Deleted
    Not really getting what the extra things on molten shell really do.

Edit: Each time you take a hit a fire explosion, or whatever, happens and it can only happen 32 times ('souls per use'?) until it expires? I am really not understanding this well lol.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Looks like that Ambush League theory might be true: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806998/

Also, boots with Movement speed implicit mod and Vaal Molten Shell look dope.
    Wow, that Corrupted Molten Shell looks totally dope!
    Cant wait for the new leagues.... gimmeeeh. Now.

Gonna be fun making up fun new builds with the Corrupted gems.

EDIT: I'm guessing killing mobs stores souls in the gem and after you need to have 32 souls stored in the gem to actually activate the effect once.... And from the looks of it you can only store 32 souls at a time? Should be all good if you can kill 32 mobs every 10 seconds or so? :P
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2014-02-28 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Not really getting what the extra things on molten shell really do.

Edit: Each time you take a hit a fire explosion, or whatever, happens and it can only happen 32 times ('souls per use'?) until it expires? I am really not understanding this well lol.
    I'm guessing;
    1. You need to kill 32 people to gain 1 use of Vaal Molten Armor. Any kills beyond these 32 will be wasted, if you don't use a Vaal ability to consume them.
    2. This will give you the Vaal Molten Armor buff, which boosts your armor and releases a pulse of fire damage every time you're struck.
    3. The Vaal Molten Armor buff runs out after 10 seconds.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I'm guessing;
    1. You need to kill 32 people to gain 1 use of Vaal Molten Armor. Any kills beyond these 32 will be wasted, if you don't use a Vaal ability to consume them.
    2. This will give you the Vaal Molten Armor buff, which boosts your armor and releases a pulse of fire damage every time you're struck.
    3. The Vaal Molten Armor buff runs out after 10 seconds.
    Isnt a huge explosion when taken enough damage a lot better than this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    Isnt a huge explosion when taken enough damage a lot better than this?
    No. Depending on how often you get attacked, and how much damage molten shell does per attack, it can be quite godly.

If the gem actually does its full damage value per monster hit...you can get attacked 5-6 times a second with a big enough pack around you.

Looks awesome! I can't wait for the 5th, this is going to be a long weekend.

Good luck to the 1st 100 to kill Queen Atziri! I know I won't be one of them, but if someone here gets it, please post a screen of the item.
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; 2014-02-28 at 04:25 PM.

All I could think was, "Four boobs?"

What in the hell.

Gameplay seems amazing from the leaked preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    All I could think was, "Four boobs?"

What in the hell.

Gameplay seems amazing from the leaked preview.
    Well by the sites background image it looked like 3 but 3 is a bit generic really.

What interested me was that they showed what seemed to be characters grabbing some nice looking gear from an otherwise empty stash...one of the new race events maybe?
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2014-02-28 at 06:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Well by the sites background image it looked like 3 but 3 is a bit generic really.
    The fourth one isn't visible but Chris confirmed it's four boobs. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    What interested me was that they showed what seemed to be characters grabbing some nice looking gear from an otherwise empty stash...one of the new race events maybe?
    I think that was more fore show. They probably dropped some gear in a stash and then had the character pick it up and equip it. More for effect than anything.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/q...al-walkthrough

A quick(ish) demo from Chris showing some of the features.

Last edited by Lagwin; 2014-02-28 at 10:30 PM.

Ambush looks like it could be pretty cool. I like that there is another use for currency orbs. Invasion sounds like it is designed to kill people, more so than the regular game that is. From what little I've seen, these 60(!) new bosses will make the Rogue Exiles look like chumps. I'm also liking that many of the fights are becoming much more intricate. I look forward to fighting Atziri.

Deleted
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/807869

A lot of new info about the patch have been released. It sounds really awesome. I do hope that a new gem or 2 would be added and not just corrupted tweaked gems

Quote Originally Posted by Dude From Denmark View Post
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/807869

A lot of new info about the patch have been released. It sounds really awesome. I do hope that a new gem or 2 would be added and not just corrupted tweaked gems
    They've been constantly adding new gems since release. If there are no non-Vaal gems explicitly with the patch, they'll keep putting them out like usual.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only negative thing I can say about the upcoming patch is I think the way they approach the atziri encounter is very poor, due to the 1st 100 microtransaction bit this will most likely force some players to play on the permanent leagues before they start playing on the temp ones.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    Only negative thing I can say about the upcoming patch is I think the way they approach the atziri encounter is very poor, due to the 1st 100 microtransaction bit this will most likely force some players to play on the permanent leagues before they start playing on the temp ones.
    Why is that poor or undesirable? The temp leagues are merely opt-in experiences. It is not the goal that players should prefer the temp leagues, per se.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    It's not just the 1st 100, it's the 1st 50 from Invasion and 1st 50 from Ambush. This way everyone starts off on equal ground. There is no special reward for defeating her in Legacy Leagues.

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Holy crap! That Marauder area has been really changed up! Looks like I need to take some screenshots of some skill trees before 1.1.0.

Edit: Also, I had no idea there were going to be tree changes. Everything has been so focused on SotV, and I have seen no mention of tree changes.