Deleted
    I must say I am glad that it is very hard to respec as a huge part of this game for me and many others is the excitement of planning new characters and carrying that plan out. Being able to just switch between specs as you want and never needing more than a couple of characters gets boring very fast in my opinion and makes each character you level very bland.

I would see no point in leveling a new character in one of the new leagues if it was exactly the same as one I already had, which it basically would be with the ability to respec. As it stands I can't wait to level a new character with a different spec in the new leagues, as was the case for Diablo 2 ladder resets. In Diablo 3 however it is so boring to level the same class again, having already tried all the skills out the first time and no need to plan until max level, hence removing a huge part of the game for me.

I have died way to many times to desync that it's not worth it atm, when they fix it i will again go on and play it but for now it's a no go

Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    I have died way to many times to desync that it's not worth it atm, when they fix it i will again go on and play it but for now it's a no go
    They are doing an alpha test on new resync code today/tomorrow which is supposed to aggressively resync your character and avoid desync related deaths...it may actually be in the 0.11.0 patch depending on how that test goes

One of the challenges is using one of every map type. That's gonna be tough on top of all the other challenges.

Also have to get and use the mirror.

Don't think many will complete the challenges. They seem really difficult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    One of the challenges is using one of every map type. That's gonna be tough on top of all the other challenges.

I thought the mirror was excluded from the challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    I thought the mirror was excluded from the challenge?
    I just looked on the preview page. It is excluded.

Whew. I read somewhere it was part of the challenges and I freaked the f--- out.

Have not seen a mirror drop personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Does anyone know what that even means? Like, is it talking about map level, (66-77) the name of the map, (crematorium etc) or the map rarity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Does anyone know what that even means? Like, is it talking about map level, (66-77) the name of the map, (crematorium etc) or the map rarity?
    I would assume the name of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I think it is the name of the map. Like you have to use a Dunes, a Crematorium, a Mountain Ledge, etc.

Not sure if that extends to the unique maps like Coward's Trial or Vaal Pyramid. Or if just using like Vaal Pyramid non-unique is enough.

ahh... there we go, confirmation of some new resync code and it seems that the patch is delayed a tad aswell

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/404470

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    ahh... there we go, confirmation of some new resync code and it seems that the patch is delayed a tad aswell

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/404470
    This change makes me happy, but also the whole patch. I had 3 dead melee toons on HC. 3 duelists where 2 died to misfortune and the 3rd and best geared died in Act 3 AFTER killing piety and I was headed to next difficulty then boom desync and dead. I went ranged templar and still alive but not what I wanted to play.

Patching...

Bring on the new leagues now!

typical...have to be up early tomorrow and will need to sleep soon to do that...wont be back on till 12 noon tomorrow(almost midnight here)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Patching...

Bring on the new leagues now!
    Yes! I can't wait for my game to patch and run the new league, going to try out melee before respeccing my higher HC chars.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

The game is still in open beta, correct? Meaning, characters in leagues will eventually be wiped?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnovacaine View Post
    The game is still in open beta, correct? Meaning, characters in leagues will eventually be wiped?
    No there won't be any resets, the 'open beta' tag should read 'soft release' instead as the beta part causes a lot of confusion. There might be big changes as the game is still under initial development but for all intents and purposes it's released.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    No there won't be any resets, the 'open beta' tag should read 'soft release' instead as the beta part causes a lot of confusion. There might be big changes as the game is still under initial development but for all intents and purposes it's released.
    Oh, thanks so much for this information. I loved PoE, as I think I have... Silver Donor status or something, but I didn't want to play too much as I didn't want my characters being wiped. Thanks a ton.

10+ Year Old Account
    So , i used to play back when "Open Beta" initially came out. I played for a while but new games and stuff came up so i sorta, put this one on the side indefinately. Any1 kind enough to give me a quick rundown of changes with the (many) patches i see on the forums? Don't need fixes or any of that, just new modes of play, content, difficulty tuning, class/ability changes, the major stuff. Toying with the idea of playing again. Thanks in advance.

- There are new endgame maps.
    - Many, many new uniques.
    - The overall balance of the game has been adjusted to allow melee characters more viably at endgame.
    - Lots of new skills gems added.
    - Some skill gems nerfed.
    - Passive tree starter area for Duelist class was reworked.
    - Chaos Inoculation got some some added nodes that help bridge the CI/Non-CI gap.
    - 2 new 4 month leagues will start soon; Anarchy League and Onslaught League.
    - The game introduced a seasonal ladder. Every day there are mini events & short term leagues. Participating earns you reward points across the season for cool/rare loot.
    - New voice acting.
    - Better resynch code.
    - Added lore elements.
    - Party loot options.
    - Health bars.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/400347

Well reflect mobs fuggin suck more than ever now. Regen nerf + increase in damage = suicide.