10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Just downloaded and started playing today. Seems like a fun game, only got to lvl3 before I had to get ready for work. Playing as a ranger, but my buddy wants to start a new char, so I thought of going for a tanky melee build as he will be going for a ranged witch. Hope this game co-ops nicely.
    First off, welcome to PoE, it's a very fun game with a lot of stuff going for it... Two points I feel I should make, based on what you said:

One: Tanky melee characters are super fun, playing one now and having a blast! Sword and Board Marauder who can facetank pretty much everything.

Two: There's a new league starting in like a week, I suggest making a "Learner" character now, to just get to grips with the basics of the game, but then wait a week till the new league starts before you really get involved with leveling.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    I totally agree!

I ditched my pyre though haha - it seems avatar of fire + cold to fire was even better
    I like that extra gem socket, though, especially when using trap. Can't use EE with avatar of fire either!

Ok, i'm breezing through act1 merciless - i tend to die if i find breaches, but i usually can avoid most issues by staying on the border of it and killing stuff from a distance.

Also, it's nice to have quest rewards with maxed sockets - i got a boots and gloves with 4 linked sockets which are nice for my CWC setup (until i find a 6link chest) and i can just reforge socket colors as needed.

Have to think about how to use the other 4link - maybe i'll do a good setup for Herald of ice or Ice Golem. I would try to add to the CWC also ice Spear together with Bladefall or a curse on hit thus removing blasphemy to use a different/defensive aura.

Currently using Poacher's mark - any other recommended curse to have?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Ok, i'm breezing through act1 merciless - i tend to die if i find breaches, but i usually can avoid most issues by staying on the border of it and killing stuff from a distance.

Also, it's nice to have quest rewards with maxed sockets - i got a boots and gloves with 4 linked sockets which are nice for my CWC setup (until i find a 6link chest) and i can just reforge socket colors as needed.

Have to think about how to use the other 4link - maybe i'll do a good setup for Herald of ice or Ice Golem. I would try to add to the CWC also ice Spear together with Bladefall or a curse on hit thus removing blasphemy to use a different/defensive aura.

Currently using Poacher's mark - any other recommended curse to have?
    Some nice 4 link setups can be cast when damage taken(cwdt), immortal call, mortal shell, increased duration. Especially if you play a squishier build getting that IC proc is really sweet. You can also removed the mortal shell and replace it with your golem and that way you wont have to recast it all the time, as molten shell ontop of IC is more of a luxury thing which doesn't accomplish too much tbh.
    But yeah you can do a few things in cwdt, you can also put in a curse like enfeeble or temporal chains. But remember without +1 curses you can only have 1 active curse up at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tremin View Post
    Some nice 4 link setups can be cast when damage taken(cwdt), immortal call, mortal shell, increased duration. Especially if you play a squishier build getting that IC proc is really sweet. You can also removed the mortal shell and replace it with your golem and that way you wont have to recast it all the time, as molten shell ontop of IC is more of a luxury thing which doesn't accomplish too much tbh.
    But yeah you can do a few things in cwdt, you can also put in a curse like enfeeble or temporal chains. But remember without +1 curses you can only have 1 active curse up at a time.
    Ok, nice tips. I need a way to proc endurance charges though. I think i'll put the curse in the CWC setup with a COH support so both blade flurry and bladefall will proc it freeing lots of mana for another aura - i'll stick to Poacher just because of the life regen provided which looks huge, though i have to try how it goes without it. If i won't need it anymore i'll swap to Enfeeble.

I have already the golem in a cwdt setup. I wanted two golems out but i discovered i can only have one

Ok, nice tips. I need a way to proc endurance charges though. I think i'll put the curse in the CWC setup with a COH support so both blade flurry and bladefall will proc it freeing lots of mana for another aura - i'll stick to Poacher just because of the life regen provided which looks huge, though i have to try how it goes without it. If i won't need it anymore i'll swap to Enfeeble.

I have already the golem in a cwdt setup. I wanted two golems out but i discovered i can only have one
    you can have extra golem with certain items (elementalist ascendancy,unique jewel,unique 1h mace)
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Try out warlord's mark, the 2% life and mana leech are a lot better then the life on hit from poachers mark, *and* it will give you the endurance charges for immortal call.

PS. Immortal Call even works with 0 endurance charges, it will just provide a mini immunity for like .4 seconds.
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Try out warlord's mark, the 2% life and mana leech are a lot better then the life on hit from poachers mark, *and* it will give you the endurance charges for immortal call.

PS. Immortal Call even works with 0 endurance charges, it will just provide a mini immunity for like .4 seconds.
    Ok, that may work. I'll check what socket combo i'll need for that.

Ok, that may work. I'll check what socket combo i'll need for that.
    Yeah that mentioned mini immunity for 0.4 seconds or so is what I was thinking of for squishy builds, basically if you survive the initial melee hit from a mob or a porcupine spike, all the other porcupine spikes that may hit you during that 0.4 seconds wont kill you, which is amazing. Also warlords mark lets you leech on hit, which means both spells and attacks. While Poacher's mark states it is only on attacks, so your bladefall can't leech off of that curse since it is a spell.

Yeah that mentioned mini immunity for 0.4 seconds or so is what I was thinking of for squishy builds, basically if you survive the initial melee hit from a mob or a porcupine spike, all the other porcupine spikes that may hit you during that 0.4 seconds wont kill you, which is amazing. Also warlords mark lets you leech on hit, which means both spells and attacks. While Poacher's mark states it is only on attacks, so your bladefall can't leech off of that curse since it is a spell.
    Ok, that's another useful info. I'll swap curse when i get home since i can just buy the gem from a vendor - though i'll have to roll a new character for that or trade for it.

So much this, porcupines are THE reason I run cast when dmg taken+immortal call on pretty much every character ever
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Ok, that's another useful info. I'll swap curse when i get home since i can just buy the gem from a vendor - though i'll have to roll a new character for that or trade for it.
    If you play on standard breach league I can get the gem for you, just lemme know of a way to contact you.

If you play on standard breach league I can get the gem for you, just lemme know of a way to contact you.
    Profile is in sig, character is Lostwyrm. Currently playing in standard Breach.

EDIT: playing SSF next patch will be definitely interesting Probably going legacy league then focus on SSF standard (with the occasional new char for interesting leagues).

I definitely want to hunt for Cospri's Will and if feasible Cospri's Malice. They just fit my build so well - though the 257 int requirement may be a little too much for my DEX-oriented char.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-02-22 at 01:29 PM.

Profile is in sig, character is Lostwyrm. Currently playing in standard Breach.

EDIT: playing SSF next patch will be definitely interesting Probably going legacy league then focus on SSF standard (with the occasional new char for interesting leagues).

I definitely want to hunt for Cospri's Will and if feasible Cospri's Malice. They just fit my build so well - though the 257 int requirement may be a little too much for my DEX-oriented char.
    Oh yes, I can't wait for the new SSF mode, I'm going to be playing a duelist gladiator most likely, hoping for one day to get a relic Bringer of rain for the nice glory days it is going to be so cool. I will however most likely start off in SSF HC legacy league and just play there until it dies and then play standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legacy League/SSF is going to be jumpin Playing an Occultist Witch, DW wand based fuckery. Probably wont REALLY work, but sod it, it should at least be fun.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Legacy League/SSF is going to be jumpin Playing an Occultist Witch, DW wand based fuckery. Probably wont REALLY work, but sod it, it should at least be fun.
    Start with an ED/Contagion build, easy to gear for and very strong at the beginning.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-02-22 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Start with an ED/Contagion build, easy to gear for and very strong at the beginning.
    That was my plan. Boosting Wand/Chaos damage and hope for the best, then get CI and the keystones that makes Life Drain/Regen apply to Energy Shield instead and go for a sort of Knight Enchanter feel, but with wands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    That was my plan. Boosting Wand/Chaos damage and hope for the best, then get CI and the keystones that makes Life Drain/Regen apply to Energy Shield instead and go for a sort of Knight Enchanter feel, but with wands.
    Wand damage doesn't add anything to your ed/contagion damage.

If you want to pair Wand Attacks with Essence Drain, your best bets are those Shadow nodes with both Physical and Chaos damage, or Projectile Damage passives. Contagion isn't affected by Projectile Damage, but ED is like 90+% of the damage anyway.

I like Projectile Damage nodes. They encompass a lot and are more abundant and concentrated than things like Area Damage nodes. =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by padie View Post
    Wand damage doesn't add anything to your ed/contagion damage.
    Hmm, so you think it's better just to focus purely on the Chaos damage, ED/Contagion side of things and forget the wand damage?