Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    stun isn't really an issue.

Its freeze

God fucken chain freeze how does 1 mob crit 10 times in a row with an ice move?

bah

On a side note scion is amazin.
    Get Dream Fragments. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Get Dream Fragments. Problem solved.
    I'M POOR

or something, my scion is also only lvl 16 (I have no idea how uniques work)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Going to need a new character to play with storm call

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Going to need a new character to play with storm call
    stormcall is going to be insane.

Can you imagine that with a butt load of +cast speed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally I can play a lightning character spark and ark are so damn boring.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

stormcall is going to be insane.

Can you imagine that with a butt load of +cast speed?
    I am already drooling over cyclone (or reave) / multistrike / faster attacks / cast on crit / stormcall

10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp, can say goodbye to the Lightning Warp orbital cannon build.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I am already drooling over cyclone (or reave) / multistrike / faster attacks / cast on crit / stormcall
    I have 50% chance to do static without crit with my arc.

I'm gonna do cast on damage taken chain arc to spread aoe static and curse on hit

omg the insanity

- - - Updated - - -

does curse on hit need to be linked to an attack to activate? Wiki doesn't specify, just says you need to hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does. It has a chance to activate when the ability it's linked with hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    It does. It has a chance to activate when the ability it's linked with hits.
    Damn, well I can link it to storm call I suppose instead of arc.

OMG Wings of Entropy! I've been waiting for this since I saw the art leaked months ago! Also liking the spectral throw effect added.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just as I thought I'd quit... they pull me back in. Or did they?
    Interested in making a Storm Caller-build of sorts but then I realized that spellcasters suck in this game unless I'm doing some lame-ass totem-build or cast-on-crit

How do you even do Elemental Reflect packs with a caster? O_o I know melee doesnt give a fuck about reflect or lightning thorns, though... or at least none of the melee I played before did due to Life on Hit + Leech from gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most casters I've seen use CI+Ghost Reaver+Vaal Pact to deal with reflect.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Most casters I've seen use CI+Ghost Reaver+Vaal Pact to deal with reflect.
    And to go CI you need a ton of currency... So that rules out playing a caster, I guess

I guess I could just go Vaal Pact without CI? But then again you probably need to go Shavronnes + Low-life (Pain Attunement) to do proper damage as a caster anyways.

It just feels like you just cant play a caster in this game unless you have like 20+ EX worth of currency (which I dont have... not on Nemesis anyway).

Melee is a no-go and Spectral Throw got boring after 2xlvl75+ toons... And I just brainfarted my first nemesis toon (Elemental Split Arrow) on Corrupted Blood at lvl42 (my alt+f4 skills really arent good enough for this game). And since caster is out it just feels like theres nothing left to try :P

I say this but I'll probably be making a new toon of some sort tomorrow... or the day after. Maybe.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2013-11-25 at 07:50 AM.

Deleted
    I've been wondering about a build for a while, but lack the currency to try it out, the problem is it has to be viable on nemesis/HC.

The idea is a cast on crit tank.

So:

A shadow with 2x Ungil's gauche for the crit chance (offensive) and block chance (defensive). Possibly Lazhwar's amulet and/or rainbow stride to get some spell block. This would probably be fully evasion based, in order to get spell evasion as well from the passive tree.

Spectral throw+lmp+cast on crit+ethereal knives

Spec into critical strike chance, but not into any damage, as ethereal knives does quite ok damage on its own (so basically spectral throw would do shitty damage, but it should proc EK a lot)

However...if this build works like I think it works, physical reflect would be hard to deal with. Would Arctic Armour be a good defense against that? If so I could imagine trying to spec into life/evasion/mana, and trying to get Mind of Matter possibly.

In any case, I've never really theorycrafted a build, so I was wondering if this is complete crap or if it actually might work?

Sorry for the probably pretty confusing post, and thanks for your time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    And to go CI you need a ton of currency... So that rules out playing a caster, I guess

I guess I could just go Vaal Pact without CI? But then again you probably need to go Shavronnes + Low-life (Pain Attunement) to do proper damage as a caster anyways.
    Yeah, it is possible. There is a life-based Vaal Pact discharger that doesn't use Shavronne's/low-life, though I'm not sure how much currency is required to make that work.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post

It just feels like you just cant play a caster in this game unless you have like 20+ EX worth of currency (which I dont have... not on Nemesis anyway).

Melee is a no-go and Spectral Throw got boring after 2xlvl75+ toons... And I just brainfarted my first nemesis toon (Elemental Split Arrow) on Corrupted Blood at lvl42 (my alt+f4 skills really arent good enough for this game). And since caster is out it just feels like theres nothing left to try :P

I say this but I'll probably be making a new toon of some sort tomorrow... or the day after. Maybe.
    Is block witch with cast on damage taken + molten armor no good? I'm planning to run cast on damage taken + molten armor + ice lance + arc to aoe freeze + shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I've been wondering about a build for a while, but lack the currency to try it out, the problem is it has to be viable on nemesis/HC.

The idea is a cast on crit tank.

So:

A shadow with 2x Ungil's gauche for the crit chance (offensive) and block chance (defensive). Possibly Lazhwar's amulet and/or rainbow stride to get some spell block. This would probably be fully evasion based, in order to get spell evasion as well from the passive tree.

Spectral throw+lmp+cast on crit+ethereal knives

Spec into critical strike chance, but not into any damage, as ethereal knives does quite ok damage on its own (so basically spectral throw would do shitty damage, but it should proc EK a lot)

However...if this build works like I think it works, physical reflect would be hard to deal with. Would Arctic Armour be a good defense against that? If so I could imagine trying to spec into life/evasion/mana, and trying to get Mind of Matter possibly.

In any case, I've never really theorycrafted a build, so I was wondering if this is complete crap or if it actually might work?

Sorry for the probably pretty confusing post, and thanks for your time
    I made a similar build with 2 gauches and reave/cast on crit /arc. I was also using that chest piece that gives you 5% hp regen on block via consecrated ground, whatever its called.

Worked out fine until I hit 55 and derped on General's molten shield. I thought I would survive it with 50% fire resist and 1,600 hp on cruel. He proved me wrong by one-shotting me with it. I might've had a shock stack on me too. Regardless, its definitely viable before end-game and you will be nigh-invincible to attack damage.

Is block witch with cast on damage taken + molten armor no good? I'm planning to run cast on damage taken + molten armor + ice lance + arc to aoe freeze + shock.
    Block totally negates damage so the more block you have the less damage you take hence triggers less.

I have one CwDT gem at level 1 for casting enduring cry and another at level 12 for casting molten shell. I did this as my enduring cry simply didn't trigger enough if I leveled the CwDT gem.

Block totally negates damage so the more block you have the less damage you take hence triggers less.
    Block isn't full proof though