After a bit more tooling around with the skill tree, I managed to come up with another couple of variations on the Shield-Duelist based on Fencer's changes to my original, basically coming down to a split on the following:

A: 147% increased armor, 104% increased max energy shield, 50% elemental resist.

Shield Duelist A

B: 189% increased armor, 44% increased max energy shield, 40% elemental resist

Shield Duelist B

Any further tweaks/alterations would be interesting to see. At the moment I'm leaning way towards A, though I'm having to assume I'd be forced into B, as the extremely low intelligence will probably hinder the Energy Shield stacking as there won't be as much access to +ES gear as would be preferable.

Addendum: Came up with the following variation to make use of far more ES gear, with the points accessed, should only require 1~2 pieces of gear with +Int to use anything at all. It can probably be tweaked a lot more though.

Shield Duelist +Intellect

Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-02-17 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Addendum

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerion View Post
    I'm not sure why the emphasis on twitch.tv viewership. It's meaningless. For PoE's case it's basically held up by two people. Nugiyen and Kripparian. It's not held up by multiple people like LoL, DotA 2 or SC2. I mean Kungen was playing PoE a while back and helped it out then. However, did his 4k~ viewers stay for PoE? Maybe some but the vast majority of his viewership left with him. When Kripp was playing WoW he took his entire viewership with him and PoE was nowhere near the top 10 in the evenings. People watch streaming for the streamer and not for the game. Hell people watch Kripp make spreadsheets.

Exactly some guy that left his cam on while he slept had 3000 people watch.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I got this bow for free

I had to divine it 3 times to make it better then my bow haha

It took literally 2 jewelers for this to be 6 socket now the final step....

... Is to link them 5L <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Picked up Infernal Blow after starting an Freezing Pulse Templar and gave it to my Facebreaker Duelist, and holy cow has my damage gone up. I have it with Added Physical and Added Fire damage, my unbuffed DPS with it is ~738. Also running Hatred and Anger, which bumps it up to almost 900. He's at level 42, and farming/grind the Ledge for XP is a breeze. Really wish I picked up Infernal Blow earlier.

Deleted
    I was wondering if people that have done Acts on the harder modes wont be out-leveled when the new content comes for Act 3 and futher and will just be trolling through it all because of good gear and higher level?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuuu Drengen View Post
    I was wondering if people that have done Acts on the harder modes wont be out-leveled when the new content comes for Act 3 and futher and will just be trolling through it all because of good gear and higher level?
    very probably...which is unfortunate.

Been facerolling on my frost witch, only boss i've had a problem with was mervil and her having frost resist.

Ice spear is bloody mental good fun if you can keep your distance, managed to get an +80% crit chance dagger with 35% more spell damage on it...brought the base crit to 15.3% and ice spears second form increases that by 600% so i am 90.8 chance to crit
    with lesser multiple projectiles i may loose 30% damage but having the projectile pierce in first form makes it crazy good for rare monsters that get up close...2 or 3 hits and they are gone because all 3 projectiles hit them.

now to get some crit damage multipliers...got 2 10% ones so far bringing it to 180% extra damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    very probably...which is unfortunate.
    ...And this is why i rather want new content then doing the harder modes. I want to have fun on my main and explore new things as i level and not just do the same areas over and over and become way too OP for future content

Finally trying my hand at hardcore. I'm trying a dual totem build - which is more of a late game build, but I'm just going to take it slow and steady and see how I do. I finally decided to take the plunge when I realised I'd gotten the same build in softcore through the first difficulty with one death - which had been easily avoidable early on.

Worst that comes of it is I fail and I continue to play a build I was already going to try out anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Awesome first time leveling a toon so if I can't respect I was going to stop playing lol.
    You can not do full respecs. You'll get a few respec points from quests while leveling in each difficulty level and Orbs of Regret which are rare orb drops. You will still need to plan your build.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    ...And this is why i rather want new content then doing the harder modes. I want to have fun on my main and explore new things as i level and not just do the same areas over and over and become way too OP for future content
    Don't see any reason why the couldn't increase the level of the monsters to an appropriate difficulty...something like how the maps work

Only a relatively small amount of players would be that high level. The other thing is that GGG can just make new content really hard. It is quite possible [and common] for a level 87-88 player to die in a level 77 Map, for example.

Also the game is an ARPG by design. Which is to say the "content" isn't intended for exploring. A in ARPG doesn't stand for Adventure. The "quests", super scare quotes on that, are a gameplay device to move players to the farming areas.

In short; it doesn't matter at all what level new content is added.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are going to die in maps I promise you this there is no possible way you can actually BE OP in the end game like sorry you are going to die in that game and very VERY painfully. Oh and leveling is hard and stressful as hell like arg around 70+ is where it goes into I gouge my eyes out mode in terms of leveling
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-02-17 at 06:27 PM.

Once you hit about level 70-72 it takes like a day of pure grinding to get even 1 level. Of course, that is assuming you don't die while grinding. As a single death will set you back hours. When you hit the 80s, it could easily take 2-3 days to get a single level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you lose levels when you die? I want to say no, since I died relatively close to leveling and didn't lose that level, but I'm not entirely sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Once you hit about level 70-72 it takes like a day of pure grinding to get even 1 level. Of course, that is assuming you don't die while grinding. As a single death will set you back hours. When you hit the 80s, it could easily take 2-3 days to get a single level.
    Thats not completely true, it depends how well your spec is up to 74 leveling can be -really easy- if your spec is good enough to deal with docks, i dont even remember 65-74 cause i grinded docks for a day and my pure summoner spec facerolls it along with most maps as long as i pay attention and dont run like a retard ;D

After that its how well you handle maps, generally if the spec is good up to 79 which is 60-65mil per level, you can gain a level in a few hours after that you can simply have high level maps and go as fast, but those are rare ;3 so the 85 mil for 79-80 are a bit too much and will take longer than a day since the XP from 66 maps starts becoming useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Can you lose levels when you die? I want to say no, since I died relatively close to leveling and didn't lose that level, but I'm not entirely sure.
    Naw you can't lose levels; so it's better to grind out somewhere safe and ding, and then take on a scary map or boss when you've freshly levelled since then you won't lose anything (assuming you're already on softcore).

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Thats not completely true
    Generally speaking, it is true. Leveling slows down around the mid 70s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Generally speaking, it is true. Leveling slows down around the mid 70s.
    Don't remind me 83-84 is horrid and I've died like 8 times because my crew likes to drag me to high level maps which I don't mind just they like to the stupidiest mods like Temp chains

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 08:02 PM ----------

Oh and I did finish the 5L to the best bow in the game well obviously next to mine which both are worth 15+++ Exalted on a side note :O

SUCCESS!

20 20 20 20 20 17 9 and my gems are almost done I should do HC soon n.n
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-02-17 at 08:05 PM.

You're still not level 100 slacker.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 100 in my mind that counts!

xD