So sad I wont be able to play today, although it was expected to some degree..

My download speed seems really unstable, it fluctuates from as low as 2kb/s to as high as 1905739479378787 gb/s (obvious visual bug, but funny still :P)

I did have a short burst of 6mb/s download, but that ended quickly and only got me 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Perath View Post
    So sad I wont be able to play today, although it was expected to some degree..

My download speed seems really unstable, it fluctuates from as low as 2kb/s to as high as 1905739479378787 gb/s (obvious visual bug, but funny still :P)

I did have a short burst of 6mb/s download, but that ended quickly and only got me 10%.
    Speeds have gotten a lot faster for me. I was around 30-100 now I'm 500-1mb

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Can you show me they were forced? Last I checked on that story they told blizzard fix the issue or do refunds. I never seen they were forced to do them.

Btw that report only stated numbers in the HUNDREDS. That was a game that sold millions.

And we should probably stop going OT.
    "Some buyers of the game vented frustration over server shutdowns and asked for refunds, but the company refused to do so, citing sales contract terms, which the FTC says is disadvantageous to consumers." - Korean Times
    Source: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...23_111971.html

averaging out @ 22 KB/s on the downloader :< 300 MB left to download, playing this awesome game will have to wait until tomorrow!

Edit;

Talk about 'unjixing', the downloader has stabilized around 200 KB/s now :>
    Last edited by Shadowsz; 2013-01-23 at 10:33 PM.

D3 vs POE threads have already started on official forums lol. so sad people just can't enjoy what they have

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    D3 vs POE threads have already started on official forums lol. so sad people just can't enjoy what they have

Gamers are a funny crowd. FYI we won't be closing this thread so if any Game vs Game starts here will be dealing with it appropriately, just saying and lets stay civil before it starts.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post

Since you want to keepo the OT going. That says nothing about blizzard having to do refunds that is only talking about them investigating blizzard.

Here was the result.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...in-south-korea

There were never forced to give anyone a refund. They in turn offered a refund to those that really could not play.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-Raid-Blizzard

The matter relates to Blizzard's refusal to issue refunds to disgruntled Korean gamers, hundreds of whom have filed official complaints with the FTC about overloaded and inaccessible Diablo 3 servers. Many of them have demanded their money back but Blizzard, citing EULA terms, has refused to do so; instead, it doubled its server capacity in the region and said it would continue to take steps to improve the service and avoid service problems in the future. But for a lot of players, that's not good enough.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 05:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Gamers are a funny crowd. FYI we won't be closing this thread so if any Game vs Game starts here will be dealing with it appropriately, just saying and lets stay civil before it starts.

I'm sorry. I'm not trying to say anything against PoE. They are having a fine launch as far as i'm concerned.

And with that, if you want to continue the discussion, take it to PM's.

WTF lol

My speed jumped to 4mb and I got in the game instantly, no queue. They must have added a shit ton of servers

Mine is still running at crap speeds. I'm 70% done and it's been running for over 2 hours *sobs*
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

I really hate how when you open the character panel, it like moves the entire game over a bit. Anyone know what I'm saying? It's really annoying when you wanna open it while moving, etc. Happens with the inventory as well

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito Noctix View Post
    Mine is still running at crap speeds. I'm 70% done and it's been running for over 2 hours *sobs*

Almost 3 hours downloading here and I'm at 19%

Anyone know if I stop it will I have to start the download over?

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost 3 hours downloading here and I'm at 19%

Anyone know if I stop it will I have to start the download over?

I wouldn't want to say, yes do it, many downloaders have an auto-recovery idk if this game does. Check their forums out see if anyone has tried it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I wouldn't want to say, yes do it, many downloaders have an auto-recovery idk if this game does. Check their forums out see if anyone has tried it.
    This was my concern. I know most do, but you never know as some don't. I might just stop it and wait a day or 2 and start over. Even if I have to start fresh, not like i've gotten far

Hmm. I think I see what my problem is. I thought I had installed the game yesterday. But I'm currently downloading 5gigs. Was there another install process after downloading the first installer?
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2013-01-23 at 11:16 PM.

The latest patch was 1.5gbs. But if you hadn't already downloaded the client in full before today you have to download all of it + the patch.

Whole game is like 5.5 gbs or something.

I assume anyone patching today would have already played the game before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The latest patch was 1.5gbs. But if you hadn't already downloaded the client in full before today you have to download all of it + the patch.

Whole game is like 5.5 gbs or something.

I assume anyone patching today would have already played the game before.
    I just started to look into getting it a few days ago. Found out it was going to be free today so I decided to wait and try it before I spent money.

Downloaded the installer yesterday and ran it once. I thought this installed the full game but I'm guessing it was just the client as I have a 5gig download going right now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...any=true#gid=0 in case anyone needed it, it's a list of quests and their rewards. i've read that its quite updated but not fully updated

Well yes, I'm a new player and had to download the whole game today (4,5gb) and i though that would be all but when i ran the game again... 1,5gb update. So yeah, still with crappy download speed at 8%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vicbattou View Post
    Well yes, I'm a new player and had to download the whole game today (4,5gb) and i though that would be all but when i ran the game again... 1,5gb update. So yeah, still with crappy download speed at 8%.
    The extra 1.5gb is the new content that released with the open beta including Act III.

Maybe in terms of actual numbers, but when we get into %'s no it isn't.
    Really it was a big issue for the first few days for even a large percentage, it kept on being a issue for the next few weeks for a smaller percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I don't know how playable it is once you do get in, but I know PoE has the queue going. I can only assume it's helping keep the actual game stable.
    Logged in after my DL was done and had no issues since.