot's of trading also?
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2013-02-11 at 03:45 PM.

Not really, no. Arc is the most effective.

I am assuming you are following VoidMoon's summoner build. That's fine. Though I do not build a summoner as he does, so, whoa differences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would there be other spells that are more effective in spreading shock (more damage/crits)?
    I feel that with my summoner build I have quite a lot of spare passive points which I could potentially use to increase my damage, so I'm wondering if arc would be the most efficient spell to use.

@I-NO, how the hell do you get so much currency? Playing a lot is one I guess, but lot's of trading also?
    It's a lot of trading haha It's really the answer and yeah playing a lot can be a key factor

Does anyone have a Ranger passive tree i could use for normal difficulty?

When should i start using all these orbs (Chaotic orb, prismatic orb etc.) ?

Don't waste currency above orbs of transmutation before level 30 at the least. Delay as long as possible.

"Ranger passive tree" doesn't really mean anything. Are you asking for a Ranger bow, two-hand melee, 1h/shield melee or caster build? Elemental bow or physical bow? Melee elemental or physical?

I don't know what you are asking for. >.>

Deleted
    Not really, no. Arc is the most effective.

I am assuming you are following VoidMoon's summoner build. That's fine. Though I do not build a summoner as he does, so, whoa differences.
    Thanks!
    Nah, not really following his build, except that I'm also using Arc (which I got from his post). For the rest I'm filling in my own tree =)

Thanks for the help!

10+ Year Old Account
    You know I once used like 6 chaos orbs when I was still a newbie in this game I was like MEH I'M SURE I WON'T EVER USE THESE

Lol'd

Thanks!
    Nah, not really following his build, except that I'm also using Arc (which I got from his post). For the rest I'm filling in my own tree =)

Thanks for the help!
    Increased cast speed is incredible for Summoners. Whenever I felt indecisive at a turning point on my Summoner, I reached for an accessible cast speed node. Its extremely useful in endgame. Just so good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found out that quivers still affect unarmed damage. Equipped a rare quiver that has a two physical damage mods and saw my DPS jump up by about 90 points.

As was foreseen:P PoE is loosing hours on xfire and watchers on Twith.tv day by day. Well, considering that only a few hardcore players post here, it's sad to say "I told you so?" heh. 4-5 new skills won't repair anything, poor PoE.

Please post productively. "I told you so" posts add nothing to the conversation and generally only serve to cause problems. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-02-11 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    As was foreseen:P PoE is loosing hours on xfire and watchers on Twith.tv day by day. Well, considering that only a few hardcore players post here, it's sad to say "I told you so?" heh. 4-5 new skills won't repair anything, poor PoE.
    I doubt any of the people playing it are concerned by such things. There's only so much content that can be shown on Twitch and the like at the moment, until more content is released. People flow and ebb back and forth from games as new things are added, updates are released and expansions are made. It's just the way games have always worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean your opinion is end all be all. Seriously what did the game do to you? You're acting like it killed your dog or something. If you don't like it go find something else to do instead of trying to feed your "always needs to try and prove a point complex". Get over yourself.

Hey Fencers, perhaps you know the answer to this as my Google skills met it's match. I'm trying a caster shadow ES build with Ghost Reaver (through Life Leech gem) and the concept seems broken as the ES returns I get are sporadic at best and mostly only noticeable if I'm punctured. While my HP pool isn't that great you would think I'd see noticeable returns when my Arc is chaining through multiple mobs.

Is it simply a rounding issue or does one have to combine it with Vaal Pact to get the result that I'm expecting?
    Last edited by Redblade; 2013-02-11 at 08:40 PM.

As was foreseen:P PoE is loosing hours on xfire and watchers on Twith.tv day by day.
    That's actually not true. Last night POE was 3rd on Twitch TV. Ahead of DOTA2. Second to World of Warcraft.

And there was a League of Legends tournament on going along with some of the most popular LoL streamers; St. Vicious, Riot's own employees, Dryus, Oddone, etc.

That's pretty damn impressive for POE.

Just pointing out the fallacy expressed here.

Hey Fencers, perhaps you know the answer to this as my Google skills met it's match. I'm trying a caster shadow ES build with Ghost Reaver (through Life Leech gem) and the concept seems broken as the ES returns I get are sporadic at best and mostly only noticeable if I'm punctured. While my HP pool isn't that great you would think I'd see noticeable returns when my Arc is chaining through multiple mobs.

Is it simply a rounding issue or does one have to combine it with Vaal Pact to get the result that I'm expecting?
    Hm, could be a quirk with Arc. But can't say I used GR with Arc at all really.

Have used GR with bows, daggers/claws, Freezing Pulse and Spark. The return seemed pretty good to me. Especially so with Spark and bows.

What % is your Life Leech gem at?

Also do note that Life Leeching is more of a HOT than direct heal. And it is capped relative to your total HP, or ES in the case of GR.

What % is your Life Leech gem at?
    Only at 1% currently hence my suspicion that it can be a rounding issue.

Also do note that Life Leeching is more of a HOT than direct heal. And it is capped relative to your total HP, or ES in the case of GR.
    Yeah I know but me and one archer facing off should give me visible returns I'd think, something that it doesn't all the time, very confusing but I'll assume it will work it self out with better level on the gem and more deeps.

That's actually not true. Last night POE was 3rd on Twitch TV. Ahead of DOTA2. Second to World of Warcraft.

And there was a League of Legends tournament on going along with some of the most popular LoL streamers; St. Vicious, Riot's own employees, Dryus, Oddone, etc.

That's pretty damn impressive for POE.

Just pointing out the fallacy expressed here.
    Yesterday was Sunday, the weekend, now I am pointing out the fallacy you expressed here, keep in mind that weekends in online gaming are completelly different than typical day. It's different, but still, you will see in time. Yes I have the "always try to prove my words" complex, because I am almost always right.
    I don't know who picked moderators, but expressing negative words regarding the game shouldn't be punishable, I don't understand this whole "don't tease them, they will get angry! be nice!" politics. It's soo unnatural and false. Nvm, root here.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-02-11 at 09:22 PM.