Quote Originally Posted by Daarksoul View Post
    Hmmm. Is the moderator actually trolling me? lol
    I can't believe you really don't know what I'm talking about here?

Anyway, if I wanted to play a game where stuff I can't see is attacking me, I'd boot up my favorite text based rpg.
    Both D3 and POE use overhead camera angles. They both have mobs off screen.

"OMFG that's your camera angle" isn't exactly Joyce levels of description here.

Here are two screens off the respective websites, direct link. No player tinkering.

Path of Exile

Diablo 3

The camera angles are nearly identical except for the smaller character models of Diablo 3.

Both overhead, slightly isometric camera angles in the traditional style of ARPGs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started playing PoE after I mentioned in guild chat that I spent 400+ hours on Diablo 3 and I got spammed to hell with WTF is wrong with you and shit game is shit comments.

PoE is pretty unique and awesome. You have to actually explore as the game doesn't baby you and hold your hand every step of the way. However, the biggest selling point for me was the lack of an AH and itemization. I love rolling and getting stats I can actually use (even if it's only a minor upgrade).

So how long before Blizzard tries to buy out GGG or hire them to fix their corporate inspired oblivion of a game?

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    I just started playing PoE after I mentioned in guild chat that I spent 400+ hours on Diablo 3 and I got spammed to hell with WTF is wrong with you and shit game is shit comments.

PoE is pretty unique and awesome. You have to actually explore as the game doesn't baby you and hold your hand every step of the way. However, the biggest selling point for me was the lack of an AH and itemization. I love rolling and getting stats I can actually use (even if it's only a minor upgrade).

So how long before Blizzard tries to buy out GGG or hire them to fix their corporate inspired oblivion of a game?
    POE and D3 are somewhat different games in the aims & goals. They are not really after the same type of players really. Different business models too.

Pretty unlikely Blizzard would buy out GGG, of course. Diablo 3 was a massive hit!

I think the GGG guys like D3 and the D3 guys like POE. Chris Wilson, head of GGG, was super excited to just talk shop with Jay Wilson at the most recent GDC. Seen talk on the forums too of a D3 devs [and Runic/Gazillion] admiring the work of GGG.

POE and D3 are fine games in their own right. Doesn't seem to be any real strife between the games as designed [POE wasn't a 'protest' of D3] or the developers.

Any sort of game v game exists mostly in the mind's of players.

Chris [poe lead dev] and Jay! [D3 lead dev]
    http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/public...dJayWilson.jpg

Chris & Johnathan [poe lead programmer] with BOTH of the Schaefers! [D2 gods]
    http://webcdn.pathofexile.com/public...Schaefers2.jpg

What Chris said of GDC and meeting the D2 high command:

The parties were beyond amazing. I met Wyatt Cheng (Diablo III - Senior Technical Game Designer) at the Steam party and he invited us to the Blizzard party the following evening. We were extremely impressed by the scale of the Blizzard party. The food and atmosphere were amazing, and there were so many awesome people to talk to. I spent three hours talking with Jay Wilson about game design. He was kind enough to take a photo with me, which I promised I'd post to our community. Jay and Wyatt are both really humble, nice guys. They explained in detail what lessons they learned from the development of D3 and gave up a lot of their free time doing so.

Speaking of Diablo developers, we also had dinner and drinks with Max and Erich Schaefer (of Blizzard North/Flagship/Runic Games). We took a photo with them too (from left: Rhys Abraham, Erich Schaefer, Chris Wilson, Jonathan Rogers, Max Schaefer). We've known Max for a few years now, so it was great to catch up with him and to meet Erich. It's hard not to act like a fanboy around the guys who created Diablo II.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-04-21 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Quit playing today after my friend got hacked (who has new pc and anti-virus) and the response from GGG we do not restore items to accounts, basically a big FU to the customer who spent money in the cash shop on bank slots, weapon glows etc...
    Stay away from this game it has terrible security issues.
    You shouldn't take your characters that seriously ... with all the races and hc deaths you go oh well, delete char & create new char. You play the game as you play MOBA games for example. Also having a pc and anti-virus ... since when do they prevent acc hacking It's like saying car having good tires prevents car crashes. It helps, but there is a whole lot of other stuff going on.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Still loving melee splash...was getting hit fairly hard when using it with infernal blow even with life on hit so i switched to glacial hammer and the damage taken has went down a fair bit.
    Tried dominating blow but it's to costly for me atm

I cant grasp the idea that D3 has been out for a year now and PoE which doesnt have even close to the money available is shaping up to be a better game. Just the loot system alone is 1000000000000x better. D3 forces you to play the AH or buy off the RMAH to get gear cause drops are horrible. Since I started D3 at launch I have only looted ONE item that sold for over 100 mil. In PoE i can take "worthless whites" and turn them to BiS gear. Why cant a mega company like Blizzard get shit right yet a company relying heavily on donations from the players can?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I like about PoE. Since January there has been 21 pages (10pt) of patch notes, and they keep going.

Was going to post them, but I didn't see a tag that hides everything till you click on it. I wish other company's would keep up their enthusiasm and passion with their games like GGG does with PoE.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    New patch notes are out? Not seeing them on the site yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    This is what I like about PoE. Since January there has been 21 pages (10pt) of patch notes, and they keep going.

Was going to post them, but I didn't see a tag that hides everything till you click on it. I wish other company's would keep up their enthusiasm and passion with their games like GGG does with PoE.
    They remind me of what Trion has done with Rift. Changes are made fast and they listen to feedback. I guess thats the beauty of being a smaller company. You are allowed to actually listen to your players rather than just throwing up giant middle fingers and daring people to play something else like Blizzard does. When you cant afford to lose 1-2 million people a year you tend to try and make your games good. Still waiting for some more work done to melees. But they can take their time as Im loving my new Bow Duelist. RoA just melts everything.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    So everyone could quit? Activison is a cancer.

Any builds better suited for running high MF stats? I assume it would have to be something ranged. Maybe a summoner? Just looking for something I can load up with a lot of IIQ/IIR gear and still be able to farm decently because Im not totally gimping my stats.

Summoner's kinda get screwed on MF. Because the minions roll their own IIR/IIQ, and they do most of the killing.

If you want to MF farm as a summoner you need a mass aoe with culling strike. Chain + Power Siphon or Frost Nova+Culling, perhaps. Something that nets the summoner the death blow fairly often.

Ranged builds which don't have the bulk of their damage on gear MF farm well. EK Shadows, Lit Arrow Maras or FP Witches can MF farm with relative ease compared to stuff like Ele Cleavers, Duelist Facebreakers or Frenzy Princesses, for example.

I got a bit bored with summoner witch. I think its time for Ranger

Contemplating a Searing Touch crit based Witch for SC. Think it would be really fun with fast casting.

Cold to Fire Ice Nova, Firestorm Traps, LMP Fireballs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh, let me know how Fire-Ice (Firce?) Nova works out. I've been thinking about leveling a character like that.

Not sure if I should start Shadow though. For the earlier access to life and spell damage. But if I do start shadow I'll be pretty meh-y around the middle of cruel. Which is painful leveling from pyramid to battlefield.

Not sure on the build, tbh. I just threw it together at 1am last night half asleep. I'll look into effective HP vs. crit once I am around the 30s. Lightning Thorns is kinda nice like that.

I see the forums have been fairly active today...and it's not all about the patch either, some account sending out PM's claiming to be support and giving a phishing link....and so many tards have clicked it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    I see the forums have been fairly active today...and it's not all about the patch either, some account sending out PM's claiming to be support and giving a phishing link....and so many tards have clicked it already.
    It's a good thing GGG doesn't restore stuff ala Blizzard, it means these people might actually learn something, like don't give out your account info or trust whispers/mails claiming to be support...

Deleted
    Can someone explain why my account is repeatly hacked? I get messages that its accessed from china and U.K. constantly.... Very annoying i have to reset each time i play. I have reinstalled windows and installed kaspersky (which gives me negatives). What can i do?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobhoper View Post
    Can someone explain why my account is repeatly hacked? I get messages that its accessed from china and U.K. constantly.... Very annoying i have to reset each time i play. I have reinstalled windows and installed kaspersky (which gives me negatives). What can i do?
    One reason you could get repeated account unlock emails is that you have a dynamic IP which would trigger the lock.
    The other is that the "hacker" not only has your game account details but access to your email. which would explain why the unlock code email shows 2 different areas.
    I don't see you saying you have change both your email and game account passwords before or after re installing windows, and having an AV will only protect you from known viruses/keyloggers/trojans that is why in most cases the Anti virus gets daily updates...and stuff like hacking game accounts wouldn't be very profitable if the used old viruses that are in all the databases.

Get yourself on google...set up a mail account with them then enable the 2 step authentication, then change your emaill address associated with your PoE account to the new google one, once that is done change they games password.

The changes to mana and life leech gems have been pretty sweet, I must admit. I couldn't stand the mana pinch at early level of the game previously. Also I think the life leech change in particular is quite nice for opening p variety in spell caster builds and helping melee survive a bit easier.

Also, also. I didn't get far in s1 races but in s2 I only did like 3 due to work schedule. Kinda disappointing. Really wanted that Tabula Rasa.