Not really public shaming. It is a ladder, it is a competition.

Most people are pretty cool when someone dies. Chat is filled with "GG" / "RIP" and stuff.

The game is designed for you to fail. Death is always an eventuality. It's just fun to see how long you can last. Hehe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The game is designed for you to fail. Death is always an eventuality. It's just fun to see how long you can last. Hehe.
    Yeah, I can agree with the last part. I just didn't think of it because I'm not familiar with ARPG games and I don't know how a community in an ARPG really works, if that makes any sense.

Since there's more people playing in softcore than in hardcore(I think), it'd be bad for it to be visible when ever someone died in hardcore to be visible to everyone, since the softcore people wouldn't really understand how bad/etc it'd be for an announcement like that to happen, and the player that died would have a lot of frustration I imagine, I probably would.

So yeah, that means it's good that only the people playing harcore can see it since they understand the person that died better and won't really make fun, but then again, I don't know how it works atm so it's just speculation or anedoctal evidence or wtv it's called. xD

And I'm babbling, again. :p

10+ Year Old Account
    So is Act 3 the end of the game , so to speak? the last act? Just finished the 2nd today.

Last act is the third, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    So is Act 3 the end of the game , so to speak? the last act? Just finished the 2nd today.
    It's the final act, the end of the game is when you reached level 100 and have perfect gear... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice. I'm liking the challenge so far. Came close to dying lots of times and died a couple of times , from a guy that froze me on act 1 in a Medicine box quest, and to the lightning shooting skeletons in Act 2 , they were paired with a Necromancer, which made things harder =p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    It's the final act, the end of the game is when you reached level 100 and have perfect gear... :P
    One could hope for this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    from a guy that froze me on act 1 in a Medicine box quest
    God. That dude was freezing me all day long. rofl
    and to the lightning shooting skeletons in Act 2
    Every time they broke, I got happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh ill never reach level 100 ahah, im not that skilled tbh, only managed to get kill maghda in Diablo 3 Inferno , and it was painful (relatively speaking) enough to reach her.

I do find these games very fun, see how far i can get =P
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-01-27 at 02:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg I love this game

Friend linked it to me a couple of days ago and I've not stopped playing since....

being my typical OCD self I've mapped out a rough build I'll be using, all you PoE pros mind giving it a look over? just to make sure I've not made any REALLY stupid mistakes.

it's meant to be a Dual sword duelist, fairly tanky, lots of health and armor, while keeping some nice damage ta-DOW!

One point I'm already unsure of is "Unwavering Stance" it says "Cannot Evade enemy Attacks, Cannot be Stunned".... So does that really mean I can NEVER evade with that ability? Seems kinda... Harsh, even with Iron Reflexes to turn Evasion into Armor, seems like it might not be worth it, just for Stun Immunity. Might shift it into "Armour Master" for no move penatlies from armor.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

How are you guys finding weapons? I'm level 30 now and I'm using the same claw/sword from level 20.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    How are you guys finding weapons? I'm level 30 now and I'm using the same claw/sword from level 20.
    If you have a friend that plays a lot, you'll be getting a lot of free gear and good gear.

That's how I've been getting some of my gear so far, along with gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still using Rare rings and boots i found on mid act 1, and im on act 3 at the moment. I think thats normal in this game as i don't feel my power compared to the mobs decreasing , so good items in this game are actually GOOD =P

Just luck of the draw.

There is a currency penalty for doing zones too low. A lot of people play the game and are "over level", so to speak, without realizing. Then they say things like, "I have no problems clearing such & such."

Ideally it's like Guild Wars, where the tougher the mobs you can take on the greater the chance of items. I don't mean clearing a lvl 8 area at lvl 2 is better. But clearing a lvl 8 area at lvl 12 is less optimal.

This may not be the case for you, personally. Though can be a source of lesser drops for some.

Level 30 and using a level 12 bow because it gives 30% physical power. I feel like percent physical power is way over budgeted and needs to be toned down.

Quick question but does Flammability and Elemental Weakness stack?

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Quick question but does Flammability and Elemental Weakness stack?
    They stack if you have the means to curse an enemy twice. Which by default is not possible.

There are passives and unique items that allow an enemy to be cursed more than once.

Elemental Weakness is the stronger curse, btw.

When it comes to the cash shop, are the items you buy during the beta put back into your stash after the final character wipe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    When it comes to the cash shop, are the items you buy during the beta put back into your stash after the final character wipe?
    There won't be more character wipes, afaik, so I'm going to assume that won't happen.

Also, if I buy something from the store, like a cosmetic for my helmet, can I use it on all my characters simultaneously?
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-27 at 05:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Also, if I buy something from the store, like a cosmetic for my helmet, can I use it on all my characters simultaneously?
    Only one cosmetic can be use at time and they are shared between characters. In other words if you have a weapon effect in use it will not be available to any other character until you remove it. If you buy two of the same effect then yes you can put it on two characters at the same time.

Only thing I'm not certain about is if you can use a weapon and helm effect at the same time, I've only bought a weapon one.

They are not a one time use btw. They can be removed and re-used.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Only one cosmetic can be use at time and they are shared between characters. In other words if you have a weapon effect in use it will not be available to any other character until you remove it. If you buy two of the same effect then yes you can put it on two characters at the same time.

Only thing I'm not certain about is if you can use a weapon and helm effect at the same time, I've only bought a weapon one.
    Ah, okay, thanks!

I have no idea but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use both at the same time. I've only seen people with either only a cosmetic for the helmet or only for their weapons, so I don't really know.