Thanks for the tips fencers. Aparently I ain't smart enough to figure that 0 + 100% of 0 is still 0... That does leaves me question, is it standard for Witches with CI to have 0 physical damage reduction?

Might try to incorporate some lighting into my build.

this game better than D3?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by miumiucat View Post
    this game better than D3?
    it is different, D3 is better in its ways, but path of exile doesn't dissapoint, it slightly surpasses D3.

Ok, now i have 2 options for the shadow DW claw build. Both may be imperfect, but need opinions whether #1 or #2 is better and if there are changes i should make.

#1 : http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...v3o_zF_iv_k__e

#2 : http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...HvTvPq96P8xf-T

Deleted
    Is there any way to get more of those things that you use to discover items except from drops?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    So how much does micro-transactions impact this game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    In what way? as far as I know there's only cosmetic stuff. Like weapon glow effects, mini pets, dances and stash slots.
    Last edited by mmocfde342b214; 2013-01-26 at 02:22 PM.

other than cosmetic there is no impact to the game...it is NOT pay to win

The impacact of cosmetics is minimal, dont identify everything, then you wont need so many wisdom scrolls, yes game is better than D3

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy hell Vaal hits like a freakin truck.

Level 29 templar hit and i barely manage to make a dint on it

Just beat Merveil last night! Holy hell, what a great fight! I was underestimating her at first because up until that point, I didn't really have to actively dodge things (even when I fought Brutus it wasn't a big deal if he hit me with a hook because I could run away before he attacked me), so I was unprepared when she threw all of these abilities at me. I nearly died because of it, but I quickly caught myself and finished the fight. Great fun! Can't wait to start Act 2.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I gotta say this is seriously proving to be a lot of fun so far. Quality of the game continues to absolutely baffle me for it being essentially a F2P game. Even down to the water washing up on the shores, it just looks too damn good. I really wonder what Blizzard is thinking right about now. =X
    The entire engine was made by 1 guy.

The developers funded the project with their own personal money & time for years as a labor of love.

Pretty impressive for a small indie dev in New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    One thing that I'm wondering about (and being a bit lazy when it comes to figuring out) is what currencies are useful at end game and their relative values, if possible both to each other and to some generally traded item(s) like quality gems or similar, the latter helps keeping up with price changes and learn it better.

If anyone know and don't mind giving a brief rundown.
    Everything is useful.

Any single item in the game can go from 0 stat/0socket white item to the exact 6 stats, maximum sockets, linked, recolored and +20% rare. That is the ultimate goal-- to craft a perfect piece in each slot.

Will need thousands of orbs of every denomination to do this, of course.

The standard in the community for orb value is such: http://www.poeex.info/

Quote Originally Posted by Jangri- View Post
    Thanks for the tips fencers. Aparently I ain't smart enough to figure that 0 + 100% of 0 is still 0... That does leaves me question, is it standard for Witches with CI to have 0 physical damage reduction?

Might try to incorporate some lighting into my build.
    No. It is not common to have 0 physical resistance with CI.

CI just grants immunity to chaos. All other resistances need to be accounted for; elemental fire, cold, lightning, physical and stun.

Take a look for yourself: https://www.pathofexile.com/shop

Most everything is cosmetic. A weapon glow effect, mini pet, character dances.

The nicest perk is expanding inventory space of your bank/stash. And extra character slots should the initial 24 not be enough. Both of which are one time $3USD per purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Holy hell Vaal hits like a freakin truck.

Level 29 templar hit and i barely manage to make a dint on it
    He hit harder in the closed beta tbh...only just done him and took his single targeted blow once and the lightning laser repeatedly, the single blow is generaly a 1 hit kill and the lightning attack i was expecting to get raped by that since i only have like 15% lightning resists but took the 3 to the face and carried on...even closed beta that attack would kill you if you took all three blasts

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Is it all just farming endless mobs?
    Yes. That is the basic premise; to farm for statical increases over a decade or so.

Damn, my PC froze on General fight and lvl 34 Ranger RIP. So close to finishing normal damn. Now the question is what build to try next

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Made my way to Piety in solo HC in Normal mode last night. 1 shot by Piety's lightning orbs. -_-

So embarrassing.

Well just got it downloaded now (Like 5 hours, but my net B.L.O.W.S atm, cause my dad is stealing all off it for back ups...) and decided as useal to play my Sorceress/Wizard/Mage/Witch whatever you call it. I always like to play such character first inn RPG's.

Hope it will prove good enough for me to atleast finish the game Im still amased they launch it for free trough (Even if its gonna suck, I so fucking cant belive its all free when you think about what you get from this game), so cool off them.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Made my way to Piety in solo HC in Normal mode last night. 1 shot by Piety's lightning orbs. -_-

So embarrassing.
    Guess the ranged tank builds now looks way more sexier

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Just finished up Act 1 on my Hardcore Duelist. Heading into Act 2 and by the looks of the website I'll be breaking into the tail end of the ladder shortly : )
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

So embarrassing.
    I couldn't even solo her in normal mode lol. Only boss so far that has given me a huge amount of troubles lol. I feel bad that I had to take a party to take her down. xD
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-26 at 07:13 PM.